Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week Fifteen of the 2018 NFL Regular Season!!!

Is Carolina eliminated from the playoffs now? I thought the game would be a higher scoring one. The defenses are showing up, the offenses, not so much. Wondering if this pattern will continue for the next few games. 

Some of the playoff teams will probably rest their starters in the final week. It is also the time for the other teams to play spoiler for the ones who hope for a playoff spot. Anything can happen. 

Wouldn't it be something if Foles leads the Eagles to the playoffs again? I feel bad for Wentz; he would most likely have to sit out another year during playoff time. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

That NFC playoff picture is looking less and less scary each week. The Rams and Saints had looked unbeatable. Not so much now. The Cowboys, not overly impressive. The Bears are still a big problem, especially with their defense. The Seahawks could be trouble. I'm just not sure there's a fully dominant team in the NFC right now, which means that any of the six teams in the playoffs could win it all. For a while it looked like the Rams might never lose a game all season, now they've lost three. The Saints haven't looked all that impressive lately. Had they played a team with a functional quarterback last night they'd have likely lost.

Playing the Saints in the Superdome is never fun or easy, but I don't think beating them will be impossible. The same is true for the Rams. They have no homefield advantage. Playing the Seahawks in Seattle could be a challenge. Playing the Bears in Chicago is always an issue in winter due to the field condition. I'm thinking pretty much any of the NFC teams could go on a roll and sweep the playoffs. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Rams and Saints fall earlier than expected.

@gardenman

I was thinking the same thing....All the NFC teams aren't as formidable as we once thought....Even the Bears, their defense is great but their young QB makes mistakes and tends to throw a lot of interceptions, and playing in Chicago the weather could be a factor.....On the AFCside the hot teams seem to be the Chargers and Colts....andthe Colts may not make it to the playoffs....It's beena fun and crazy year......

@yellowBeetle @gardenman

And yes the Eagles sure looked better with Foles at the helm....it even seemed to help pick up the play of the defense!!!!

Speaking of defense....another thing about the Rams...all those "star" FA players on defense they brought in sure haven't performed up to speed......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw

Ryan Clark spoke very highly of your Colts this morning.....

As for the Panthers.....The Panthers remain in the hunt, but they’re just barely hanging on after their close loss to the Saints.

NFC

1. Saints** (12-2), (9-2)
2. Rams** (11-3), (7-3)
3. Bears** (10-4), (8-2)
4. Cowboys (8-6), (7-3)
5. Seahawks (8-6), (7-4)
6. Vikings (7-6-1), (5-4-1)

In the hunt:

Eagles (7-7, 5-6)
Washington (7-7), (6-5)
Panthers (6-8), (4-6)

Eliminated:

Falcons
Lions
Packers
Giants
Buccaneers

Cardinals
49ers

AFC

1. Chiefs* (11-3), (conference record: 9-2)
2. Texans (10-4), (8-3)
3. Patriots (9-5), (6-4)
4. Steelers (8-5-1), (5-5-1)
5. Chargers* (11-3), (8-2)
6. Ravens (8-6, 6-4)

In the hunt:

Colts (8-6), (6-5)
Titans (8-6), (5-6)
Dolphins  (7-7), (6-4)
Browns (6-7-1), (4-5-1)

Eliminated:

Bengals
Broncos
Bills
Jaguars
Jets

Raiders

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@2blonde, long term Brown’s fan here. You are so right! Six wins, hopefully more! I’m so excited for this team now. It’s been a long time coming! So many disappointing seasons. Let’s get the win in Cleveland this weekend! Go Browns!

Dawg Pound!