Honored Contributor

Week Five of the 2018 NFL Regular Season!!!

The Colts take on the Patriots. I'll root for the Colts, but expect the Pats to win.

The Titans take on the Bills. I'll take Tennessee.

The Falcons take on the Steelers. Kind of a must win game for the 1-3 Falcons. I think the Steelers win though.

The Broncos take on the Jets. I'm going with the Jets for some reason.

The Jags take on the Chiefs. Can a great defense slow down a great defense? I don't think so this week. I'll take the Chiefs.

The Packers take on the Lions. I'll take the Lions at home.

The Ravens take on the Browns. I guess I'll take the Ravens.

The Giants take on the Panthers. I'll take the Panthers.

The Dolphins take on the Bengals. I'll take the Bengals.

The Raiders take on the Chargers. The Chargers should win.

The Cards take on the Niners. God only knows who will win, but I'll give an edge to the Niners.

The Vikings take on the Eagles. That Viking defense has gone MIA since the NFC Championship game last year. I'll take the Eagles.

The Rams take on the Seahawks. The Rams and Chiefs are early Super Bowl favorites given how they're playing. I'll take the Rams.

The Cowboys take on the Texans. Take away Ezekiel Elliott and you stop the Cowboys. I think the Texans will do just that. I'll take the Texans.

The Redskins take on the Saints. I'll take Drew Brees and the Saints.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week Five of the 2018 NFL Regular Season!!!

I have a bad feeling about Thursday's game. Hilton is questionable to play, as well as Leonard. S Kenny Moore is in concussion protocol right now, and DE Castonzo still isn't back. 

Gronk will probably be out, but Edelman returns. The Brady-Edelman connection could be a problem. 

RB Robert Turbin returns for the Colts, but I don't know how many snaps he'll take. 

The Colts have to try and pressure Brady. They can't rely on field goals, and need to score in the end zone. Don't fumble the ball or commit many penalties, as the Patriots take advantage of that. Maybe with a good game plan and luck (pun intended) they can pull out a win. 

The latest news is that Le'Veon Bell will be back after the Steelers' week 7 bye. I read that the Eagles had shown interest in Bell. Is that true or just a rumor? The team would have to make some moves in order for that to happen, though. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

Patriots over Colts-But I am with you, @gardenman

Bills over Titans-I need Shady to score me some points!

Falcons over Steelers-Ben is over the hill (but so am I)

Broncos over Jets-This could be a toss-up

Chiefs over Jags-Mahomies!!

LIons over Pack-Just cuz we are home (Lord, please, I have been good!)

Browns over Ravens-I just feel it

Panthers over Giants-Eli was never much in my book

Bengals over Dolphins-could be best game of the week

Chargers over Raiders-Can you say "Mack"??

Niners over Cards-zzzzzzzzzz

Eagles over Vikings-Love ya, Kirk, but no

Rams over Seahawks-Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy

Texans over Cowboys-Defense

Redskins over Saints-I gotcha, @Spurt !!!

Good Luck to all teams this week!!!

Restore the Roar!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow, already Week #5!! 

The Byes this week are the Bucs and Bears....

Here goes ... 

Thursday 8:20 ...

COLTS over Patriots ...probably won't happen but always enjoy betting against NE                 

Sunday 

1 pm ...

JETS over Broncos ... think Darnold will be determined to win 

PACKERS over Lions ...  so sorry @redwingsgal but I think Rodgers will dominate

PANTHERS over Giants ... actually think this could go either way

TITANS over Bills ... Mariota is very, very impressive

FALCONS over Steelers ... Pittsburgh is really struggling ... even more than Atlanta, imo

RAVENS over Browns ... this could be close ... don't underestimate Baker

DOLPHINS over Bengals ... this is a toss-up 

CHIEFS over Jaguars ... after seeing Mahomes Monday night I think he is the best QB in the NFL ... they look like they are heading for the Super Bowl, imo

4:05 pm ....

RAIDERS over Chargers ... just a hunch

EAGLES over Vikings ... but honestly, this could easily go the other way! The Eagles are not dominating as they did in 2017. Just too many penalties and too sloppy. Hopefully last week was a wake-up call.                                              

RAMS over Seahawks ... Goff and the whole team look Super Bowl-bound! 

49ERS over Cardinals ... SF was good last week

8:20 pm ...

COWBOYS over Texans ... Dallas seemed to get their act together last Sunday

Monday 8:15 ...

SAINTS over Redskins ...I am very sorry @Spurt but NO is a tough place to play

Good luck to all!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Doing bad in my picks, but enjoying the games!!!

Here goes nothing!!!

Colts vs Patriots- Cheering for the Colts, but somehow know PATRIOTS will find a way to win-

Titans vs Bills---no contest-TITANS!!!  

Falcons vs Steelers--Interesting game!  Even if Bell ends his holdout he will be a bit rusty.  Falcons lost a tough one.  Im concerned about tĥe defense of both teams!  Owner of the Falcons surprised by the teams start---not good and the pressure is on.  I think I'll go with Matty "Ice" over Ben and go with FALCONS!

Broncos vs Jets---Broncos lost a heartbreaker and Jets ARE a heartbreaker to fans year after year. Going with the BRONCOS!

Jaguars vs Chief---Broncos D almost stopped Mahomes--but couldnt do it (Mahomes just wont lose--spectacular play when he completed a pass while on his back).  Now Jags D gets a turn, and can one trust QB Bortles???? Its at Arrowhead--going with the CHIEFS!

Packers vs Lions---Pack has a hobbling Rodgers, a disgruntled Clay Matthews--how is one supposed to tackle in the NFL---good question!  Lions lost a close one last week!  @redwingsgal Ill take the upset and go with the LIONS! RESTORE THE ROAR!...

Ravens vs Browns--An emotional win against rival Steelers for Ravens, Browns lost a heartbreaker.  For some reason I'm going with the BROWNS in an upset! @sunshine45 is happy with my pick for sure Woman LOL

Giants vs Panthers--Giants cant get their offense going even with Barkley and OBJ, going PANTHERS! 

Dolphins vs Bengals--As Denny Green would say, the Dolphins are who we thought they were......Going with my cat Figgy's BENGALS!

Raiders vs Chargers--Coach "Chucky" got his first win. Chargers are ranked first in passing, 4th in offense and guess what Raiders need a pass rusher--CHARGERS!!! (I wonder what the attendance will be).

Cardinals vs 49ers---CJ Bethard did OK, Cards continue to struggle with team that needs more pieces--49ers for the win!

Vikings vs Eagles--Capt Kirk returns to Philly in a new uniform. Eagles have some injuries and issues in the secondary, and where's the Vikes defense and can Wentz take advantage of it!  This games a coin flip! I think the Vikings need this game more to try to catch up with the Bears who are on a roll, so Ill go with the VIKINGS

Rams vs Seahawks--Earl Thomas may think Seahawks are #1 as he gave the sign as he was carted off the field Woman LOL....Rams are too strong--RAMS!

Cowboys vs Texans--BATTLE OF TEXAS--and will be played in H-Town where lots of people dont like the Boyz!!!.....Texans offense came to life in a shootout, Cowboys won against Lions....Can Watt and company stop Zeke---I think they will slow him down, Im HOPING and PRAYING the TEXANS prevail---Go JJ WATT!!!

Redskins vs Saints--My Redskins come off a bye week!  Drew Brees tore apart the Giants.  Although the Redskins have found a pass rush with those Bama Boys, the secondary is weak, on offense LT Trent Williams had minor surgery and remained inside the practice facility, hes an important key in protecting Smith.  The Redskins need to get Jordan Reed involved in the offense, and better play calling in the Red Zone....The Saints have our hometown boy, Davenport who is a raw rookie but has been playing well to put on a pass rush......New Orleans is a tough place to play......Im hoping somehow/someway my Redskins prevail---HTTR-REDSKINS!  @redwingsgal thanks for your vote of confidence Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I don't buy that the Eagles have interest in LeVeon Bell. He's very expensive and running backs can be had for a lot less. Corey Clement plays a Bell-like role on the Eagles and does so for a fraction of the cost. I just don't see it happening.
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Ninety minutes to TNF! I'm as ready as I'll ever be, I hope the players are also. None of the analysts have the Colts winning. That's OK  because I knew that they were underdogs. 

I'm hoping for a close game, no matter what. Maybe the Colts can confuse and upset Brady; that would be kind of entertaining. 

Goooo Colts!

Mark Twain
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

Ninety minutes to TNF! I'm as ready as I'll ever be, I hope the players are also. None of the analysts have the Colts winning. That's OK  because I knew that they were underdogs. 

I'm hoping for a close game, no matter what. Maybe the Colts can confuse and upset Brady; that would be kind of entertaining. 

Goooo Colts!

@teganslaw

Good Luck! 

Image result for cat in nfl colts jersey

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

The end result wasn't a surprise. The Colts had so many injuries, it was unreal. Leonard and Hilton were already out, and several defensive players were hurt during the game. It was almost painful to watch. 

However, Luck's arm is not an issue. it was good to see him make long throws, TE Eric Ebron stepped up and played well. He dropped some passes, but also scored a touchdown and managed to get a ton of yards. WR Chester Rogers was another factor in the game. He replaced Hilton and showed that he could also be a playmaker. Maybe having all the extra time off will help the Colts recover . 

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

@gardenman wrote:
I don't buy that the Eagles have interest in LeVeon Bell. He's very expensive and running backs can be had for a lot less. Corey Clement plays a Bell-like role on the Eagles and does so for a fraction of the cost. I just don't see it happening.

Agree, @gardenman.  Why would ANY team trade what the Steelers want for him now, knowing he will be a free agent at the end of the season??  No, thanks!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it