Honored Contributor

Re: Week Five of the 2022 NFL Regular Season!!!

i swear i dont understand when the coach, 4 minutes to go, decides to go for two points to go ahead instead of the extra point to tie it? LOL, john harbaugh must be whispering in other coaches ears.

tough loss for the raiders. great comeback by the chiefs.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

With six seconds left in a game, you have to fire your shot and hope for the best. If it's a TD, great. If it's picked, oh well. On to next week. I've seen way too many QBs on a fourth and goal at the end of a game throw a pass out of the back of the endzone where no one can get it. Give your guy a chance and hope he comes down with it. You can't just sit there forever and hope someone gets open or you'll get sacked and the game ends without taking a shot. Be aggressive. Take your shot and hope for the best.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 

Yeah, there are times to go for two and times to take the tie. I'd have taken the tie, assumed KC would drive down the field for a FG or TD, then hope I had enough time left to even the score or go ahead. Giving Patrick Mahomes the ball with four minutes left pretty much guarantees he'll drive the field for a score of some sort. Or, if he's already ahead, he'll just run the clock out. Tie it up, hope you can either stop Mahomes, force him to a field goal, or that he gives you enough time to match or beat his score.

The Raiders had the Chiefs on the ropes early but didn't put them away. And it came back to bite them.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman 

Mr."genius" Josh McDaniels had the Chiefs on the ropes early and then blew it.....penalties reared their ugly head and then there's the question can you STOP MAHOMES ..... a difficult task indeed! But another good game overall.....

This is how the media blows everything out of proportion-

Ron Rivera said on the @DonGeronimoShow that he addressed the team and talked to Carson this morning about his comments yesterday. Rivera clarified that he meant the other QBs in the NFC East have familiarity in their systems/teams, and Wentz is in his first year in WAS.

Capture.PNG Rivera wasnt putting the entire blame for the loss on Wentz's interception---there were other careless mistakes throughout this game...and the other 4 games as well....thats why he said, "we have to continue to build around him (Wentz)!"  

-I knew exactly what River meant regarding his QB comment--the other QBs have been with their teams longer in the NFC East than Wentz!--They cite Daniel Jones, well he has a new coach, but, except for rookies, Jones is familiar with his teammates same for Hurts, and Rush.....But with Wentz these are brand new teammates, and Terry held out so wasnt there all of training camp to help develop timing with Wentz....Now yes Wentz HAS made mistakes but so has Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, Joe Burrows, Derek Carr, Kyle Murray---no QB is 100% perfect!!!!

It was interesting because this morning on GMFB, Kyle even said, "there's something about this guy " (Wentz)...Yep, Wentz gets more criticism than a lot of other QBs that deserved more than he---like Russell Wilson..........

But to paraphrase Rosannadanna on SNL (with this team)...."IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHING"!🙄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Amid all the Washington controversey, what else is new 🙄, there was a nice moment when 2 Bama boys exchanged jerseys--Brian Robinson and Derrick Henry.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”