Honored Contributor

Re: Week Eighteen of the 2021 NFL Regular Season!!!

RAVENS willl have 14th round draft pick in the 2022 draft. that is the highest we have had since 2016. 

by april we will have 10 picks to play with. we may receive additional 4th round compensatory selections due to losing 3 players to free agency last offseason........judon, culley, and ngakoue i believe.

of course, coming in last in our division will also get us some easier crossover games in 2022.

lamar needs some great players surrounding him and we really need to upgrade our defense.

lots of ravens fans calling for a new strength and conditioning team!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Well, for now at least, it looks like Joe Judge will survive into 2022. He's talked to his coaches and players and told them all's good for 2022. That helps all of the rest of the NFC East teams.

The Ravens should rebound quickly. They may want to follow the Nick Sirianni lead in terms of player health management. We had two years in a row of endless injuries, but Nick scaled back training camp and in-season practices and we've been quite a bit healthier this year. We've lost a few guys, but not too many. Lots of walkthroughs and very little hitting.

The Ravens 2022 schedule doesn't look too bad. The Steelers will be trying to find a new QB. They aren't that easy to find. The Browns may be doing the same though it sounds like they're sticking with Mayfield. The Bengals will be a handful for a while to come. In those six games, you can probably count on three or four wins. (Assuming the Ravens are moderately healthy.) Then you've got the Bills, Dolphins, Falcons, Panthers, Patriots, Saints, Jets, Bucs, Broncos, Jags, Giants. Assuming none of those teams massively improves, you can pretty much find another seven or eight wins there. That would put the Ravens at eleven wins and in pretty good shape. I don't expect much from the Giants, Jags, Jets, Broncos, Falcons, Panthers, Dolphins, or Saints. They either have young QBs or no QBs and lots of other issues.

The Steelers trying to find a new QB will be an interesting storyline all offseason. Whoever they can find won't be as good as Ben. They're likely to slip a wee bit next year. I think the Bengals will be the eight-hundred-pound gorilla in the AFC North for a bit. The Ravens will be a step or two behind them. The Browns and Steelers will be "interesting."

The Ravens will have around $22 million in cap space. (Somehow the Saints are $$60-70+ million over the 2022 cap now. Not a good year to be a Saint.) A few good free agents, get guys healthy and keep them that way, and the Ravens should be fine. The Bengals with Burrow and Chase are a tough team to beat though. If I was betting, I'd put the Ravens at eleven wins or more.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

And, miracle of miracles, all of the Eagles have recovered from covid. Jason Huntley has been signed to the active roster and Brett Toth, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, and Tyree Jackson are now on IR. Huntley is a speed demon and should scare any defender. The kid is insanely fast. He'll likely be the primary kick off and punt returner, and snuck in for a few offensive plays. Get him matched up on a linebacker and that linebacker's in trouble. Richard Rodgers will replace Tyree Jackson. Huntley took a ton of snaps at WR in camp, so he may line up outside on occasion also.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!