Honored Contributor

Week Eleven of the 2018 NFL Regular Season!!!

Week eleven? Where does the time go? 

We start out this week with the Packers at Seattle. Here we are in week eleven and both teams have just four wins. That's not what you'd traditionally expect from these two teams. Seattle's lost their last two while Green Bay is coming off a win. Playing in Seattle though is always tough. I guess I'll take Seattle, but you can never count Aaron Rodgers out.

Dallas goes to Atlanta to take on the Falcons in a must-win game for both teams.I'm assuming Atlanta will try to take away Ezekiel Elliott (unlike the Eagles last week) and force Dak Prescott to beat them. Dak can't beat them. I'll take Atlanta.

Cincinnati goes to Baltimore in another important game for both teams. (There are a whole lot of four and five win teams that really need wins to stay alive in the playoff picture.) The Bengals are coming off a loss, the Ravens are coming off three losses. I'll take the Bengals. (Rumor has it a lot of veteran quarterbacks may be available this off season with Joe Flacco being one of them.)

Carolina goes to Detroit. The Panthers and Cam Newton are always a gamble. They can be great or they can be so-so. I'm guessing they'll be great against the Lions. I'll take Carolina. I think Matt Patricia has decided to rebuild the Lions.

Tennessee goes to Indy in another big game between four and five win teams. Both teams have some momentum and are playing well. This is largely a toss-up game for me. I guess I'll pick Indy at home.

The Bucs play the Giants in a fight for draft position. The Giants won their way out of the first overall pick last week. A win this week could knock them out of the top five, therefore I'm hoping the Giants win and I'm picking them to win.Go Giants! The farther down they draft, the more it'll cost them to move up to get a top quarterback.

Houston goes to Washington. Watt and Clowney against the Redskins patched together o-line is not a good matchup for Washington. I'm taking Houston on the road. Challenge that Redskins o-line with stunts and blitzes (something the Bucs didn't do much of) and test their communication and ability to pass off rushers.

Pittsburgh takes on Jacksonville. Blake Bortles is one of those veteran QB's mentioned earlier that's likely on the trade block this offseason. The Jags defense has sagged a bit this year also. I'll take Pittsburgh. Le'Veon Bell's saga has now ended as he didn't report this week. That means he forfeited $14+ million and can't play this year. Not a smart move in my opinion. Making up $14+ million won't be easy in a future contract.

Oakland takes on Arizona in a game few care about. It could affect draft seeding however. Oakland seems determined to lose out, but Arizona will give them a challenge and might just play badly enough to let the Raiders win. Nah, I'll take the Cards to somehow get the win. (Derek Carr is another of those veteran QB's who may be available in the offseason.)

The Broncos take on the Chargers. The Broncos have now figured out they made the wrong choice at QB and Case Keenum is yet another guy who's likely available this offseason as the Broncos resume their search for someone to be QB. I expect the Chargers to win this one fairly easily.

The Eagles go to New Orleans. I'm not wildly optimistic about this game. Drew Brees is playing at an MVP level with a very talented surrounding cast. The Eagles are not playing well and have a badly beaten up secondary. This is a game Carson Wentz will have to win, pretty much on his own. The Eagles will have to score a touchdown on every possession in order to win this game and that's a tall order. I just don't see this Eagles defense stopping Drew Brees more than once or twice in the game. I'll take the Saints for the win, but I'll be pulling for the Eagles. (Who knows? The Saints may come in way over confident.) It should be a bombs away game for Carson Wentz. Go for ten or more yards on every play and hope your receivers can make the plays.

Minnesota goes to Chicago in what should be a very good game. Both teams are playing well. Another toss-up game for me. I'll give an edge to the Bears though. Trubisky looks like the real thing. Kirk Cousins has better weapons, but that Vikings defense has slipped a bit this year.

And finally we have our Mexico City game, between the Rams and Chiefs. Oops! No, we don't. It turns out the field in Mexico City is unplayable and the game is moved to LA. Now, in a normal circumstance this would be unfair to the Chiefs due to home field advantage, but the reality is there will likely be more Chiefs fans in attendance than Rams fans, even in LA. This should be a very good game. Two very high scoring offenses going toe to toe with two defenses hanging on for dear life. This may very well be one of those games where the last team with the ball wins. I'll take the Chiefs in this one. Mahomes has some magic in him. Goff is good, but Mahomes is one of those special guys.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week Eleven of the 2018 NFL Regular Season!!!

I'm not surprised about LeVeon Bell. He hasn't done himself any favors,though, by holding out. I guess he doesn't care that he lost millions of dollars. That part would have gotten  my attention. 

Maybe Tennessee will be high off their win against NE and make mistakes. I'm hoping, but since it's a division game, both teams will probably come out to play. Overall, Indy has the advantage against Tennessee. Unlike last year, where the Titans won both games. But before then, Indy won every time they faced each other. The Colts' O-line has done a good job protecting Luck. Continue that, have Luck make plays, and pressure Mariota. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

Agree, @gardenman, the season is FLYING by!!  

Seahawks over Packers-I am still hoping the Pack does not make the playoffs

Falcons over Cowboys-Ryan is better than Prescott

Bengals over Ravens-Should be a great game

Lions over Panthers-We have beaten the good teams and lost to the bad

Titans over Colts-Mariota is hot right now

Giants over Bucs-Eli does not care about a draft pick-he will be gone

Redskins over Texans-This will be a good game, I am pulling for ya, @Spurt

Jaguars over Steelers-Not a fan of Ben, I cannot pull for him

Cards over Raiders-ZZzzzzzzzz

Chargers over Broncos-Rivers just may be Superbowl bound

Saints over Eagles-Agree, @gardenman, Brees is MVP IMO.  

Bears over Vikings-Home field.  Close close game

Rams over Chiefs-Mexico City really messed up.  Think of all the $ this game would have brought to their economy.  

Good Luck to everyone's teams!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

joe flacco has a hip injury......rumor has it that lamar jackson will be starting sundays game for the ravens.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The NFL season goes by much too fast ...........

Packers vs Seahawks--Interesting game, Seahawks are fiesty and lost a close one to the Rams....Packers coming off a win against the Dolphins....Im going with Aaron Rodgers and the Packers for the WIN in a close one!

Cowboys vs Falcons--Falcons wont make the same mistake the Eagles did on defense..so if Zeke isnt a factor lets see...Dak vs Matty "Ice"....Ill take Matty and the Falcons for the "W"....!

Bengals vs Ravens--The Bengals were embarrased by the Saints, the Ravens are struggling offensively.....I say the Bengals bounce back into the win column!

Panthers vs Lions--Panthers were embarrassed by the Steelers, I say they get back on track with a Win! The Lions need more weapons for Stafford! Sorry  @redwingsgal

Titans vs Colts--Both teams have been playing good.  Titans may be coming off an emotional win over the Pats, Colts were in a dog fight with their win.....Im taking The Colts at home!

Bucs vs Giants--The Bucs are a strange team 507 yds and only 3 pts....they make critical mistakes and hurt themselves.  Eli finally got a win!!!!  ..Ill take the Bucs and hope they can live up to their stats this week! I know it would put the Giants in a good position in the draft, but Bucs actually have more talent!

Texans vs Redskins---this is definitely NOT the game for a team to be decimated along the O-line---YIKES--JJ Watt and Clowney should be drooling, and it will be a tough assignment for Redskins D to stop Watson and Hopkins, with Watsons mobility...And then lets talk about the best 5yd passer in theNFL--can Alex keep up with Watson especially with Texans D bearing down? Yes folks going against my own team and picking the Texans.

Woman Sad 

But hopefully the Redskins can take it out on the Cowboys the following week Smiley Wink 

Steelers vs Jags---Jags went from contender to pretender and Steelers did just the opposite---Steelers!!! 

Raiders vs Cardinals--- Raiders seem to be waiting until they get to Vegas to win.....Cardinals!

Broncos vs Chargers---Philip Rivers thinks hes been playing his best in his career.  I suspect the Broncos will have a new coach next season---Chargers

Eagles vs Saints---The Eagles desperately need a win to stay in the hunt in NFC East, and good timing because the Redskins play a tough Texan team. BUT the Saints are the best team in the NFL right now, and playing in New Orleans....gotta go Saints (Eagles D cant stop Brees)....

Vikings vs Bears--Bears have Mack back on D, Trubisky is playing well, but Capt Kirk has better weapons on offense....Vikings!

Rams vs Chiefs---an announcement was made this morning that the game was moved from Mexico City to LA.....This should be an excellent game! Its a toss up but Ill take the Rams! Ill give the Rams a slight edge on defense

Good Luck Everyone!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Well last week the Eagles were the only NFC East team that lost. Sadly I think the same will happen this week. I just do not see them being able to win over Brees. Hope I am wrong though! But I do see the Redskins, Giants, and Cowboys winning their games ... all will be tough and most likely close ... but just have a feeling they will all prevail!! The Texans, Bucs, and Falcons have had good and bad games ... my hunch is that they will all fall to the three NFC East teams.

So here goes ....

Thursday 8:20

PACKERS over Seahawks 

Sunday

1 pm

COLTS over Titans ... in an upset!

NY GIANTS over Bucs

JAGUARS over Steelers ... an upset ... I hope!!

LIONS over Panthers .... an upset! Panthers will be over-confident.

COWBOYS over Falcons

RAVENS over Bengals ... even without Flacco I think Baltimore will pull it out!

REDSKINS over Texans

4:05 pm

OAKLAND over Cardinals ... but could easily go the other way!

LA CHARGERS over Broncos

4:25 pm

SAINTS over Eagles ... but I so hope I am wrong!! Maybe being underdogs will spur the Eagles on to a huge upset ... but fear it will not happen!!!

8:20 pm

VIKINGS over Bears ... but it could easily flip!

Monday 8:15

CHIEFS over Rams ... another one that could easily go the other way. This is a very probable Super Bowl preview, imo!!!

The byes this week are the entire AFC East ... Patriots, Bills, Jets, and Dolphins ... plus Browns and 49ers

Good luck to all!!!

Esteemed Contributor

SPURT, I hope Washington wins. Houston can't get too far ahead in the division. 

Buffalo released Nathan Peterman. I wonder if there will be any takers or if he'll retire from the NFL. 

The Colts' TE's have been productive, so Tennessee will most likely cover them. That could leave other players open for Andrew Luck to take advantage. I don't know what to expect from Mariota. He could be brilliant, or have a bad game. 

The problem is that Drew Brees is so likeable IMO. It would be easier to go against him if he were arrogant. He could easiily let all the records go to his head, but he remains down-to-earth. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Nathan Peterman will likely find a new team. He's only 24. He had really good Senior Bowl practices back in 2017 and impressed quite a few coaches and GM's. His biggest issue is the interceptions, and coaches like to think they can coach that out of a kid. He's got a big arm but is a tad shortish by today's standards at 6'-2". He had a reputation for accuracy, but his NFL stats (3 TD's to 12 Interceptions) are ugly. Some team will sign him, likely this offseason barring injury, and try to fix the interception issue. They'll think he's not a bad quarterback, just playing poorly and that can be fixed. Sometimes they're right, more often than not they're wrong. He'll get a shot though. Buffalo doesn't really have a reputation for developing good young quarterbacks. It's more of a place where quarterbacks go to die, so other coaches and GM's will be more likely to give the kid a chance than if he'd flunked out of an Andy Reid or Mike McCarthy program.

Drew Brees is a really good QB. I'm not optimistic about the Eagles' chances this week. If we somehow manage to get the win, it'll be huge. It won't be a low scoring game however. The Eagles have to come out firing and going for ten yards or more on every play. If you hit one out of every three plays for ten yards, the opponent can't stop you. Too often teams call plays for four yards on first down to make a more manageable second and third down, but then fail to convert on second or third down. The Eagles have a gunslinger in Wentz and pretty good weapons for him. Go for a ten yard play on every down and they'll have a shot at the Saints. With Alshon Jeffery, Golden Tate, Zach Ertz, Nelson Agholor, Dallas Goedert, and a back coming out of the backfield, asking for at least ten yards a play isn't out of the question. You can miss on two out of every three such play calls and still be unstoppable. Just avoid the sacks and stupid penalties and such a gameplan can be very, very effective.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Can't wait to see which Watt brother gets the most sacks this week.  Hope the Chargers embarrass the Broncos.  Go STEELERS, TEXANS, and CHARGERS!!!

Honored Contributor

Wonder if the Chiefs / Rams game will live up to its hype.