Honored Contributor

Re: Week Eleven of the 2020 NFL Regular Season!!!

@gardenman wrote:

I don't disagree with those assessments. The Eagles have an ace though in that they've got kids behind the old guys ready to step in and contribute. A lot of those old, often injured guys will be cut loose this coming offseason. Alshon and DeSean are both likely gone. Jason Peters is likely gone. Jason Kelce could be gone. It'll be a different looking, younger team next year.

The wide receiver corp looks pretty promising with Reagor and Fulgham on the outside and Greg Ward in the slot. Hightower and Watkins behind them. Dallas Goedert as the starter at tight end. Zach Ertz will likely be traded. Miles Sanders is a good young RB. Boston Scott's a good backup. We've got young o-linemen all over the place. Four kid linebackers who are being worked in. A young DB or two in the draft. A young defensive tackle in the draft also. Things aren't horrible in Philly. We're ready to transition to a new younger version of the team.

@gardenman 

The guy nailed it with my WFT 100% concur with everything he said!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

It looks like Greg Olsen may be back in the Fox broadcast booth pretty soon. He's got a torn fascia in his foot now which likely puts him out for the rest of the season. He missed seven weeks with a previous fascia tear and he's not getting any younger. He's a good broadcaster and it's a lot healthier for him in the broadcast booth. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

wishing everyones team good luck......well, maybe not so much luck in my division. LOL

ravens NEED a win! i have no doubt that this will be a tough game and i do believe that no fans in the stands do not help us at all.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

It's game day! My games today are the Eagles/Browns, Cowboys/Vikings, and Chiefs/Raiders.

It's time for the Eagles to wake up and start playing good football. We tend to be in trouble every year at this point then wake up and start playing better. Last year after week ten and heading into week eleven we were 5-5 so this year at 3-5-1 we have the same number of losses as last year. We then went on to lose in week eleven and twelve to be 5-7 before rattling off a string of wins. This is a good week to shake off the doldrums and start paying good football.

The team is about as healthy as they've been all season. The kids are playing well. Just stop making the stupid penalties and build some momentum and things should be okay for the Eagles. It's supposed to be rainy in Cleveland today which doesn't typically bother Carson Wentz much. The key in today's game is controlling the Browns running game. Force Baker Mayfield to throw the ball and hope he makes a mistake or two.

The Cowboys/Vikings game will be interesting. The Cowboys have looked like a more respectable football team in recent weeks. Was that because of the level of competition or have they figured out some of their issues? We'll start to find out more today. The Vikings have been playing better lately.

The Chiefs and Raiders is a yardstick game for the Raiders. Gruden will have the Raiders ready to play and see how they measure up to the Chiefs. I don't think they're up to matching up just yet, but they're getting closer.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

It's now being reported that Drew Brees has eleven rib fractures. Eight on his left side and three on the right, so yeah, he's out for a long, long time. I don't know what kind of insanity the Saints had in holding off putting him on IR, but there's no way he's playing in two or three weeks and not likely for six to eight weeks. You don't get that badly broken and hop back onto the field until things have had a long time to heal. Six to eight weeks might be conservative if they've got a sane medical staff. Ten to twelve might be more reasonable.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

My area is broadcasting the Titans-Ravens game. I'll be watching that game, since the Colts are at 4:25.  Looking for the Ravens to get a win, and Lamar to run all over the Titans. The AFC South title is on the line. Then the Colts have to do their part and beat the Packers.

Davante Adams is playing, so they have to find a way to disrupt Rodgers' connection to him.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

GAME DAY!!! Woman Very Happy 🏈 🏈 🏈

Games in our area--

EARLY GAMES---

Patriots vs Texans---- Patriots looking to get back in the playoff hunt!...Texans looking forward to next year....

Eagles vs Browns--- Eagles need a win to stay on top of the NFC East and prevent the Giants from gaining ground..... Browns needs a win to keep their playoff dream alive...

LATE GAME---

Cowvboys vs Vikings---  Dallas gets Dalton back, but they still have that old, tired, inept defense that needs to stop Capt Kirk and the Vikes running game.....

SNF---

Chiefs vs Raiders--- Should be an interesting game.  Can the Raiders sweep the Chiefs?? Stay tuned! ---VIVA LAS VEGAS! 

MNF---

Rams vs Bucs----Can Brady and company keep up what they had last week....  The Rams need a win to keep pace in the tough NFC West!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

It's now being reported that Drew Brees has eleven rib fractures. Eight on his left side and three on the right, so yeah, he's out for a long, long time. I don't know what kind of insanity the Saints had in holding off putting him on IR, but there's no way he's playing in two or three weeks and not likely for six to eight weeks. You don't get that badly broken and hop back onto the field until things have had a long time to heal. Six to eight weeks might be conservative if they've got a sane medical staff. Ten to twelve might be more reasonable.

@gardenman 

I was a little kid at the time...watching NFL football with my dad and brother....and the Redskins Quarterback Billy Kilmer played with broken ribs and a broken nose!!!!---Brees is a wimp!!!  Of course I learned later as an adult all about Billy's Saturday night "escapades" which probably preserved his body him from feeling any pain the next day....😄😉 

Honored Contributor

A guy I'm looking forward to seeing on the field today is defensive end Joe Ostman. He's been a training camp wonder for I think three seasons now, but always got injured and never played in a regular-season game. He made it to the last cut in 2018, He tore his ACL in camp in 2019. Came back this year and just missed the cut for the full roster. Now he gets a real shot. Suffice to say he'll be up for the game. He's spent three years trying to get a shot and now he's got it. I suspect he's already in full uniform and pacing the locker room waiting for the game to start.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

I'm having this strange, yet familiar feeling in my gut.  I recall that is use to be a sign of an unexpected Cowboy win.  But nah....I probably just need a Tums.

Sorry to hear about Brees.  That's some serious pain he is in.

We're having our Thanksgiving dinner today.  Won't look up the Cowboys score

until my food has had time to digest.

Enjoy your games everyone.

Gardenman, happy belated Birthday.  Woman Happy