Honored Contributor

Week Four of the 2018 NFL Regular Season!!!

We start out this week with the Vikings at the Rams. I've got to take the Rams.

The Jets take on the Jaguars. I'll take the Jaguars.

The Dolphins take on the Patriots. This is a tricky one. The Pats haven't looked right, and the Dolphins can give them a fight. I'm going for the upset here and taking the Dolphins.

The Eagles take on the Titans. Wentz is back and he'll have more weapons this week with Ajayi, Sproles, and Alshon Jeffery all likely back. I'm taking the Eagles.

The Texans take on the Colts. Kind of a toss-up game to me. It sounds like Bill O'Brien is trying to protect his QB more than letting him play. I'll take the Colts.

The Lions at the Cowboys. All the Lions need to do is score twenty plus points and they'll win. That Cowboy offense is largely non-existent these days. I'll take the Lions.

The Bucs take on the Bears. I'll take the Bears. Fitzmagic isn't dead, but he's looking mortal again.

The Bengals take on the Falcons. I'll take the Falcons.

The Seahawks take on the Cards. The Cards have finally realized Bradfords not the answer and are starting their rookie. I'll give the edge to the Seahawks.

The Browns take on the Raiders. The Raiders are showing signs of life. I'll take the Raiders in this one.

The Saints take on the Giants. Drew Brees against Eli Manning just isn't a fair fight these days. Brees is great and Eli isn't. I'll take the Saints.

The Niners take on the Chargers. With Garoppolo gone for the year it's hard to see the Niners winning. I'll take the Chargers.

The Ravens rumble with the Steelers. Expect lots of intensity in this one. I'll take the Steelers at home.

The Chiefs take on the Broncos. Mahomes is the real deal. I'll take KC.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week Four of the 2018 NFL Regular Season!!!

I've been checking out the Texans message boards, and a lot of their fans are already counting the game as a loss. They don't have confidence in the coach, and mention that the Texans defense has been hiding lately. Watt can't do everything by himself. 

The Colts swept the Texans last year, but Watson was out and the Texans were missing many other starters. Even now, unless there are changes with Houston, Indy should take this game. 

Ravens-Steelers games are always entertaining. Those two teams don't like each other, so expect fighting and penalties. That's a good matchup for Sunday night. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

Jags over Jets-Jets can only beat the Lions (they knew what Staff was calling??!!)

Dolphins over Pats-Maybe wishful thinking, but Belicheck has lost his edge

Eagles over Titans-Easy win with either QB

Texans over Colts-JJ Watt (and they are my FF defense)

Lions over Cowboys-Otherwise my life here in Tulsa will suck due to all the Dallas fans

Bucs over Bears-Fitzmagic over Trubisky

Falcons over Bengals-My two FF QB, I am playing Matty Ice

Seahawks over Cards-This one could go either way

Browns over Raiders-Mayfield!!!

Saints over Giants-Eli can't hold a candle to Drew-never could

Chargers over 49ers-Agree, @gardenman

Ravens over Steelers-Ben should have retired

Chiefs over Broncos-This one could be a landslide win

Good Luck to all teams!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Trusted Contributor

There are two byes this week ... Redskins and Panthers

Here are my picks for the remaining  30 teams!

Thursday 8:00

LA RAMS over Vikings

Sunday 1:00

COLTS over Texans

BILLS over Packers

BEARS over Bucs

DOLPHINS over Patriots 

COWBOYS over Lions

FALCONS over Bengals

JAGUARS over Jets

EAGLES over Titans

4:05....

BROWNS over Raiders

CARDINALS over Seahawks

GIANTS over Saints (major upset!!)

LA CHARGERS over 49ers

8:20

RAVENS over Steelers

Monday 8:15

BRONCOS over Chiefs

A few notes!! Woman Happy

The Rams look unstoppable.

In the Bills/GB game, I am concerned that Rodgers' knee is still a factor ... and Josh Allen was amazing last week! 

Brady is not the same without Edelman who is still under suspension this week ... so I think the Dolphins will win quite handily over the Patriots. 

With the Cardinals, I think Josh Rosen will give them a win.

Have a feeling the Giants will surprise many with an upset victory over the Saints!

I expect the Ravens to win easily over the Steelers.

And as much as I like the Chiefs and Mahomes, I have a feeling the Broncos will pull this one out. 

Good luck to all!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Y'all know your football. Impressive. I'm more about baseball, but do enjoy our Chiefs! Interesting year. Good luck to your teams.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Week 4 already why does the NFL season go by so quickly!!! Woman Sad 

Will this week be filled with more upsets?  One thing I definitely know my Redskins can't lose--BYE WEEK!!! Woman LOL  And Im not fond a early bye weeks either---

Let me make some picks!

Vikings vs Rams--Vikings coming off a shellacking by the Bills of all teams, and the Rams suffered several injuries to key players....but I will go with the RAMS at home.  I wonder if Viking fans will question the move to get Cousins????

Jets vs Jaguars--I think and hope for Bortles sake the Jags rebound from last week!!  Sorry Sam going with the JAGS!  (interesting rumor from the UK-- if the Jag's owner closes the stadium deal there the Jags will relocate to London)

Dolphins vs Patriots--One of the media guys said Patriots use September "to play possum" (my paraphrase) and them come to life and go to the playoffs and beyond.  Meanwhile the Dolphins are perfect so far...It's still September and Im going with the DOLPHINS

Eagles vs Titans--Wentz is back for the Eagles, and they take on the surprising Titans.  I'm going with the EAGLES!!

Texans vs Colts--What's wrong with the Texans particularly on defense, and is O'brien not playing to their QB's strengths. The Colts are getting better and stronger and adapting to their new coach (although some are wondering about Luck's arm strength).  Im going with the COLTS at home.

Lions vs Cowboys--The Cowboys have sunk to 31st on offense (only the Cards are worse) and now they are getting banged up on defense.  The Lions came to life against the Patriots!!!  I'm going to go with the LIONS to roar again and beat the Cowboys! @redwingsgal hope you're Lions WIN! 

Bills vs Packers--Rodgers isn't the same with that injury.  And even if they go with their backup they are in trouble. So Im going with the BILLS and their rookie QB who got the team on track......

Bucs vs Bears---Both QBs are prone to mistakes, but gotta go with Mack and DA BEARS defense to win!!!... (I bet Jon Gruden wishes like Cher he could "turn back time" and sign Mack).

Bengals vs Falcons--Just when it looked like the Bengals were on their way they hit a road block!  And it looks like the Falcons got their offense running on all cylinders, but where's their defense.  The Bengals are known for their tough and sometimes dirty "D".  But I think the falcons have too much fire power. I'm going with the FALCONS!

Seahawks vs Cardinals--The Cardinals are starting rookie Rosen, and Seahawks are the better team---SEAHAWKS!!!

Browns vs Raiders--The Browns won when Mayfield took charge and got a win.  The Raiders do well in the first half and then its a swan song in the second half---and BTW they need a pass rusher.  Im going with that fiesty Mayfield and those BROWNS!

Saints vs Giants--Hey @gardenman they benched Flowers--surprise surprise!!!  Drew Brees was on fire last week--no way Eli and company keep up with them on offense --the SAINTS will be marching to victory!!!  

49ers vs Chargers--Without Jimmy G-- CHARGERS!

Ravens vs Steelers--Always a tough hard fought rivalry game.  I plead the 5th Smiley Wink

Chiefs vs Broncos--Mahomes is breaking records--too explosive Von Miller and company wont be able to stop him --- CHIEFS!!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Colts are tied for 7th in fewest sacks allowed, so far. This is a huge improvement from previous years. The Colts have a different O line coach, and it shows in results. Protecting Luck was of major importance, so that's  working this season. There are other issues, but I'm impressed with the defense. It's a start. 

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

I will do my best to help you out, @Spurt !!!

Thanks!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Esteemed Contributor

The Carolina Panthers signed S Eric Reid to a one year deal. Reid had joined Kaepernick in filing a collusion suit against the NFL. According to the article, Reid's order in the lawsuit won't change even after the signing.

That might be a good signing, but why would Reid continue with the lawsuit? The reason for it was because the NFL refused to sign players who knelt during the anthem. Now that Reid has signed, there would be no purpose for the collusion suit. Unless Reid wants to continue supporting Kaepernick. 

Oddsmakers in Vegas are bringing up Mahomes for VIP. That seems a bit early; Mahomes is on fire, but there is still a while to go in the season. 

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw

My brother got to meet Eric and his brother Justin Reid---Justin played in the Alamo Bowl in December.  Justin played for Stanford, he was playing well but got hurt ......  Justin now plays for the Texans.

I guess Eric is supporting the right to protest, but gee he should be grateful he got hired by a team, there are other ways to combat social injustice instead of just kneeling during the anthem.  He should drop his lawsuit but I guess Colin and others would make life difficult for him backing out, but it's his livelihood at stake

I really like the direction your new coach and GM are taking the Colts......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”