Honored Contributor

Re: Week Eleven of the 2018 NFL Regular Season!!!

@AuntG wrote:

Wonder if the Chiefs / Rams game will live up to its hype.

Probably not, but we'll see. It should be better than the Oakland/Arizona game however.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Reggie Wayne will be inducted into the Colts Ring of Honor Nov. 18 at halftime. Now the Colts have to win; they wouldn't want to spoil Reggie's special day by losing. 

The NFL has listed each team's nominee for the Art Rooney Sporstmanship Award. Andrew Luck was nominated by the Colts. Here are some nominees:

Eagles: Carson Wentz

Redskins: Vernon Davis

Ravens: S Eric Weddle

Cowboys: Dak Prescott

Have to mention that former Colt Frank Gore was listed by the Dolphins. The winner will be named at the NFL Honors in February. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

RedwingsGal:

Detroit nominated LS Don Muhlbach (Not familiar with him)

Pittsburgh: G David Decastro

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

Reggie Wayne will be inducted into the Colts Ring of Honor Nov. 18 at halftime. Now the Colts have to win; they wouldn't want to spoil Reggie's special day by losing. 

The NFL has listed each team's nominee for the Art Rooney Sporstmanship Award. Andrew Luck was nominated by the Colts. Here are some nominees:

Eagles: Carson Wentz

Redskins: Vernon Davis

Ravens: S Eric Weddle

Cowboys: Dak Prescott

Have to mention that former Colt Frank Gore was listed by the Dolphins. The winner will be named at the NFL Honors in February. 

@teganslaw

Nice to hear Reggie Wayne is going to be inducted into the Colts Ring Of Honor--WELL DESERVED---his demeanor on the field reminded meme of the Redskins Art Monk...

Vernon Davis is a good guy.......................

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

A bad day for quarterbacks so far today. Alex Smith is gone for the year, Mariota hurt his elbow, Cam Newton was out for a bit. Fitzpatrick got benched for Jameis Winston again. Yikes!
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

OMG!

Steelers WON

Honored Contributor

The Giants have likely won their way out of the top five in the draft, and with another win or two could fall out of the top ten. Their ability to get their quarterback of the future is getting more and more expensive. Using that second overall pick on Saquon Barkley may come back to haunt them. Trading up to get a QB gets expensive and they can't really spare a lot of picks.

With Dallas winning and Washington losing, the NFC East just got a lot more compressed. If the Eagles win today (a longshot, but you never know) things will be very crowded in the NFC East.

The Falcons got helped by the Panther's losing. The Rams and Saints are solidly ahead, but after that it's a mess. I think an 8-8 team may sneak into the playoffs in the NFC.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

SPURT, sorry to hear about Alex Smith's injury. It sounds like he'll be out for rest of the season. Washington came so close; they showed bonus coverage of the Texans-Redskins game after the Colts. . Hopkins was about 5 yards short, but a 63 yard field goal would have been difficult for anyone. 

The Colts were rocking today, both on offense and defense: 38-10.  Leonard had his first interception this year, and had several tackles. Mariota was sacked five times. I don't know how serious his elbow injury is, but he missed a good part of the game. Another game where Luck wasn't sacked at all!

TB has a QB problem. Winston and Fitzpatricek have both been benched in games. There's no one they can rely on. 

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

It's confirmed that Alex Smith is done for the year with a broken tibia and fibula. (They're the two bones in the lower leg.) I'm guessing there were circulatory issues since they operated immediately. Either an artery was damaged, compartment syndrome, or a lack of circulation would be indicated by immediate surgery. Professional athletes tend to be very picky on who operates on them and most top notch ortho surgeons aren't just hanging around hospitals on Sunday afternoons. For them to do immediate surgery indicates things were going badly, and they were going badly quickly. The team ortho surgeon may have gone with him, but even then getting him in surgery that quickly is unusual.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The game isn't over yet, but this is one of the ugliest Eagles games ever, and we've played some ugly games. With how Drew Brees has been playing you came in knowing you pretty much had to score each possession. Instead we've scored once and barely slowed down the Saints. This offense should be better than that. I would expect some fairly major off season changes for the Eagles. A new offensive and defensive coordinator seem likely. Neither Groh (our OC) nor Schwartz (our DC) have given us any reason to believe in them this season. There's a lot of talent on this offense, too much to only score seven points, and it's got to be used better.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!