Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week Four of the 2020 NFL Regular Season!!!

CB Rock Ya-Sin, TE Trey Burton and DT Sheldon Day are all back practicing.  Michael Pittman, however, will have surgery for an injured leg and be out several weeks. No timetable on his return. 

The Jets organization say that they plan on keeping Adam Gase the rest of the season. It's sometimes a bad sign when a team says that; they try to present positive news to the media, but there is chaos going on the background. Have to see what happens if the Jets keep on losing. 

BTW, a co-worker of mine is a Jets fan. I told him that I felt sorry for him. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman @teganslaw @sunshine45 

Well a decision has been made regarding the Steelers/Titans game that was postponed because of Co-Vid....

The league announced today that the Steelers-Titans game that was postponed because of the Titans’ COVID-19 outbreak will now be played in Week Seven on Sunday, October 25. Week Seven had previously been the Titans’ bye week.

The Steelers had been scheduled to play the Ravens in Week Seven but will now play the Ravens in Week Eight. In the original schedule, Week Eight was both the Steelers’ and Ravens’ bye week. The Ravens’ bye is now Week Seven, and this week will be considered the Steelers’ and Titans’ bye.

Both Steelers-Titans and Steelers-Ravens are scheduled to take kick off at 1 p.m. ET and be televised on CBS.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Poor Coach Ron Rivera.....

The Washington coach, who is undergoing cancer treatment for squamous cell carcinoma, missed Wednesday’s practice. He left Thursday’s practice near the end, but before it was over, because of the effects of chemotherapy.  He returned to practice Friday. 

“The last few days have been a bear,” Rivera said, via John Keim of ESPN, “so I slowed it down and tried to take care of myself and pay attention to what my body is telling me, which I have to do. You can’t get ahead of yourself. I probably shouldn’t have been out there Thursday. It did really sneak up on me and whack me pretty good.”

Rivera said he “feels fine.” Defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio has taken over Rivera’s head coaching duties when Rivera has missed practices or team meetings.  He will coach Sunday, likely getting an IV either before the game or at halftime.  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

More bad news re Covid.  It is now in the NE Patriots and KC Chiefs organizations.  Game is postponded until early next week, but that is what happened with the Steelers/Titans game and ended up delayed a few weeks. 

Honored Contributor

@JillyMarie wrote:

More bad news re Covid.  It is now in the NE Patriots and KC Chiefs organizations.  Game is postponded until early next week, but that is what happened with the Steelers/Titans game and ended up delayed a few weeks. 

@JillyMarie 

I wonder if these players with Co-Vid cases are going out to bars and stuff.....  They closed the bars here because that was the biggest center for outbreaks, the bars and dining inside restaurants....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@JillyMarie wrote:

@JillyMarie 

I wonder if these players with Co-Vid cases are going out to bars and stuff.....  They closed the bars here because that was the biggest center for outbreaks, the bars and dining inside restaurants....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

It is certainly possible.  Throught out the hockey playoffs all games were confined to two arenas.  The finals were played in one - Edmonton .  The players were under strick curfew and social distancing protocals.  No reported cases of Covid.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@JillyMarie wrote:

@JillyMarie 

@Spurt 

it depends on the city and on the nfl team rules i guess?

our bars and restaurants are open at 75% capacity now.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

on a happier note, i was glad to see joe flacco get to throw a few passes the other evening!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Eagles fans are actually hoping Eagles players get Covid to buy time for the injured players to recover. Two more guys went on injured reserve with left tackle Jason Peters and cornerback Trevor Williams going on the list. The list of guys not playing is getting longer than the list of guys who will be playing. Our soon to be younger offensive line is getting lots of experience. Jordan Mailata, our converted Australian rugby player will be starting instead of Jason Peters. Nate Herbig is playing at left guard. Matt Pryor at right guard.

DeSean Jackson is out again. Alshon Jeffery is still out. Jalen Reagor is still out. Quez Watkins isn't ready yet. We've elevated a couple of wide receivers from the practice squad. We've also brought up "running back" Adrian Killins. The quotes around running back is because he played both running back and wide receiver in camp. Killins is the fastest Eagle, so we could see him lining up wide and trying to stretch the field.

The Eagles were the least injured team during the Chip Kelly years and we've been decimated since he left. I don't know what happened since then, but it hasn't been good.

Fans were worried how we'd get under the salary cap next year. Suffice to say a whole lot of older, injury prone guys won't be back. Fans have tired of the DeSean Jackson return and want him gone. He probably will be gone. Alshon Jeffery, Jason Peters, and more guys will be gone. For better or worse it'll be up to the kids to carry the day.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

It's game day! Or as the Eagles call it, New Injury Day. Ugh! It's been one of those years yet again.

My early game today is the Browns at the Cowboys. Expect this to be a high-scoring game. That Cowboys secondary is very porous and the Browns have great receivers who can exploit it. The Cowboys are averaging scoring about 29 points a game, but giving up about 32 points a game. The Browns are averaging scoring 25 points a game and giving up 29. I'm not sure how long the Mike McCarthy era will be in Dallas, but if the Cowboys lose this week JJ may start to rethink that decision. The good news for the Cowboys is they have the Giants next week. While the Giants typically play the Cowboys hard, that's just a mess of a team this year.

My second game today is the Colts at the Bears. Eagles fans will get a chance to see Nick Foles again. Will it be the good Nick or the bad Nick? You never know. He's generally good for several weeks in a row though so I expect to see the good Nick today.

The night game features the MASH units of Philadelphia and San Francisco. The Eagles were forced to make seven, count em seven, roster moves this week to field something resembling a team. Our wide receiver corps consisted of Greg Ward before the moves. Now we've got Greg Ward, John Hightower, Travis Fulgham, and Deontay Burnett. That Niner's secondary is shaking in their boots over facing that imposing lineup. Uh, no.

Adrian Killins was also called up and signed to the big roster which is kind of interesting. He's blazing fast (low 4.2's) and has good hands. Officially he's a running back, but the Eagles also had him at wide receiver in training camp. I suspect the Eagles are hoping to get him matched up on a linebacker on a swing route out of the backfield and watch him just run away from the coverage. 

The Eagles offensive line lost another starter with Jason Peters going on IR. It was a weird week for Peters. We were told he was just tired at the end of last week's game, then it was a shin injury, then an ankle, then a foot, then he was just "sick", and now a toe injury.  As poorly as he played last week, he may be done. He was just awful. Jordan Mailata our converted Australian rugby player gets to start in his place. Mailata has looked okay in training camp and has a ton of potential, but he'll get a good test tonight.

On defense, injuries have decimated the cornerbacks once again. We have three healthy guys which is good. The bad news is two of them are slot corners. Unless the Niners cooperate by playing two slot receivers each down, and they probably won't, then we'll have a slot receiver trying to play outside. That could prove interesting.

The only good news for the Eagles is that the Niners are nearly as badly injured. I'm not wildly optimistic about the outcome of this game. The Eagles could win, but I don't think they will. We'll find out tonight if I'm right or not. Right now coming out of a game without any new season-ending injuries would be a win.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!