Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week Fifteen of the 2018 NFL Regular Season!!!

There hasn't been any word of Luck's father recruiting him to the XFL. We'll probably know more when Luck's contract expires in a couple years. 

I'm not surprised about Joe Flacco demoted to backup. The Ravens were high on Jackson, and with the team winning several games, and Flacco's injury, I saw it coming. It doesn't seem fair considering what Flacco has done for the team, but the NFL isn't sentimental. Their attitude is "what can you do for us this year?"  BTW, will Harbaugh lose his job if the Ravens miss the playoffs? 

DeFilippo shouldn't be out of a job for long. I can see him going back to the Eagles, where he had much success. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

How did the season go so fast??!!

Chargers over Chiefs-Agree, @Spurt.  I just feel Rivers this year

Texans over Jets-Houston D will prevail, since neither offense is very good

Browns over Broncos-Mayfield is the real deal

Falcons over Cardinals-Arizona is a hot mess right now

Ravens over Bucs-Agree again, @Spurt, Bucs are inconsistent

LIONS over Bills-Still hoping we pass the Pack and Vikes

Bears over Packers-See above

Raiders over Bengals-This could go either way

Colts over Cowboys-Just for you, @Spurt

Redskins over Jags-Even without a QB  

Dolphins over Vikings-See above again

Titans over Giants-NYG are in a bad place right now

Seahawks over 49ers-Easy peasy

Patriots over Steelers-Is Ben really healthy?

Rams over Eagles-Don't know what happened to the Eagles this year

Saints over Panthers-Brees over Newton

Good Luck to all teams!!  

FYI I lost in my FF league last week, I am in the losers bracket now.  Thanks alot, Todd Gurley!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

Well, it looks like Carson Wentz has a broken bone in his back. No word on what exactly is broken. If it's a transverse process (those bony fin-like projections) fracture, it's not a big deal. Those tend to get broken fairly easily and heal on their own. I suspect the Eagles would just as soon park him for the rest of the year so he's fully healthy for the offseason training and minicamps. This gives them a chance to let Foles get some playing time and possibly build some trade value. Foles is under contract next year, but with a twenty million dollar cap hit, he's unlikely staying with the Eagles. If he can come in, get a few wins, look good, he could become a tradeable player.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations to the Chargers! They didn't have Melvin Gordon or Keenan Allen, but managed to win. I hope that Allen's injury isn't too serious; they will need him in the playoffs. 

Patrick Mahomes is a very good QB and will deserve the MVP, but I got tired of the analysts constantly praising him. A couple mentions are fine, but I think they overdid it a bit. Besides, Mahomes has a good offensive team surrounding him.  What about Rivers? He deserves as much credit as Mahomes, and he's a veteran. So, I was glad to see the Chargers win at Arrowhead. 

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

Congratulations to the Chargers! They didn't have Melvin Gordon or Keenan Allen, but managed to win. I hope that Allen's injury isn't too serious; they will need him in the playoffs. 

Patrick Mahomes is a very good QB and will deserve the MVP, but I got tired of the analysts constantly praising him. A couple mentions are fine, but I think they overdid it a bit. Besides, Mahomes has a good offensive team surrounding him.  What about Rivers? He deserves as much credit as Mahomes, and he's a veteran. So, I was glad to see the Chargers win at Arrowhead. 

@teganslaw

I agree, hearing about the boy wonder gets a bit old.....

I like Rivers fight and determination, even after 2 interceptions he just shook it off and made the throws to win despite his team being short-handed!  I was glad to see the Chargers win

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

, theirRe: Week Fifteen of the 2018 NFL Regular Season!!!

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

The Colts need to pressure Dak into making mistakes. He's inconsistent, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. I expect Elliott to get plenty of yards, just keep him out of the endzone. I would think that Amari Cooper will be double covered. DC Eberflus worked for the Cowboys, so he should have certain plans for them.

The officiating in this game concerns me. The Cowboys seem to get away with penalties. Maybe it won't be as bad since they play in Indy, at least I hope not. 

I think the Chargers will beat the Chiefs. It will probably be a close game, but they are on a mission, and, when motivated, the Chargers can be a dangerous team. 

I like Baker Mayfield. He has talent and isn't afraid to say what's on his mind whether others like it or not. I expect that he has a bright future in the NFL. 

I'm a hometown Chief's fan...and we should have won against the Chargers last night...it went into overtime...it was devastating..! It was interesting listening to Andy Reid, their coach early this morning,..he was not a happy camper.  Woman Sad

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

Being a colts fan I am hoping they can win. They started off bad but only losing one of their last seven games is remarkable. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@teganslaw

I heard that Andrew's dad, Oliver, is the Commish and CEO of the XFL football league scheduled to start in 2020.....He's not going to try to recruit Andrew to come to his league when Andrew's contract is up with the Colts in 2021 is he?

Why would one of the best quarterbacks in the league go play in a much lesser league. That will never happen.

Respected Contributor

@gardenman

Thank you for an interesting update on what's going on.

Esteemed Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@teganslaw

I heard that Andrew's dad, Oliver, is the Commish and CEO of the XFL football league scheduled to start in 2020.....He's not going to try to recruit Andrew to come to his league when Andrew's contract is up with the Colts in 2021 is he?

Why would one of the best quarterbacks in the league go play in a much lesser league. That will never happen.

That wouldn't make much sense. Luck seems to like being in Indy, and he and Reich get along well. There might be some negotiations when his contract is up; have to see what happens with that. 

Mark Twain