Honored Contributor

Re: Week Eighteen of the 2021 NFL Regular Season!!!

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

If the Jaguars win, the #1 draft pick will go to Detroit. A Colts win will help both teams: the Colts would be in the playoffs, and the Jags would get the #1 pick. 

@Spurt , Since the WFT is out, is there another team you like to see go all the way? In the NFC, I would like to see anyone except Tampa. It's time for someone else. 

@teganslaw 

In the NFC I'd have to go with the PACKERS---small town/small market team OWNED BY FANS, long time NFL tradition ---the frozen tundra and all, and HEY they have my forever gratitude for beating the Cowboys in the ICE BOWL (even though it was WAAAAYYYY before my time, I LOVE the history of that Cowboy humiliating defeat at the hands of my paesano Vince Lombardi)....

Although I do like Colts, in the AFC, I'd like to see New York's only real team---THE BILLS representing the AFC---great fans and a much maligned market.....and hey Buffalo gave us Buffalo Wings.....😋🤗

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

If the Eagles can't win the Super Bowl (and we probably can't but you never know) then I'd like to see the Bills, Bengals, Titans, or Cardinals win it. None have won the Super Bowl. The Titans (then Oilers) and Bills have lost the Super Bowl in agonizing fashion (Bills' wide right, Titans a yard short against the Rams.) The Bucs/Chiefs might be the best game, but both teams have been there and done that. As a fan of both teams, I'd love to see the Eagles/Colts in the Super Bowl. That's pretty unlikely though. Lots of storylines if that happened though. Wentz versus the Eagles. Sirianni against his mentor Reich.

There are lots of interesting Eagles storylines in the playoffs no matter what though. If we meet the Cards, we'll face Zach Ertz and Jordan Hicks. Imagine Ertz either catching or dropping the game-winner against the Eagles? A Cowboys/Eagles matchup is always fun. Eagles/Bucs is a flashback game to Super Bowl 52 for Brady. The Packers have Rasul Douglas (former Eagles CB) who is vulnerable to speed receivers, and we've got a ton of them. (The reason he's no longer an Eagle.) He has to grab and hold the fast guys and the officials kept flagging him for it as an Eagle. He still does it but hasn't been flagged as much this year. I'm pretty sure the Eagles would remind the officials of his tendencies.

It's an interesting field of teams in the playoffs this year. If the Eagles/Colts can't win, then I'd like to see one of the teams that have never won it get the win.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw @soonersis @grandma r @sunshine45  @AuntG @Greeneyedlady21

@Sooner   @BigJoanie @patriotfan 

Great discussion topic @teganslaw 

I'd like to see ALL the NFL fans post their NFC/AFC favorites for the Super Bowl......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

If the Eagles can't win the Super Bowl (and we probably can't but you never know) then I'd like to see the Bills, Bengals, Titans, or Cardinals win it. None have won the Super Bowl. The Titans (then Oilers) and Bills have lost the Super Bowl in agonizing fashion (Bills' wide right, Titans a yard short against the Rams.) The Bucs/Chiefs might be the best game, but both teams have been there and done that. As a fan of both teams, I'd love to see the Eagles/Colts in the Super Bowl. That's pretty unlikely though. Lots of storylines if that happened though. Wentz versus the Eagles. Sirianni against his mentor Reich.

There are lots of interesting Eagles storylines in the playoffs no matter what though. If we meet the Cards, we'll face Zach Ertz and Jordan Hicks. Imagine Ertz either catching or dropping the game-winner against the Eagles? A Cowboys/Eagles matchup is always fun. Eagles/Bucs is a flashback game to Super Bowl 52 for Brady. The Packers have Rasul Douglas (former Eagles CB) who is vulnerable to speed receivers, and we've got a ton of them. (The reason he's no longer an Eagle.) He has to grab and hold the fast guys and the officials kept flagging him for it as an Eagle. He still does it but hasn't been flagged as much this year. I'm pretty sure the Eagles would remind the officials of his tendencies.

It's an interesting field of teams in the playoffs this year. If the Eagles/Colts can't win, then I'd like to see one of the teams that have never won it get the win.

@gardenman 

Yep, we beat the Bills in our last Super Bowl way back in 92....Id also like to see the Bills win as a way to honor Jim Kelly he's been through so much with his battle with cancer....

I wouldnt mind seeing the young Cardinals representing the NFC either....they are always overshadowed by the NFC West California teams which always seem to be media favorites---

I probably jinxed the Packers, Bills, and Cardinals---sorry 'bout that....

Honored Contributor

If the Eagles face the Cards in the playoffs, the Zach Ertz paranoia on both sides will be interesting. If he catches a few passes the Eagles fans will be saying, "We never should have traded him! What were we thinking?" If he drops a few passes, the Cards' fans will be going, "He's trying to help his old team win! We never should have traded for him!" 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

In the AFC, if the Colts don't go all the way, I'd like to see the Bills or Bengals. Not the Titans, as their fans are annoying. If the Titans won, their fans would rag on the Colts, reminding them that the Titans are superior, that Henry is better than Taylor, etc. I'd rather not go through that. 

Like I mentioned, anyone in the NFC other than the Bucs. Though it would be nice to see the Cardinals or Eagles, (because of Sirianni).

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman. So very true.  However, I would like to see Zach win another Super Bowl.

I doubt our Eagles will get that far, but, who knows.

The only person I hope doesn't win is that poor sport QB from Tampa.  

Honored Contributor

My front porch will get decorated green and gold next week and I'm hoping it will stay that way until the Super Bowl. Told my husband there will be no Valentine decorations going up this year (unless the Packers lose the NFC divisional or NFC championship games).

Esteemed Contributor

The NFL has chosen a backup site for the Super Bowl because of California's high Covid cases and many restrictions. There could be a problem with attendance and other events regarding the Super Bowl. The second choice is A T &T Stadium, which has fewer restrictions.

The governor has said that he plans on CA  hosting the Super Bowl, so have to wait and see what happens. They have a month to decide where to hold it, but they need to finalize plans soon.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

@teganslaw I hope they don't change the Super Bowl to here.  It was crazy the last time it was here (and unfortunately we had a terrible winter storm then which was very unusual for us) with so many people that during this Covid surge is the last thing needed around here (not that LA needs it either).  Plus that certainly wouldn't give those in charge much time to plan such a huge event.