Honored Contributor

Re: Week Eleven of the 2018 NFL Regular Season!!!

thank you to everyone who picked the bengals! it usually gives us good karma. lol

yes, flacco was out with his hip injury and he may be out next week also according to rumors......yes, we put our rookie qb to the test and he did a pretty decent job on his first full game. lamar jackson is certainly a wiggler and a runner! he had some nice moves. definitely needs to work on his passing game. so glad we were able to hold onto the lead for the win today.

ravens definitely needed that win today because it kept us in contention. was hoping for a steelers loss, but that didnt happen. Smiley Sad

cannot believe next week is week 11!!!!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Some analysts said that losing Frank Reich is a factor in the Eagles' offensive struggles. Seeing how well the Colts are doing now, maybe they're correct. However, there has to be more than that, although I don't know exactly what it is. Injuries play a part, plus other things. Gardenman or Yellowbeetle, how much do you think Frank Reich's absence has hurt the Eagles? Or don't you consider it part of the problem? 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

SPURT, sorry to hear about Alex Smith's injury. It sounds like he'll be out for rest of the season. Washington came so close; they showed bonus coverage of the Texans-Redskins game after the Colts. . Hopkins was about 5 yards short, but a 63 yard field goal would have been difficult for anyone. 

The Colts were rocking today, both on offense and defense: 38-10.  Leonard had his first interception this year, and had several tackles. Mariota was sacked five times. I don't know how serious his elbow injury is, but he missed a good part of the game. Another game where Luck wasn't sacked at all!

TB has a QB problem. Winston and Fitzpatricek have both been benched in games. There's no one they can rely on. 

@teganslaw

CONGRATS!!!-Solid WIN by the Colts!!!!  Luck is doing well.....and now your defense is clicking!

As for my Redskin, Going in, I wasnt confident the Redskins would win, but we almost did.....it was an interesting game---- When Alex was in I noticed the game plan was better, but 2 costly turnovers---one was on Alex, the other on TE Reed.............And then that stupid penalty by Norman......Woman Frustrated

Most Redskin fans, me included, feel bad for Alex Smith and wish him well, and at his age more than likely the end of his career (that was a Theismann type injury, and they said Joe actually turned away seeing it happen to Alex) ....

But Colt came out firing and that was scary seeing him take off running because the Redskins only had 2QBs on our roster, and the only person on the squad with QB experience was rookie WR Trey Quinn who played QB in HIGH SCHOOL!!---!!!!!!  I liked how Colt threw the ball down field---imagine that and he got a TD so quickly!!!  But then JJ Watt and Clowney made some adjustments and with our makeshift O line the Texans did get a couple of sacks on Colt!!!  

Well at least the game was close...but yes, that 63 yd FG was crazy...but the team didnt have any time outs and little time left on the clock......  Some fans felt that there should have been a pass interference call near the end of the game on that last pass play.....

So we go with Colt and see what he can do...but now we need to find a backup QB...it scares me putting that decision in the hands of Bruce Allen......

With the Redskins and Eagles losing that puts the Cowboys back in the race Woman Tongue Woman Frustrated Woman Mad Oh those Boyz fans are probably dreaming about SB reservations, and Jerry Jones is strutting like a peacock! Woman Frustrated ..................

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

CONGRATS to the teams and the fans of the teams that won today!!!  

(and I still love you JJ Watt)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45

CONGRATS on your Ravens  WIN!!!  (and I DID pick the Bengals--Woman LOL )

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This has been a fun season for the NFL, know wonder ratings are up......some surprises this week

Panthers in battle for or a wild card spot lose, Giants win, Bengals/Ravens battle and Ravens and rookie QB win, dismal Broncos beat a good Charger team, and Cowboys win Woman Sad....Seahawks deliver a blow to the Packers .....

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@sunshine45

CONGRATS on your Ravens  WIN!!!  (and I DID pick the Bengals--Woman LOL )

i noticed that girl! so did everyone except for @yellowBeetle! Smiley Wink

sorry about the redskins......and so  very sorry about alex smith! no one likes seeing ANY of the players get hurt!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Well first, @Spurt, how very, very sad for Alex Smith. They kept calling it a gruesome injury. And a really weird coincidence ... it was 33 years ago to the day that QB Joe Theismann suffered his catastrophic gruesome leg injury. I am old enough to remember that well. Best, best wishes to Smith. (Btw, Theismann was at the game today.)

As to the Eagles, @teganslaw I agree with those who are mentioning losing OC Frank Reich as a big factor. Also losing QB coach Defillippo to the Vikings has hurt too. Wentz had a dreadful day ... three interceptions and a pitiful passer rating. The running game has not been the same this year without Blount ... and then losing Ajayi. Their fabulous running game was key last year. And the defense has certainly had issues.

They are not the Eagles we saw in 2017-18. I guess they could still cobble together a way to win the division ... but I think it is more likely they will wind up in last place, even being eclipsed by the Giants. 

The Eagles lost today by more points than any previous defending Super Bowl champion ... 41 points!! 48 to 7. It was cringeworthy. But congrats to the Saints who were truly phenomenal! 

And @teganslaw you must be thrilled with Andrew Luck and your Colts!!! Well done!!

Also congrats to @redwingsgal for your Lions' win!!!

And @sunshine45, so good the Ravens won!

Now it's time for Minnesota and Chicago ... should be a good one!

Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal 

CONGRATS TO YOUR LIONS!!!---they did ROAR!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

This has been a fun season for the NFL, know wonder ratings are up......some surprises this week

Panthers fighting or a in the wild card spot loose, Giants win, Bengals/Ravens battle and Ravens and rookie QB win, dismal Broncos beat a good Charger team, and Cowboys win Woman Sad....Seahawks deliver a blow to the Packers .....

@Spurt

the saints.....one of my teams......had a blowout today and they were smiling all the way. it really looked like the eagles just gave up and were never really in the game.

sorry to say that my other teams.....the redskins and the chargers both had losses.

week of 10/22......nfl ratings were pretty darn good, especially considering that the mlb playoffs were the same week.....

in the top 25:

saints/vikings snf #2  14.1 million

dolphins/ texans tnf #8 12.1 million

giants/falcons #11 10.3 million