Honored Contributor

Re: Week Fifteen of the 2021 NFL Regular Season!!!

@teganslaw @gardenman 

Wow the Colts and their fans were focused determined and on fire. They clearly wanted this game. 

CONGRATS COLTS

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

My local games for today 

Titans vs Steelers 

Cowboys  vs Giants 

Packers vs Ravens

Saints vs Bucs

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

It's game day number three this week. (I think. It's around three anyway.) The NFL's new Covid policy relies on players who aren't feeling well telling their team that they're not feeling well. Uh, guys? You do know that football players try to play while concussed, with torn ACLs, Ronnie Lott even cut off a finger to keep playing. Do you really think they're going to tell the team they have the sniffles? You're apt to see a player dragging a ventilator onto the field with him to keep playing if need be and never admit he has Covid. As sane Covid policies go, this isn't one. Oh well.

We start out locally today with the Cowboys/Giants. The Giants may have someone left to play QB. I haven't checked recently. Daniel Jones is out. I think Mike Glennon is still alive and if not, then they have Jake Fromm. (I think.) Joe Judge has been assured he's back next year while GM Dave Gettleman is being retired. (Voluntarily or not.) Joe Judge has been told to rest his good players so they don't get injured going forward. Yeah. This should be a good game. (Not really. Expect a rout.) 

Then comes the Packers/Ravens in what should be a pretty good game. 

And finally the Saints/Bucs. 

Not the greatest day of football I've ever seen. Oh well, it is what it is. Even horrendously bad football is better than no football. (I think.)

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I got a bit nervous when the score was 20-17, so it was great to see Jonathan Taylor rescue the game with the 60+ yard touchdown. Can anyone stop Taylor? The two top defenses couldn't. 

Fortunately, Pittman's ejection didn't hurt the Colts much. S Kyle Dugger started it, by punching Pittman and tearing off his helmet. Everything happened so fast, but it looked like Pittman took a hit at Dugger, also. The Patriots usually play with more discipline than that. I wonder if Belichick had words with his players after the game. Reich said that this was a must-win game, and the team showed it. 

My area games today are 1:00 Titans and Steelers; Cowboys at NYG.

4:25 Packers at Ravens. 

Today I can just relax and enjoy with no pressure. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

It's game day number three this week. (I think. It's around three anyway.) The NFL's new Covid policy relies on players who aren't feeling well telling their team that they're not feeling well. Uh, guys? You do know that football players try to play while concussed, with torn ACLs, Ronnie Lott even cut off a finger to keep playing. Do you really think they're going to tell the team they have the sniffles? You're apt to see a player dragging a ventilator onto the field with him to keep playing if need be and never admit he has Covid. As sane Covid policies go, this isn't one. Oh well.

We start out locally today with the Cowboys/Giants. The Giants may have someone left to play QB. I haven't checked recently. Daniel Jones is out. I think Mike Glennon is still alive and if not, then they have Jake Fromm. (I think.) Joe Judge has been assured he's back next year while GM Dave Gettleman is being retired. (Voluntarily or not.) Joe Judge has been told to rest his good players so they don't get injured going forward. Yeah. This should be a good game. (Not really. Expect a rout.) 

Then comes the Packers/Ravens in what should be a pretty good game. 

And finally the Saints/Bucs. 

Not the greatest day of football I've ever seen. Oh well, it is what it is. Even horrendously bad football is better than no football. (I think.)

@gardenman 

Even horrendously bad football is better than no football. (I think.)----- I'll add an AMEN to that! 

Honored Contributor

The Giants need to use every 2022 draft pick on o-linemen. That line is a mess. Mike Glennon's not a great QB, but when the d-line is on him instantly, there's not a lot he can do. Each time a pick comes up, they should look at whoever the highest rated o-lineman is and draft him. Get twenty o-linemen if need be, but they've got to fix that line.

Quite a few years ago the Eagles had twenty plus o-linemen on the ninety man off-season roster. They found guys who could play and fixed the line. The Giants need to seriously fix their line issues. Doing something similar would be smart for the Giants. Start raiding practice squads, sign free agents, draft guys, but that line must be fixed.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Pittsburgh is off to a slow start. Penalties are hurting them, and they can't get anything going on offense. Ben Roethlisberger is fifth in NFL history with passing yards, surpassing Philip Rivers. 

What is going on with Arizona? Detroit is shutting them out so far, and Murray has less than 100 yards, no rushing yards.  I didn't expect that.

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

The Cowboys won 21-6, but fifteen of those points came off turnovers. Take away the turnovers and it's a six-six game. The Giants may need to start Jake Fromm. He looked better than Glennon.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

The Packers won the NFC North. The AFC is still crazy. As of this moment, the Bengals knocked the Ravens out of the playoff picture. The Colts, Bengals and Bills are the 5, 6, and 7th wildcard. It depends on if Cleveland beats the Raiders, though. Pittsburgh's victory means that  they are still in the race and any of the four AFC North teams could potentially win that division! Things are bound to change in the next few weeks. 

Baltimore and Cincinnati play each other next week in a huge matchup. That should be a good game. Baltimore makes things interesting; they seem to be out of it and somehow come back. 

Tampa gets into the playoffs with a win tonight. I hope New Orleans wins to complicate things even more.  

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

The playoff race is going to be crazy. I don't see a dominant team this year. Pretty much any team could get hot and win it all. A one-seed or a seven-seed could go all the way. It's just which team gets healthy and hot at the right time.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!