Trusted Contributor

Re: Week Eighteen of the 2021 NFL Regular Season!!!

[ Edited ]

WHODATHUNK!

The stars lined up and the Steelers are [probably] in the playoffs!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JillyMarie wrote:

WHODATHUNK!

The stars lined up and the Steelers are in the playoffs!

@JillyMarie 

Ya never what will happen this season---CONGRATS!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

A MIRACLE the WFT WON!!!!----darn shouldve made a bet with my sister for dinner or something....🤔😏

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Colts eliminated. Jacksonville still has the #1 draft pick because of Detroit's victory against the Packers. 

Pittsburgh is in, what a way for Big Ben's last season! Tonight will be either the Chargers or Raiders, unless that game ends in a tie, then both are in and the Steelers out. I doubt they will try to tie it, though. 

The Dolphins are taking it to the Patriots right now. It seems that the teams already eliminated are making statements. Tennessee barely beat Houston, so who knows what will happen in the playoffs. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

it was exciting that the jags won, but unfortunately, the ravens will not advance. six game losing streak (which, if i remember correctly has never happened before under harbaugh) due to MANY injuries and covid issues from the beginning of the season. a sad way to see us go down at home where it is cold and steadily raining......we could not get it done in regular time, we could not get it done in overtime.

NOW, the pressure is over and i can look forward to 2022 season and a healthier team!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

Pittsburgh is in, what a way for Big Ben's last season! Tonight will be either the Chargers or Raiders, unless that game ends in a tie, then both are in and the Steelers out. I doubt they will try to tie it, though. 

@teganslawThanks for reminding me of this slight twist!  In my excitement at the WIN I forgot that this particular outcome could knock us out.  I edited my above post.

Honored Contributor

I wasn't surprised the WFT won. The Giants are a mess. The Steelers will stay alive until someone puts a stake through their heart. Mike Tomlin may be the best coach ever in the history of the NFL. He's never had a losing season. They're going to be dangerous.

The Colts losing locks their first-round draft pick into eighteen or higher, and with the Dolphins also out of the playoffs, the Eagles have two picks in the top eighteen and their own pick at 19-32 depending on how they do in the playoffs. That gives the Eagles lots of picks for 2022.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The Eagles will be playing the Bucs in Tampa next week. I don't know when just yet, but at least I know who we'll play. The other NFC  matchups are Rams/Cards and Niners/Cowboys. Some pretty fun games! Jimmy G just increased his cost to whichever team wants to trade for him. I'm guessing he just moved up into the Carson Wentz asking price range of a first and third. Maybe more.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

And with most of the games now played, we know who the Eagles will face next year. Our home games will be against the Cowboys, Washington, Giants, Packers, Vikings, Jaguars, Titans, Saints, and Steelers. 

Road games will be against the Cowboys, Washington, Giants, Bears, Lions, Texans, Colts, and Cardinals.

Which of those teams do we know will be good next year? The Cowboys (2 games), Titans, and Cardinals should all be good teams. The Packers, Steelers, Saints, Vikings all might have new QBs and could be iffy.

Likely Eagle wins would be Washington (2), Giants (2), Vikings, Jaguars, Saints, Bears, Lions, and Texans. That's ten wins there. I would put the floor for wins at ten next year. The ceiling might be twelve to fourteen.  Not a bad schedule for next year. Now, things will change in free agency, trades, draft picks, etc. but I think a ten-win floor is pretty safe given that schedule.

So, even if things don't end well this year, we'll be in a pretty good spot for next year. Three first-round picks (14, 17, and 19 at this moment) ten picks overall. About $30 million in cap space now. Possibly more closer to free agency. We aren't losing any guys we can't replace in free agency. Things are looking pretty good for the Eagles. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Gardenman, the Eagles' goal is now to knock Tampa out of the playoffs. They need to bring their best game next week; Brady doesn't need another ring. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain