Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week Five of the 2021 NFL Regular Season!!!

There is no timetable for Russell Wilson's return. Geno Smith might have to take over for awhile. The Seahawks needed this win; they're 2-3 in last place. If SF wins, things will look even worse.

I don't like Seattle's green uniforms. It's not a good look for them. 

Sunday morning football! The Jets-Falcons game is at 9:30 a.m. 

Then games at 1:00, 4:25 and Sunday night. I don't know what game will be televised in my area in place of the Colts, although I'm quite sure that they will show the Giants-Cowboys later. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

Last night's game was pretty good but turned into the Finger Bowl with each starting QB dinging a finger. Geno Smith almost pulled out the win for the Seahawks, but a receiver falling killed the final drive when he fell and the defender intercepted the ball.

@gardenman 

What are the odds of BOTH QBS having finger injuries...

I don't think I've ever seen it before in the same game. Finger injuries are common for QBs but both in one game? That was weird. The Rams were lucky Stafford was able to continue. Their backups are John Wolford and Bryce Perkins. Not names that inspire a lot of confidence. Geno Smith isn't a bad backup.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

that game last night was both interesting and STRANGE at the same time! oh well, these are the kinds of games that are fun to watch, especially if you dont necessarily care who wins .

does it seem like there are an awful lot of strange kicks this season? especially easy field goals that dont go in? these kicks seem to make a huge difference in winning and/or changing the energy and pace of the game.

are there going to be more "foreign" games this season or is this weeks the only one?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Russell Wilson is out 6-8 weeks with a ruptured tendon that needs surgery. A great opportunity for Geno Smith. 

Jon Gruden is in trouble for an email he wrote in 2011 where he described DeMaurice Smith in a racist manner. Not smart.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

that game last night was both interesting and STRANGE at the same time! oh well, these are the kinds of games that are fun to watch, especially if you dont necessarily care who wins .

does it seem like there are an awful lot of strange kicks this season? especially easy field goals that dont go in? these kicks seem to make a huge difference in winning and/or changing the energy and pace of the game.

are there going to be more "foreign" games this season or is this weeks the only one?

There is one more London game October 17 between Miami and Jacksonville. That is also 9:30 in the morning.

I agree that there are a lot of missed field goals that should have been made. The Colts' kicker, Rodrigo Blankenship, who had a perfect record, recently missed a 35 yarder. It could have made a difference if things had gone differently in the game. 

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw  thanks! Smiley Happy

yes, for some reason it seems like there have been a significant number of games that have been decided by a kick or a miss! field goals AND extra points.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

There is one more London game October 17 between Miami and Jacksonville. That is also 9:30 in the morning.

I agree that there are a lot of missed field goals that should have been made. The Colts' kicker, Rodrigo Blankenship, who had a perfect record, recently missed a 35 yarder. It could have made a difference if things had gone differently in the game. 

@teganslaw 

Breakfast and football a bit of an odd combination, but Ill take it! 

Well my WFT kicker is one of the worst....not just FGs even several PATs have been missed 😣😫

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@sunshine45 

So Sunshine45 you got the "ace in the hole"with the record breaking kicker on your team...😉😊

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

It's game day! Yay!

Off to jolly old England for game one this morning at 9:30 AM ET, as we try to convince Europe that bad football is better than no football so we're sending them the Jets/Falcons. Two of our worst teams to endure, er, enjoy.

The Eagles take on the Panthers in game two today for me. I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. After this we play the Bucs and Raiders, so we'd better win today. The offense has played pretty well the last two weeks while the defense has slipped a bit. Nick Sirianni had a bit of a powwow with the defensive coaches on Monday and things got a wee bit heated from what's been said. He wants a more aggressive attacking defense. We'll see if that shows up on the field today. 

Game three will be the Giants at the Cowboys. This will be a nice test for both teams. The Giants should try and run the ball on the Cowboys with Saquon and I'm not sure the Cowboys can stop him. 

Then a good game four tonight also with the Bills/Chiefs. The Chiefs are at 2/2 and really don't want to slip to 2-3. The Bills want to beat the Chiefs. The Chiefs' defense couldn't stop the Eagles last week, so the Bills should score a lot.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I'm looking forward to the Jets-Falcons. I want to see if Zach Wilson plays well and if they can win another game. 

No stress today since the Colts play tomorrow night. I can enjoy the games without worrying about Indy making mistakes. I'll be watching Packers & Bengals at 1:00, Giants & Cowboys at 4:00. 

The Sunday night Bills & Chiefs. 

Mark Twain