Honored Contributor

Re: Week Five of the NFL Regular Season!!!

@Spurt

Yeah, it's not a good injury either. He'll be 29 in March so he's getting up there a bit. Can he come back? Probably. Should he? That's a good question. He was playing okay this year, but not dominating. I'm not sure I wouldn't walk away if I was him. We'll have to see what he decides, but we might have seenthe last of JJ Watt as a high caliber player.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

J J Watt seemed to be in a lot of pain, and then being transported in an ambulance was a bad sign. I wouldn't be surprised to see him retire after this. A person can only take so much. 

Teams should not sleep on San Francisco. The Colts got a break because of penalties, but SF defense stepped up, especially in the second half. I have a feeling that the team will win their first game when it's least expected. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Yeah, the Niners are going to jump up and bite a few teams this year. The Chargers are a lot better than their record shows also. The Chargers could end up in the playoff hunt before all this is done. Only the Chiefs are running away with things and everyone else in the AFC is pretty much grouped at 3-2 or 2-3. going from 1-4 to joining those groups isn't all that hard for the Chargers. They could jump back into the hunt.

The Giants and Browns may be the two worst teams this year. The Giants go to Denver next followed by home games against Seattle and the LA Rams, then on the road to the Niners. After that they've got the Chiefs, Redskins, Raiders, Cowboys, Eagles, Cards and Redskins. There aren't a lot of obvious wins in those games given how badly beat up the Giants are right now. They're down to one healthy wide receiver, the offensive line is a mess, the defense isn't intimidating. I'm sure the Giants will get a win or two in that mix, but there aren't a lot of obvious ones.

It'll be interesting to see the Bears tonight. They're not a bad team and if Trubisky plays well tonight and they get the win, they could be in the wildcard hunt. They could surprise a few teams down the road.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

Hope Watts (Texans) is okay soon. He's so good for the Houston community. Good man.

Enjoying the KC Chief's fifth game -- close to a fifth win. 

@jeanlake

The Chiefs are the best team in the NFL right now.....CONGRATS!

AND CONGRATS TO FANS OF ALL THE WINNERS!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Chiefs Kingdom celebrating again!!!!!  So sorry to see JJ Watt go down - we show respect for such a talented competitor, not to mention a good human being. I was always amazed that he used tractor and truck tires as part of his workout -- could flip those things so easily!

I'm off to order some new KC sports auto accessories. I bought a new car, and my old accessories just don't feel "right" on the new ride. LOL

Honored Contributor

@LonestarBabs wrote:

Chiefs Kingdom celebrating again!!!!!  So sorry to see JJ Watt go down - we show respect for such a talented competitor, not to mention a good human being. I was always amazed that he used tractor and truck tires as part of his workout -- could flip those things so easily!

I'm off to order some new KC sports auto accessories. I bought a new car, and my old accessories just don't feel "right" on the new ride. LOL

Just don't jinx them with the new stuff!

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@gardenmanOoh - good point. Maybe I'll use the old accessories after all...

Honored Contributor

so so glad that i got to watch a very good RAVENS game yesterday. our offense actually looked like they were all working together. our running game really stepped up yesterday. i think i figured out the secret to them winning. if i go out to a bar and watch the game, they seem to win. LOL.....may have to do it again next week to make sure that theory holds up!

we lost two players yesterday and i am not sure of their status. as of early sunday we had the most injured reserve players of any team......a total of 17. we are definitely a banged up team.

we got lucky that the steelers lost.....we are now tied for first in our division. when was the last time the browns had an over .500 season? 

while i was watching the ravens, i was also watching the packers/cowboys game. wow, that was an exciting one to watch also.  i cannot believe i sat down for 3.5 hours of non stop watching of both games!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45

Yeah, the Ravens started losing players in training camp and they were putting one to two guys a week on the DL. It's very hard to lose that many good players to injury and play well. 

@LonestarBabs

I'm superstitious and won't buy anything new if my team is winning, but if they're losing, look out! Sooner or later I'll find that lucky shirt, banner, meal, or whatever that will turn the tide and get us back to winning. Before our first game this year I put one of the Eagles' old cheerleaders up as the wallpaper on my computer and we've been playing so well, I won't change it. I may get very bored of looking at her by the time the Super Bowl rolls around, but as long as we're playing well, she stays on the screen.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Well, that's interesting. The Saints have traded Adrian Peterson to the Cards for a conditional draft pick. It looks like the Cards are hoping to make a run at that NFC West title this year.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!