Honored Contributor

Re: Week Eleven of the 2018 NFL Regular Season!!!

@Spurt wrote:

@yellowBeetle

And that was an eerie coincidence Alex's injury happened 33 years to the day--if that doesnt show my team is cursed.....Woman Frustrated

And Theisman was reportedly there watching when it happened. Yikes! Lots of eerie coinky-dinks going on there.

It changes the Redskins off season plans a bit too. They've got to seriously consider investing in a new QB. There's a decent chance Smith doesn't come back from this. Colt McCoy is even getting up there in years. Lots of discarded vets are rumored to be available, but do you hope Gruden can revive a Jameis Winston type guy, or invest in a fresh, unproven kid? What kind of a price would you have to pay for a Winston, Carr, or Mariota? The Redskin's GM won't be getting a lot of sleep for a while. They've got lots of tough decisions to make and if they get it right, they can contend for years to come. Get it wrong and they can become another Cleveland. I would think Derek Carr would be an attention getter for the Redskins. He hasn't performed well lately, but he has performed well in the past. If they could get him for a reasonable price and coach him up, he could be a good fit.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

Adam Schefter has reported that the Redskins plan on working out quarterbacks Monday. On the list are Mark Sanchez and E J Manuel. Some analysts are saying that the team should contact Colin Kaepernick (here he is again!); one even said that Redskins fans should demand that the team work out Kaepernick. SPURT, does that mean you? Woman LOL

Colt McCoy is a good backup, but they probably think another QB is needed. McCoy will most likely start against Dallas this Thursday. Even if they sign another QB , he wouldn't be ready so soon. 

@teganslaw

Colt McCoy is our starter......the QBs we are auditioning is for the backup position....and what a lineup....Woman Frustrated  TJ Yates, Mark Sanchez, and EJ Manuel.....I think Id go with WR Quinn that played QB in high school over these candidates.....Woman Frustrated  But your right its a Herculian task for even a backup to learn the Redskin's system in a couple of days..............

What was funny before the Redskins got Smith, some in the Redskin organization wanted to make Colt the starter...funny how it played out ....Some analysts were even saying next year Colt was going to be a candidate  for a starting job for a few teams......

As for Colin K...CANT STAND THE MAN!!! I think that idea came from those trying to make the Redskins more PC...and a way for Colin to drop his lawsuit against the NFL......Colin was a system QB and after Harbaugh left Colin showed his lack of skill that the old system camouflaged, then there's "the baggage" he and his girlfriend/advisor bring.....Id rather have Johnny Manziel over Colin!!!! Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

Adam Schefter has reported that the Redskins plan on working out quarterbacks Monday. On the list are Mark Sanchez and E J Manuel. Some analysts are saying that the team should contact Colin Kaepernick (here he is again!); one even said that Redskins fans should demand that the team work out Kaepernick. SPURT, does that mean you? Woman LOL

Colt McCoy is a good backup, but they probably think another QB is needed. McCoy will most likely start against Dallas this Thursday. Even if they sign another QB , he wouldn't be ready so soon. 

I think most coaches view Kaepernick as an injury just waiting to happen. He came into the league as a big, solidly built guy, then adopted a vegan lifestyle and is now a pretty thin, fragile-appearing guy. He's kind of the opposite of most NFL quarterbacks. They're more inclined to come in a bit thin and spindly and bulk up. Kaepernick came in big and bulky and has grown thin and spindly.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@yellowBeetle

And that was an eerie coincidence Alex's injury happened 33 years to the day--if that doesnt show my team is cursed.....Woman Frustrated

And Theisman was reportedly there watching when it happened. Yikes! Lots of eerie coinky-dinks going on there.

It changes the Redskins off season plans a bit too. They've got to seriously consider investing in a new QB. There's a decent chance Smith doesn't come back from this. Colt McCoy is even getting up there in years. Lots of discarded vets are rumored to be available, but do you hope Gruden can revive a Jameis Winston type guy, or invest in a fresh, unproven kid? What kind of a price would you have to pay for a Winston, Carr, or Mariota? The Redskin's GM won't be getting a lot of sleep for a while. They've got lots of tough decisions to make and if they get it right, they can contend for years to come. Get it wrong and they can become another Cleveland. I would think Derek Carr would be an attention getter for the Redskins. He hasn't performed well lately, but he has performed well in the past. If they could get him for a reasonable price and coach him up, he could be a good fit.

@gardenman

Yep, Redskins are back at square one, after thinking they had their man for at least 2 yrs...didnt work out....so here we go again....Woman Frustrated

PLEASE NO WINSTON!!!!...But shoot I'd take Carr in a minute......Woman Very Happy

Teddy Bridgewater might be another possibility, unless the Saints are keeping him on board for when Brees retires....Brees will be 40 in January....if the Saints should win the SB ya never know.....

Here's a far fetched scenario for next season JUST FOR FUN---Foles to the Redskins---the Eagles would get a ton of draft picks for next few years.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

Losing Defilippo and Reich both was a problem. I blame the Patriots. The Colts thought they had their head coach in McDaniels, then the Pats talked McDaniels into staying there and the Colts stole Frank Reich from us. The Eagles are a bit decimated on defense, but the offense is relatively healthy and should be carrying the team. They're not carrying the team however. The creativity you saw last year is missing this year.

I like the idea of blaming the Patriots! It's Belichick's fault for keeping McDaniels, although they did the Colts favor in the long run. I'm excited about the Colts; even if Houston wins the division (I expect they will), and the Colts miss the playoffs, it won't bother me. Luck is great, the defense is doing well and Reich has the team going in the right direction. I've waited a long time for the Colts to have a legitimate O-line where Luck is protected. 

@teganslaw @gardenman

I want a piece of that action too---but a little bit O/T---you see our NBA Spur's GM went to Foxoboro when Coach Pop took over. RC talked to the Patriot's about how they ran their organization and the "Patriot Way" team concept....So Im blaming THE PATRIOTS for my Spurs losing Kawhi Leonard.... Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Spurt

Yeah, I think Carr would be a good option. Nick Foles should be available too. He'd cost the Eagles $20,600,000 to bring him back next year. I don't see the Eagles paying that much to a backup. What about Nate Sudfeld? I think he's a free agent this winter. He might be their best option if the Eagles don't resign him. He's young, knows both the Eagles and Redskins, has good size and a strong arm. Teddy Bridgewater's injury history would still scare me from spending much to get him. The Saints gave up a third round pick to get him and they'll want more back.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

And the Redskins sign......

MARK SANCHEZ----the butt fumbler----

His strongest connection to the Redskins is he previously played for offensive coordinator Matt Cavanaugh, with the Jets.

Sanchez played for the Eagles, Cowboys, and now the Redskins---coaches in the NFC East like him for some reason......

Oh on Colt---this is what John Keim had to say--

McCoy likes playing here because he's long felt that the system suits his strengths. Gruden, and the organization, has long liked him.

“I have confidence in Colt, always have,” Redskins coach Jay Gruden said. “I'm a big, firm believer in Colt McCoy's ability to play.

“Colt is the strongest competitor I think I’ve ever seen,” said center ChaseRoullier. "He’s ready to go on every snap. He prepares like a starter every day. You know the amount of effort he shows every single day even when he’s out there leading the scout team. It’s like a Super Bowl every day for him, and he competes every day.” That’s why he’s respected in the locker room.

“He gets the ball out of his hands immediately,” Reed said. “He knows where he’s going pre-snap based on reading the coverage. He’s got all that arm talent in the world, and now it’s his turn.

“He has a cannon. In practice, some of the throws he makes are unbelievable. And he has the touch. He can make all the throws. In practice this year he’s been making unbelievable throws every day.” Others might dispute Reed’s description of McCoy having a cannon, but he does throw with anticipation, and that allows the ball to arrive before the defensive back often is ready.

Honored Contributor

Mark Sanchez is going to be ninety years old and still getting signed as an emergency backup QB. He's one of those guys with enough promise that teams take a shot at him, then he starts playing and you realize why he's always available. He's one of those 95% quarterbacks. Ninety-five percent of the time he's a good quarterback, then out of the blue he'll do something incredibly stupid and cost you the game.

I'm guessing everyone's given up on Sam Bradford now. I didn't hear his name mentioned at all. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The scoreboard operators at the LA Coliseum are going to demand extra pay for all the work they had to do in the Rams/Chiefs game. A 54-51game barely gave them time to catch their breath before another score needed to be put up. Kudos to the Rams for the win. That could have been a Super Bowl preview.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I couldn't believe al the penalties KC had in the first quarter. That's unusual for them. The defensive coordinators for both teams were probably going crazy. They couldn't figure out how to stop the QBs. 

I'm thrilled with my  fantasy lineup for this game. Got second place in a 20 team league. No money involved, just a lot of points. High scoring games are fun to watch. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain