Honored Contributor

Re: Week Eleven of the 2020 NFL Regular Season!!!

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

Halftime: Packers 28 Colts 14.  I have no comments right now, except that Troy Aikman is annoying me. 

Since sunshine45 requested: I predict the Steelers to win their 11th game Thursday. Woman LOL

@teganslaw 

Ya got another half to go...hang in there...GOOD LUCK!

While Aikman annoys you (and I find him annoying too)....Jonathan Vilma is aggravating me....He must've gone to the Charles Davis "school for broadcasting"....Mr. Obvious and won't shut up!  Gee, I really enjoyed the "old school" duo of Matt Millen and Stockton last week....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i just want to bang my head against a brick wall today..... LOL.

you all who do the picking......STOP picking the RAVENS for goodness sakes!!!!! then maybe we will win.......

i believe that currently we are pushed out of the wildcard slots.

thursday night football will be a MUST WIN for us.

@sunshine45 

Im so sorry I jinxed your Ravens....but I have to pick them just one more time....when the Ravens play the Cowboys I just HAVE TO pick your Ravens...so sorry! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw 

CONGRATS on your Colt's WIN!!!  See they came back! 

@yellowrose 

And I will wish you Congrats on your Cowboy win.....SMH!

Esteemed Contributor

The Colts running game got started in the second half. They held off Rodgers for most of the half, also. 

The Colts were leading in the 4th quarter, 31-28 and were driving towards the end zone for another score. That should have ended the game. However,  the O-line had 5 holding calls against them and were  backed up 3rd and 26! That gave the ball back to Rodgers with a minute and half left in the game. The Packers tied it and the game went into overtime. 

The Packers got the ball first in overtime, but fumbled and the Colts got it to score the winning field goal. 

Rivers was hurt in the 4th quarter, but stayed in. Something with his right ankle, but I don't know details. Anyway, good win that the Colts needed. They need to watch those penalties, though, as this can't continue if they expect to win the next few games. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

on a positive ravens note.......dez bryant looked pretty good today!

WOW......this chiefs/raiders game was fantastic! was hoping that the raiders were going to pull it out, but mahomes and team are just too darn good.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Dang! I hated to see Joe Burrow go down with the torn ACL. That'll set him back for next year. That first NFL offseason is a good time to work on a kid QB's mechanics, footwork, throwing angles, etc. and he won't have that option this offseason. The good news is he'll be back next year for the regular season assuming rehab goes as expected.

The Giants are doing some interesting stuff. They replaced their offensive line coach and word is that Joe Judge wants Jason Garrett gone. That's not good for their kid QB Daniel Jones. 

A new OC would bring in yet another new system to further scramble the kid's head. Judge looks like he's trying to consolidate his power and flush out those who could contest him. Things are likely to get pretty interesting up there as the season goes on. If it comes down to Judge or Garrett, which way will the upper management go?

The Eagles managed to once again pull defeat from the jaws of victory yesterday, but still managed to stay in first place. The biggest problem the Eagles have right now is between their ears. They've got to stop being afraid of losing and play to win. Just cut loose and let the ball fly. They're playing too tight. Everyone (coaches, QB, players) are too afraid of making the big mistake.  They've gotten tentative and unsure and that's when you make the big mistake. They just need to say "(insert F word one can't use on this forum here) it!" and let things rip. So a guy's covered. Throw him the ball anyway and let him go get it. Ram the ball down the opposing team's throat. They want to cheat up their safeties to try and stop the run? Run anyway and shove the ball past them regardless. Confidence is their big issue right now. It's not like things could go a lot worse for them than it is already, so just put the past behind you and cut loose and have fun playing ball again.

One thing I'd like the coaches to stop doing is that stupid move of running Jalen Reagor behind Wentz in motion at the snap. He's arguably the best receiver and they're starting him ten yards behind the line of scrimmage whenever they do that. (And they do it a lot!) By the time Wentz gets the ball and is looking for a receiver, Reagor is just reaching the line of scrimmage. Put the kid on the line and let him work his way down the field. That motion does nothing but take him out of Wentz's early options. Why take away your own best receiver? Instead of being ten yards down the field and in Wentz's vision, he's just at the line of scrimmage and starting down the field when Wentz is ready to throw. They're wasting their best receiver by using that motion and it does nothing. (My TV is getting very tired of me screaming at it every time they do that.)

Another potentially good game tonight with the Rams and the Bucs. The NFL draft order is getting pretty locked in with the Jets owning the first overall pick and the Jags hanging around second. The NFC East looks pretty locked in for three of the top ten spots (possibly spots 3, 4, and 5) with whoever "wins" the NFC East dropping all the way back to 19 or later. It might be better not to win the NFC East this year. The first two picks should be QBs (Lawrence and Fields) and that leaves a lot of good players for everyone else. Ja'Marr Chase the wide receiver from LSU Could be coveted by the Giants, WFT, and Eagles  Offensive lineman Penei Sewell could be a big option for all three teams also. A team later in the draft might cover Trey Lance the N Dakota State QB and want to trade up to get him also. It could be a pretty interesting draft.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I watched last night until halftime, was too tired to stay up for the whole game. Glad I have Game Pass so I can catch up on anything I missed.

Yesterday the rookies showed up for the Colts. Pittman had a good game; Jonathan Taylor, who was MIA for a couple games, finally showed up. Blackmon was the one who caused the fumble in overtime to set up the winning field goal. Although, not a rookie, Leonard was a beast. They allowed a lot of points, but made plays when needed.

As far as the 5 holding calls against the Colts in the 4th quarter,(9 in the game) the referees were overzealous IMO. There was some holding, but a few of the calls were suspicious. Green Bay had holding penalties that weren't called. At least the Colts came out with a win.

Congrats to the WFT! I hated to see Burrow's injury, though. He was having a good season.

McLaurin had another nice game in fantasy. He's staying in my lineup no matter the matchup. Even when Washington loses, McLaurin manages to get me double digit points. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

on a positive ravens note.......dez bryant looked pretty good today!

WOW......this chiefs/raiders game was fantastic! was hoping that the raiders were going to pull it out, but mahomes and team are just too darn good.

@sunshine45 

Yep that Chiefs/Raiders game was a good one!  I was also hoping the Raiders could have pulled it out....but they left too much time on the clock for Mahomes! 

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

I wondered what was up with all those holding penalties for the Colts...

McLaurin had an emotional press conference....he said when he was drafted they thought he'd only be a special teams player, but he knew in his heart he was better than that....and now he's a starter and a team captain....He was thankful for the chance the coaches gave him......  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman 

JMHO but I dont think the Giant's Coach Judge likes Garrett there looking over his shoulder waiting in the wings and possibly given an opportunity to replace him.....