Honored Contributor

Re: Week Five of the NFL Regular Season!!!

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

I hope KC wins Sunday. I don't want Houston to get too far ahead in the AFC South. 

Tennessee signed Weeden, so I wonder if he'll play instead of Mariota. If it's Weeden against Cutler, the game coud be a toss up. 

I think Dallas could win this game. Green Bay has too many injured players, and, as good as he is, Rodgers can't do it all. 

Indy has to win this week, They're already 1-3 and can't afford another loss. SF hasn't won yet, so I have a feeling that they will come to play and that this could be  close game. This is an unusual season, and it's diffcult to predict outcomes. 

@teganslaw

Hey Tegan.....now don't underestimate Weedon, after all Jerry Jones once said "Weedon had one of the finest arms in the game today" when he was with the Cowboys of course.....(rolling my eyes and being sarcastic---such is the talent evaluation of Jerry Jones and the biggest promoter and BSers ince PT Barnum)............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45

Hey Sunshine45....Im enjoying listening to Steve Smith Jr on the NFL Network....he tells it like it is................

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

GAME DAY!!! Woman Very Happy

We got 

Cardinals vs Eagles OR  Chargers vs Giants (really 2 teams that are 0-4) thats what they picked for our AFC viewing pleasure since Texans are on SNF?????  Really whose in charge here gotta be a better game than that........Woman Tongue

Late game---

Packers vs Cowboys (GO PACK GO!)

SNF-

Chiefs vs Texans

MNF-

Bears vs Lions!

Don't the Vikings play in Chicago Monday night?

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter

yes, it is bears vs vikings on MNF.

lions are playing panthers right now in the early game.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

So much for the Eagles/Cards game being close. The Eagles won 34-7 and it could have been much more one-sided. There were four or five dropped interceptions by the Eagles defense. Not a perfect game by the Eagles, but a very, very good one.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

The game was too close for comfort. Colts win 26-23 in overtime. The Colts almost scored on the first drive in OT,but Brissett threw

too low and the ball was intercepted in the endzone. Some penalties put the Colts in field goal range where Vinatieri kicked a 51 yarder to win.  SF didn't give up and played hard. 

Marlon Mack ran for 91 yards and scored a touchdown; Hilton had 177 receiving yards, so the offense worked. The defense just has trouble holding a large lead, but I'll take a win any

way I can get it. 

The Giants season is practically over now. They lost WR Sterling Shepard and Brandon Marshall; now Beckham  was carted off the field with an ankle injury. It might be serious. 

I guess that Sunshine 45 is  a Jaguars fan today. What happened to the Steelers? They were at home, too. Don't underestimate Jacksonville. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

The reports are that Beckham broke his leg, needs surgery and is gone for the year. At 0-5 a smart Giant GM would start poaching promising players off other team's practice squads to audition and bench/cut/trade guys on your roster who won't be on your roster next year to make room for them. Rebuilding for next year should start now. When the season ends teams will absorb the guys on their practice squads onto the bigger after season roster. Now's a good time for a team like the Giants to grab a few of those guys. If you can poach five to ten promising young players who will grow into better players next year, it's smart to do so.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@deepwaterdotter @sunshine45

Sorry deepwterdotter my bad I made a mistake and went back an corrected my original post.... as Sunshine said it's Bears vs Vikings.......And thanks Sunshine for providing the correct info....

BTW @sunshine45  looks like your Ravens ARE BACK!!!!  CONGRATS!...

Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

So much for the Eagles/Cards game being close. The Eagles won 34-7 and it could have been much more one-sided. There were four or five dropped interceptions by the Eagles defense. Not a perfect game by the Eagles, but a very, very good one.

@gardenman

CONGRATS to the Eagles on that VERY IMPRESSIVE WIN!!!  

It was a Red Zone kind of day since Cards/Eagles was not competitive.........But once again a lot of interesting and exciting finishes to some of the other games...........

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw

I was checking out NFL.com and what a GREAT video of when they were getting the preperations ready for Peyton's ring of honor ceremony ....Jeff Saturday hiking the ball to Peyton to throw it to Reggie Wayne in the end zone....!!!!  Woman Very Happy

Yep the Giants season looks to be OVER,  my sister already said she is looking forward to having a real high draft pick........

Pretty exciting ending to the Colt's game CONGRATS on the WIN!!! It was appropriate since Peyton was beig honored........

It looks like the Steelers might have some divisive stuff going on in their locker room (with Ben calling out Antonio earlier in the week)....they played awful!!!  

Jags are an up and down team one week they look good and then others not so great.....

Those interceptions killed the Rams...........

I did awful in my picks Woman Frustrated