Respected Contributor

Re: Week Five of the 2018 NFL Regular Season!!!

@teganslaw wrote:

However, Luck's arm is not an issue. it was good to see him make long throws, TE Eric Ebron stepped up and played well. He dropped some passes, but also scored a touchdown and managed to get a ton of yards. WR Chester Rogers was another factor in the game. He replaced Hilton and showed that he could also be a playmaker. Maybe having all the extra time off will help the Colts recover . 

In Detroit we referred to him as Eric BrickHands!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

I may have been a bit premature ruling out the Eagles trading for Bell. There's been more chatter about it lately and parts are making a bit more sense. Whoever gets him would likely receive a third round pick as compensation for losing him in free agency if they couldn't resign him. If you trade a second round pick for him (and the Eagles have two, their own and Baltimore's) then the cost to rent him for the year isn't so bad. You keep the same number of picks, just slide down from the second round to the end of the third. They'd have to adjust a contract or two to free up the cap space, but it's doable. We'll have to see what happens, but this is looking more possible than I'd first thought.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

@gardenman wrote:
I don't buy that the Eagles have interest in LeVeon Bell. He's very expensive and running backs can be had for a lot less. Corey Clement plays a Bell-like role on the Eagles and does so for a fraction of the cost. I just don't see it happening.

Agree, @gardenman.  Why would ANY team trade what the Steelers want for him now, knowing he will be a free agent at the end of the season??  No, thanks!!

@redwingsgal

There will be some team, some taker, somewhere for Bell....If it can happen in the NBA, it can happen in the NFL....it happened with my Spurs and Kawhi Leonard who demanded a trade, and Toronto took the gamble knowing he wanted to go to LA. The trade went through (Kawhi didnt have a choice) Toronto did it knowing Kawhi would be a free agent next year, so they basically got a one year Kawhi rental but are thinking they can convince him to stay...STAY TUNED........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

The end result wasn't a surprise. The Colts had so many injuries, it was unreal. Leonard and Hilton were already out, and several defensive players were hurt during the game. It was almost painful to watch. 

However, Luck's arm is not an issue. it was good to see him make long throws, TE Eric Ebron stepped up and played well. He dropped some passes, but also scored a touchdown and managed to get a ton of yards. WR Chester Rogers was another factor in the game. He replaced Hilton and showed that he could also be a playmaker. Maybe having all the extra time off will help the Colts recover . 

@teganslaw

Sorry about the Colts, they ran into the problem my Redskins did---too many injuries!  But at least they gave it a try......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

It's game day! An NFC East day locally with the Giants/Panthers up first, Eagles/Vikings next and Cowboys/Texans tonight.

The Eagles need to get their offense back in gear. The Vikings need to get their defense in gear. One or the other might just succeed. I'm hoping it's the Eagles. The Eagles wide receivers are still dinged a bit, but Alshon Jeffery is back, Jordan Matthews has been with the team a bit now, Nelson Agholor is playing well. The tight ends are playing well. Running back is an issue as is the offensive line. The o-line is getting a bit of a shakeup with Isaac Seumalo replacing Wisniewski at left guard. We'll have to see how that works.

The Eagles defense is playing fairly well. We've had a few issues with safeties jumping up and leaving Jalen Mills on his own covering the whole field against a fast wide receiver. No DB can survive that. The Eagles know Kirk Cousins very, very well. Jim Schwartz loves to come with delayed blitzes right in Cousin's face. He knows that Cousins will see that blitzer and rush his throw. The Eagles have benefited from that previously. It should be a good game.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

The early games in our area are Jaguars-Chiefs on CBS and Packers-Lions on FOX. I'll be watching the Jags game, but will occasionally switch between the two channels. This could be the week KC loses it first game. Or not if they can't stop Mahomes. 

The late afternoon game is Vikings-Eagles. That should be interesting.

Then SNF between Dallas and Houston. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

As @gardenman said, we here in the Philly area get to see three NFC East teams play today ... Giants, Eagles, and Cowboys! And to top it off, tomorrow night the Redskins play on MNF!Woman Happy

This Eagles and Vikings game is almost taking on playoff proportions! Both teams really need the win. If the Eagles lose they will be 2-3. If the Vikings lose they will be 1-3-1. I think the Eagles will pull it out but I admit I am a bit apprehensive! Pederson is rearranging the offensive line which is certainly understandable given that Wentz was hit 11 times last week ... but still a bit risky in that the new lineup may not have had time to "gel." 

And John Defillippo who was the Eagles' QB coach last year is now the offensive coordinator for the Vikings. Saw him interviewed where he said how he is, naturally, filling in the defense for the Vikings on all of his inside knowledge of the Eagle offense! Woman Wink

It will certainly be worthy of being the "FOX Game of the Week!!"

Honored Contributor

Our area gets----

Giants vs Panthers--my sis will be watching this!

No NFL parties for me this week---I'm staying home (allergy issues) and will be watching the better game----

Jaguars vs Chiefs

Late game---

Vikings vs Eagles

SNF--

BATTLE OF TEXAS!!!

Cowboys vs Texans! Go JJ Watt & TEXANS! Woman Very Happy

MNF--

Redskins vs Saints-HTTR!

medium.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a question---

How does Michael Irvin stay employed (nothing to do with him being a former Cowboy, actually enjoy Tony Romo as a game analyst)....Irvin got fired from ESPN for drugs, and he has battled several allegations and co-workers were fired for similar situations, he's silly and adds nothing intelligent, and he's a bit obnoxious....There are others out there more talented (they could even hire away someone from ESPN or other networks--Jeff Saturday, Tedy Bruschi, Ryan Clark, Damien Woody, Mark Schlereth, Victor Cruz) yet Irvin remains in his prime seat at the NFL's Flagship Network.....WHY? WHY?WHY?---Irvin ruins the show for me..If they wanted a Cowboy there are others out there doing broadcasting work......I can even tolerate Sanders and his Prime Time Show......Woman Frustrated 

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

I have a question---

How does Michael Irvin stay employed (nothing to do with him being a former Cowboy, actually enjoy Tony Romo as a game analyst)....Irvin got fired from ESPN for drugs, and he has battled several allegations and co-workers were fired for similar situations, he's silly and adds nothing intelligent, and he's a bit obnoxious....There are others out there more talented (they could even hire away someone from ESPN or other networks--Jeff Saturday, Tedy Bruschi, Ryan Clark, Damien Woody, Mark Schlereth, Victor Cruz) yet Irvin remains in his prime seat at the NFL's Flagship Network.....WHY? WHY?WHY?---Irvin ruins the show for me..If they wanted a Cowboy there are others out there doing broadcasting work......I can even tolerate Sanders and his Prime Time Show......:womanfrustrated

Maybe Michael Irvin has the right connections? I have no idea. Someone else I wonder about is Michael Strahan. He was great as a player, but IMO adds nothing to any TV show he's on. How does Strahan get all these positions in TV? I sometimes wonder what networks are thinking with some of their hirings.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain