Respected Contributor

Re: Week Five of the 2019 NFL Regular Season!!!

@teganslaw wrote:

Brissett can make big plays, but the receivers have to catch the ball. (looking at Ebron, who dropped three easy passes; did he think he was back in Detroit?)  I have to get up early for work Sunday, so I might not be able to stay up for the whole game, anyway.

Exactly why we do NOT miss him!!!  Mr. Hands of Brick !!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Regular Contributor

As a Seahawks fan, I loved tonight's game. As a Coug, I'm always going with Minshew. 

I think that Kirk Cousins' deal looks like a bust. He just doesn't seem to have what he did in Washington. 

Football is my favorite season.
Honored Contributor

That was a fun game to watch last night. Not as much fun if you were a fan of either team as both gave you heart-stopping moments, but as a pure fan experience, it was awesome! 

Seattle started out the game with their offensive line apparently asleep. Their left guard totally whiffed on an early tackle/end stunt. The Rams were just attacking Russell Wilson like there was no line in front of him. Russell Wilson had to Houdini himself out fo multiple tight spots, then finally the Seahawks linemen woke up and started blocking the Rams.

Both teams pretty much seemed to move the ball at will in the second half and only mistakes slowed down drives. Everett letting the ball slip through his hands for the Seahawk interception looked like it would lock up the win for Seattle, but then the Rams got the ball back for one last, frantic drive down the field into field goal territory only to have Zuerlein miss the 44-yard kick with time running out.

I kind of suspected Zuerlein would miss the kick. His first field goal from the right hash was just barely good. His next two were from the left hash and went down the middle meaning they angled right. The final kick was from the right hash again and also went right, just missing the goal post.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Why wouldnt we here in Seattle like the game as much as you?

Zuerlein may have made that FG if not for the 5 yrd delay of game penalty they got 2 downs earlier.

Honored Contributor

@SeaGal wrote:

Why wouldnt we here in Seattle like the game as much as you?

Zuerlein may have made that FG if not for the 5 yrd delay of game penalty they got 2 downs earlier.

Seattle fans would love the final outcome, but those heart-stopping moments throughout the course of the game makes it much harder for a fan of either team to watch the game and enjoy it during the course of the game. "We're ahead!" "Oh, no! We're behind!" "We're ahead again!" "Dang! An interception!" "We're/They're going to kick the game-winning field goal!" "He missed it!"

Games like that are an emotional rollercoaster if you're invested in them as a fan of either team, but as just a fan of the sport in general and a team not playing in the game, they're fantastic to watch. If I was a Ram fan watching that game, I'd be really annoyed at the missed field goal and up half the night stressing about it. If I was a Seahawk fan I'd be happy and celebrating half the night after the win. During the course of the game, I'd have had emotional ups and downs as the game ebbed and flowed.

It was a great game to watch as an interested bystander, but those kind of games take a few years off the life of the die-hard fans.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman, I am a die hard #12, so much so I chose my nic here to show my support!  (seagals are our cheerleaders)

We knew going into the game it would be a tough fight and that it was. Makes for great football, too many games are ho hum anymore imo, just another game, win or lose. But yah, I prob do have a few more silvers this morning.   Smiley Very Happy

eta~ we play those 'FIESTY Browns' next, that ought to be a good one...or not!!!

Regular Contributor

@SeaGal wrote:

@gardenman, I am a die hard #12, so much so I chose my nic here to show my support!  (seagals are our cheerleaders)

We knew going into the game it would be a tough fight and that it was. Makes for great football, too many games are ho hum anymore imo, just another game, win or lose. But yah, I prob do have a few more silvers this morning.   Smiley Very Happy

eta~ we play those 'FIESTY Browns' next, that ought to be a good one...or not!!!

As a forty year fan of both the Seahawks and Cougars, I'm used to the ups and downs that go with being a die-hard. However, I was nervous last night and had to putz around the kitchen. 

Hubs and I are going to the Cleveland game, and it will probably be similar to last night's. Im hoping the Hawks can put a lot of pressure on Mayfield and get him off his game. 

Football is my favorite season.
Esteemed Contributor

This is not looking good for Indy: Darius Leonard, Malik Hooker and Parris Campbell are out for Sunday's game against KC. Hilton and Marlon Mack are both questionable, although they did practice. 

I read that Colt McCoy will be the starting QB for Washington. Keenum still is injured, and Haskins probably wouldn't be ready to face NE. 

The Cowboys have an advantage Sunday since the Packers' Davante Adams won't play. Adams has been Rodgers go-to guy, so he will most likely be missed. The Packers have other players to replace him, but adjustments will have to made. Rodgers might be OK, although he can't do everything by himself.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

This is not looking good for Indy: Darius Leonard, Malik Hooker and Parris Campbell are out for Sunday's game against KC. Hilton and Marlon Mack are both questionable, although they did practice. 

I read that Colt McCoy will be the starting QB for Washington. Keenum still is injured, and Haskins probably wouldn't be ready to face NE. 

The Cowboys have an advantage Sunday since the Packers' Davante Adams won't play. Adams has been Rodgers go-to guy, so he will most likely be missed. The Packers have other players to replace him, but adjustments will have to made. Rodgers might be OK, although he can't do everything by himself.

@teganslaw 

Sorry to hear about all the Colt injuries.....

Poor Colt....he gets a chance to start for my Redskins , and who does he get to go up against....Beli and the Patriots.....Woman Sad

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

It's game day! The Eagles take on the Jets today. We are 10-0 against the Jets over the lifetime of the teams. Luke Falk will be the starting QB for the Jets today which is good for the Eagles. We only have four healthy cornerbacks for this game and three of them weren't on the roster just twelve days ago. If we were facing a truly competent, gunslinger type quarterback, we'd be in all kinds of trouble. We're apt to make Falk look better than he is, but given a choice, I'd rather face him than most QB's right now. God only knows how well the new corners will work, but they're all we've got so we've got to throw them out there and pray for the best. We're still a bit handicapped on offense with DeSean Jackson still out.

Last year and this we've gone through cornerbacks like they're going out of style. I think we started something like thirteen corners last year and we're on pace to match that again this year. It's not that physical a position, but we just can't keep those guys healthy for some reason. I'd like this game to be a blowout win for the Eagles, but I'm not expecting it. It will likely be a nailbiter to the bitter end.

The second game will be the Cowboys and Packers. This is a good measuring stick game for the Cowboys. They started out against three lesser teams and looked great. Last week they ran into their first good team in the Saints and didn't look great. This week they face Aaron Rodgers who was playing about as well as I've seen him play last week when he threw for over 400 yards against the Eagles. This should be a fun game to watch.

The later game tonight is the Colts and the Chiefs. I don't see this one ending well for the Colts I'm afraid. Playing in KC is more than a bit challenging and the Colts are a bit beat up. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!