Honored Contributor

Re: Week Eleven of the 2020 NFL Regular Season!!!

Kudos to the Rams for taking the win last night. They're now in first place in the NFC West.

The Eagles are still in first place in the NFC East, but I don't expect that to last for long. Doug Pederson was asked about his starting left tackle yesterday and insisted Jason Peters is still the guy. I'm not sure what he's seeing that the rest of the fanbase isn't seeing, but Peters has been largely a turnstile out at left tackle this season. Defenders are running over, under, around, and through Peters. To say he's been largely ineffective is an understatement. He's always there to pick up Carson Wentz after he's been clobbered which is nice, but the reason he's always there is because it's his guy that just clobbered Wentz. 

Doug's loyalty to Peters is admirable, but he's going to get the QB killed if Peter's play doesn't improve a lot. 

The good news is we don't have to stress out about Sunday's game. That's because we play next Monday night. Against Seattle. God help us.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

WOW! Cowboys have canceled practice and McCarthy's usual press conference due to "a medical emergency" and no player media availability today...all anyone knows is that its NOT Co-Vid related....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

WOW! Cowboys have canceled practice and McCarthy's usual press conference due to "a medical emergency" and no player media availability today...all anyone knows is that its NOT Co-Vid related....

Yeah, they had the EMTs there early this morning for a medical emergency. Word is it's not JJ. No one's saying much though.

Back to the Jason Peters nonsense. Jordan Mailata played 273 snaps at left tackle against the Steelers, Ravens, Niners, and Giants. Pretty stout defenses. He gave up 3 sacks, 3 QB hits, and eight hurries. Not bad. Jason Peters in 47 snaps against the Browns gave up 3 sacks, 3 hits, and seven pressures. Yeah, so Jason Peters is still the starter for some reason. It sure as heck isn't due to his performance. He's been awful this year.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Josina Anderson tweeted she understands that a member of the strength and conditioning staff is the one who is ill. She's a legitimate source, so I don't have a problem believing that this could be the case.  No other details were provided. 

I wonder why Doug Pederson backs Jason Peters. Does Peters have something on him? I would think that Pederson would do what's best for the team, not play favorites.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

BREAKING NEWS FROM DALLAS - the Cowboy's practice was cancelled this morning due to a medical emergency.  The news said it is not Covid-related, but evidently it involved a coach who was taken by ambulance.  No report yet on the identity of the coach.  

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

Well Tegan it looks like Peyton Manning is going to the Football Hall Of Fame---he was one of the semi-finalists for 2021...but sure to be a shoe-in...JMHO!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

The Cowboy's strength and conditioning coach, Markus Paul, is the coach who was taken to the hospital this morning.  Not sure but think it may have been a heart attack.  

There wasn't much reported of his condition on the sport's news tonight other than it sounded serious as they were asking for prayers.

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

I have no idea why Doug Pederson is catering to Jason Peters like he is. Peters wasn't even going to be on the team until Brandon Brooks tore his Achilles. Then they brought Peters back to fill in at right guard. Then Andre Dillard got injured and lost for the year so they moved Peters back to left tackle, and he's been pretty bad.

They're doing everything possible to try and help him, but he's just spent. Last week they had slot receiver Greg Ward chip the defensive end to slow down an outside rush and then they had Isaac Seumalo, the left guard slide over to help take away an inside rush, and the defensive end just ran over Peters. If you know the guy can't beat you to the outside or inside, the only option he has left is the bull rush. Set yourself and prepare for it, but he didn't. He got shoved right back into Carson Wentz and blew up the play. 

Doug is being the loyal guy here to the player, but in doing so he's hurting the team as a whole. Peters' play doesn't justify keeping him on the field. Head coaches were former players tend to be overly loyal to old guys sometimes. In their heart of hearts, they just know they had another year or two of good play in them when they were forced out, so they want to give their older guys that chance they didn't have. To anyone watching the Eagles, Jason Peters is not an asset but a hindrance now. Doug is staying loyal to him though. It's something head coaches have to learn. There are times when you have to trust the film and move on from a guy.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Phooey!

The Steeler/Ravens game is postponed until Sunday. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@teganslaw 

Well Tegan it looks like Peyton Manning is going to the Football Hall Of Fame---he was one of the semi-finalists for 2021...but sure to be a shoe-in...JMHO!!! 

Congrats to Peyton! There was never any doubt. 

I saw that the Ravens-Steelers game has been moved to Sunday. I'm going to have to adjust my Thanksgiving fantasy line up accordingly. This has become common because of players testing positive. 

What will NBC replace the game with Thanksgiving night? 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain