Honored Contributor

Re: Week Five of the 2019 NFL Regular Season!!!

@teganslaw 

Poor McCoy didnt have a chance, not only was he rusty coming back from his injury the line gave him no protection he was sacked 6 times....18/119  1 interception, 2 fumbles.  And he had virtually no one to throw to.....Jordan Reed still in percussion protocol......old reliable Vernon Davis OUT, his WRs were inexperienced rookies for the most part....McLaurin had a couple nice catches....no running game....AP was awful

What was sad our defense played their hearts out and in the first half pressured Tom Brady and kept the game close and in check, nice interception....nice tackling, but with too many 3 and outs by the offense the defense just got worn out in the second half.....Woman Sad

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

have to say i am really enjoying this chiefs/colts game!

full of action.......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

NFL fines Ben Roethlisberger $5,000 for wearing Apple Watch on Steelers’ sideline, per sources.https://t.co/nLP8RVMZHA

anyone know how much the NFL makes from fines every year? i would be curious to know!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Since I'm a Chiefs fan, I was sad to see them lose but the Colts played a great game. It was a big mistake to let Justin Houston go from the Chiefs.

I thought that Jacoby Brissett was on top of his game. There are some great players on the Colts team.

I give credit where credit is due and tonight it was the Colts.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

NFL fines Ben Roethlisberger $5,000 for wearing Apple Watch on Steelers’ sideline, per sources.https://t.co/nLP8RVMZHA

anyone know how much the NFL makes from fines every year? i would be curious to know!

The fine money doesn't go to the NFL. Instead it's split between two organizations that help older, former players. The NFL Player Care Foundation and the Gene Upshaw Players Association Players Assistance Trust get all of the fine money. I'm not sure I've ever seen the total amount raised, but I'm betting it's in the millions each year.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

JAY GRUDEN IS FIRED!!!!  Just heard a reporter say that if this was about not playing Haskins, per many sources, Haskins just isn't ready some said another YEAR OR TWO!!!!.... My Redskins are a MESS! Woman Sad  Looks like the Redskins are definitely in the hunt for #1 pick in the draft....But this was Beli and the Patriots....couldnt Snyder see how Gruden performed against the Dolphins....odd game to expect anymore than the results we got....

CONGRATS TO @teganslaw  what a great game the Colts played against the Chiefs!  How wonderful it must be to have a good coach and organization....Count your blessings!

And CONGRATS to all the other fans of teams that WON!!!!

@AuntG 

HOW ABOUT THOSE PACKERS! Woman Very Happy

@gardenman 

The Eagles are back in the race for th NFC East Crown.....What has happened to Zeke??? 62 yards rushing????  Gee Redskin rookie Sims had 65 yards.... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

It surprised me too @Spurt . I actually picked the Cowboys in our family pool. 

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

It surprised me too @Spurt . I actually picked the Cowboys in our family pool. 

@AuntG 

Aaaron, RB Jones, and that defense were WONDERFUL!!!  I see former Redskin Preston Smith is doing really well in Packer Land.....As a Redskin fan I enjoyed every minute of that game and seeing the Pack put the Cowboys on the ropes........My many thanks to the PACKERS! Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@JillyMarie wrote:

OMG it looked like they were doing CPR on Mason Rudolph

He's sitting up now, standing up now but he looks totally out of it.  I'd say severely concussed.

That was horrible, I didn't think he was breathing. 

We still did pretty good for a 3 string QB coming in.

Lots of bad calls on both sides. Roughing the passer call against the Steelers SMH

Honored Contributor

Jay Gruden will land someplace else and likely be successful. The Redskins front office just never gave him the players he needs. Vince Lombardi couldn't win football games with that assortment of talent. Gruden's name will be prominently featured as a new head coach option as the coaching bloodletting continues. I figure at least five guys will be out of jobs this year. Gruden's first, but he won't be last. Adam Gase may not survive his first year with the Jets. They spent a fortune on free agents and are playing horrible football. He's made some really weird decisions also. He gave Sam Darnold all of the practice reps this past week, even though there was no guarantee Darnold could play (he couldn't.) That left their starter with no real practice time heading into the Eagles game. Atlanta and Dan Quinn are likely to part ways also.

Given the Redskins' love of Alabama players, they may try to lure Nick Saban to DC to be their new head coach. It's the kind of splashy move Dan Snyder likes to make. Lincoln Riley is said to be looking to move to the NFL also, so a couple of college guys could be in play. I'm not sure the Sean McVay coaching tree is looking so hot right now, so we could see some new names popping up. The Andy Reid coaching tree is looking pretty solid, so teams are likely to go picking over his staff or associated staffs.

Kudos to the Colts for getting the win in KC. That's one of the hardest places to play. 

I loved watching Jason Garrett and JJ in that Cowboys game. Once the Packers got up 31-3 the Packers took their foot off the gas a little, as teams tend to do, and almost let the Cowboys back into the game, but it was too little, too late. The Cowboys go to the Jets this week which should be an easy win for the Cowboys, but that Jets defense is pretty solid. If they get Sam Darnold back for that game and have some competent QB play, they could give the Cowboys a tough time of it. A loss against the Jets could have Jason Garrett out of a job. The Jets defense is playing pretty well. If they can control Zeke and make Dak try to beat them, they could eke out the win.

The Eagles are back in control of their own destiny and that's really all you can ask for. We've got a tough game coming up this week against Minnesota in Minnesota, the first of three straight road games, but it's a winnable game. After Minnesota then we go to Dallas for a really big game. It'll be a nerve-wracking couple of weeks coming up. The defense has their mojo back after yesterday's game however which is nice. They hadn't looked right all season, but the Jets got them back on track. Facing Thielen and Diggs without our top corners is a bit daunting, but if the d-line can get in Cousins' face, he tends to panic and throw the ball up for grabs. We'll see what happens next week. Getting ten sacks and two defensive touchdowns has the Eagles defense feeling really good about themselves again.

It could be a pretty good game tonight with the Browns and Niners. Both teams really need the win to stay at or near the top. Baker Mayfield strikes me as the type of QB who plays well in spotlight games. I don't know about Jimmy G. It should be a pretty fun game to watch.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!