Honored Contributor

Re: Week Eighteen of the 2023 NFL Regular Season!!!

@Spurt 

You never know what will happen in the playoffs. The Eagles have the talent, but the team just hasn't been "right" all year. The chemistry has been off. The good news is our backups looked good. The starters gave up most of the points, but the kids and reserves more than held their own.

If Baker Mayfield isn't having one of his good days, the Bucs are very beatable. The Eagles are favored oddly enough. After the Bucs, the picture gets a lot murkier. There's no one we couldn't beat if we played to our potential, it's that playing to our potential part that's been the problem. We wouldn't have lost four out of five if we'd played even close to our potential. For whatever reason, this team has just rolled over and played dead lately.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw 

Same here, I don't have Peacock and don't plan to get it...the only extra streaming I have is Amazon Prime and thats primarily due to wanting online merchandise delivered quickly and to my front door and not the Condo Mail Center. Now I do have the Ultra Sports package on cable to get Bally Sports (the only way to watch my Spur's lose), as well as the NFL NETWORK, RED ZONE, and THE NBA NETWORK.....along with other sports programming I don't watch---golf, outdoors, etc etc...

Baker Mayfield was really hurting with a serious rib injury and added an ankle injury during the game which impacted his play as well as the offense--he was barely able to move out there, and it turned into a defensive battle. I guess they didn't trust backup QB, Blaine Gabbert  in this critical game.....The Bucs will need a healthier Baker to have a chance against the Eagles.

On that Netflix QB series (canceled Netflix after the series was over, signed up just for the series)....anyway, the Falcon's Arthur Smith came across like a real jerk, no wonder Mariota abruptly left and signed with the Eagles.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@soonersis wrote:
I’m looking forward to the Philly/Tampa game as it’s another matchup between former OU quarterbacks. Sorry @gardenman, but I have to pull for Tampa. Jalen had his last year, and I’d like to see Baker get his this year.

@soonersis 

I like Baker Mayfield....I like his fire and he's from Austin...and still lives there in the off-season....the Browns almost ruined his career glad he was able to make a come back thanks to the Rams where he showed what he could do with good coaching which led to his shot with the Bucs....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Ron Rivera is now officially gone. 

@gardenman 

And for Washington fans----THERE WAS MUCH REJOICING!  Fans liked Ron as a person and admired him battling cancer and still trying to coach and dealing with Daniel Snyder and his escapades....but as a coach---not impressed

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman @teganslaw 

Washington has requested interviews with Lions OC Ben Johnson and DC Aaron Glenn....Ravens associate head coach/defensive line coach Anthony Weaver, Rams DC Raheem Morris. 

NFL teams are not permitted to hold in-person interviews with coaches currently employed by other teams until after the divisional round of the playoffs. They may hold virtual interviews with such candidates, but they must wait until after a team in the Wild Card round of the playoffs has played their game for an initial meeting with candidates from those teams. The Lions host the Rams on Sunday and no virtual meeting can take place with either Glenn or Johnson could happen until next Tuesday.

Washington is also looking for Staff/Front Office positions and have requested interviews with Chiefs assistant G.M. Mike Borgonzi and 49ers assistant G.M. Adam Peters. Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports Eagles assistant G.M. Alec Halaby is also on the list.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here’s how the first 18 2024 Draft picks shake out:

1. Chicago Bears (from Carolina Panthers).

2. Washington

3. New England Patriots.

4. Arizona Cardinals.

5. Los Angeles Chargers.

6. New York Giants.

7. Tennessee Titans.

8. Atlanta Falcons.

9. Chicago Bears.

10. New York Jets.

11. Minnesota Vikings.

12. Denver Broncos.

13. Las Vegas Raiders.

14. New Orleans Saints.

15. Indianapolis Colts.

16. Seattle Seahawks.

17. Jacksonville Jaguars.

18. Cincinnati Bengals.

Honored Contributor

One thing that doesn't make sense is how the National Media keeps pushing Bill Belichick on Washington, even though at Bill's age he will probably have a short tenure of only a couple yrs as a coach......Most rebuilds require a time span of 3 or even 4 yrs which is probably way past what will be Bill's retirement date.....And Bill wasn't very good at selecting nor developing young draft talent!!!! Reporter, John Keim, warned fans that they will be hearing all kinds of rumors and speculation that isn't true at all......Just like the Lamar Jackson rumors that prevailed when Washington didn't even have the means nor interest to make it happen....SMH!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

The Panthers have fired their GM. Odd timing to fire a GM. That's typically done after the draft. I guess they want a new guy to hire the next head coach. Having to hire a GM first then interview and hire a head coach complicates the head coach replacement process. Guys you might want to hire as head coach will likely be hired by someone else before you get your new GM in place.

@gardenman 

Some owner's pick the new GM first, and allow the GM to pick a coach that they both can work well with and be on the same page with....Or maybe the current GM's past draft or drafts didn't pan out so they want both a new GM and coach/coaches prior to the upcoming draft!

Esteemed Contributor

Ron Rivera put out a gracious statement, thanking the organization for their support. He says that Washington is in good hands with Josh Harris and he still backs the team. He hasn't mentioned what his future plans are. 

Tony Romo accidentally called Washington the Redskins during the Bears-Packers game when he talked about Montez Sweat. 

Comments about this hilarious: not what Romo said but why this is even news. People are mocking this saying how offended they are, Romo should be disciplined for being so insensitive, etc. The remarks are making fun of the media for even mentioning something so trivial. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Giants DC Wink Martindale resigned, the Giants fired OLB Drew Wilkins and Defensive Assistant Kevin Wilkins 

In TN players are trying to save Mike Vrabel's job...

Mark Davis like Harris plans to hire a GM before a coach, although Antonio Pierce is still a candidate for HC.....For GM , the Raiders would like to speak to Bills director of player personnel Terrance Gray and Bengals senior personnel executive Trey Brown. They have also requested to interview Colts assistant G.M. Ed Dodds and 49ers assistant G.M. Adam Peters. Interim G.M. Champ Kelly is also expected to be a strong candidate for the full-time role