Honored Contributor

Re: Week Eighteen (maybe) of the NFL 2022/23 regular season!!!

It'll be interesting to see what the Bears do with that first overall pick. They have Justin Fields, so they don't 'need' a QB. Do they draft one anyway and let Fields and the kid fight it out? Do they trade the pick? (Probably.) Draft a position other than QB? 

The Eagles have pick ten thanks to the Saints, but unless someone 'special' falls to them, I'd expect them to trade back into the teens or so. If they love a guy there at ten they can grab him, but I'm not sure they'll love a kid that much.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The Broncos aren't wasting time in their head coach hunt. They've already interviewed Harbaugh and have a list of other prospects to interview. Some teams aren't even sure they'll fire their current coach yet, but the Broncos are well underway in finding their new guy.

I'm never quite sure what teams are looking for in the interview process. These guys all have long, detailed, public resumes. The team owner and GM have likely met and talked with them at various league events. What will you learn in an interview that you don't already know? Most teams have players who have played for the guy and know him. Teams hire investigators to go over a coach's background. (You'll notice KC's OC Eric Bieniemy isn't being mentioned much this year.) What can you learn in an interview that you don't already know? Salary demand? How they like their coffee?

I've heard that some teams use the interviews to get outside scouting reports on their own players. "What do you think about so and so?" If you don't already know your guys' strengths and weaknesses though, you're not a good GM. You should be the expert on the guys on your roster.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman 

I don't think resumes or a "chat" at events are enough---- the teams want to look the coach in the eye face to face a better way to tell if someone is lying in answer to a question etc.

And I think the interviews benefit the prospective coach more than the team.  He can ask questions about the organization, find out how much control he would have in chosing personnel, and how much control would he have over GM decisions ..He would want to make sure that he and the GM would be on the same page and select players to fit the coaches scheme.  Would the GM tend to stay away from top free agents and only select subpar players to be kind to the owner's wallet???? And I'd certainly talk to current players on the roster to get their take on the GM and the organization.....Review salary caps and how many draft picks...Would the owner relinquish total control of player personnel decisions to the HC. I know Rivera laid it on the line with Snyder that Rivera would have the final say on all personnel decisions .....its all about whether they will be on the same page with management and philosophical issues! And the owner wants structure and accountability 

Here's an interesting note.....the locals said Snyder didn't even show up for the Cowboy/Washington ..Sonny Jorgensen's jersey was also being retired....I THINK THIS SHOWS THAT SNYDER IS DONE WITH THE TEAM---JUST SHOW HIM THE MONEY$$$$

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman @teganslaw @sunshine45 

I find this quite amusing......several teams are in the need of new stadiums----Washington, Chicago, and the Bills (the Bills have accepted an agreement for a new one....).

What's amusing is these days owners appear to want  IMPRACTICAL SHOW PALACES.....The Rams/Chargers owners brag about the newly built SOFI Stadium's architectural design complete with fountains....Despite spending 5 BILLION it was given an F in how it performed in inclimate weather---- it's not a full dome and the rain was blowing in and I people got wet!  People slipped on surfaces covered in rainwater and some people were injured, did they not think of installing nonslip surfaces ??????(where were their lawyers????....can you say lawsuit)...and when it's sunny, the sunshine floods in and hits the patrons creating an uncomfortable and hot  environment.....SMH So if the Rams continue on a mediocre trend, how many fans will even bother to go to the games????

I'll take the Texans NRG Stadium over Sofi anyday.....the comfy elevated seats have excellent sitelines and plenty of room, the roof is retractable, nice restaurants, there's spacious lounge areas with big screen tvs, and traditional snack bars with upgraded menu offerings,  penthousesuites are also available....lots of parking or park and ride options are also available.....It was built awhile ago at a cost of $352 million.....As many reviews stated, nothing specifically fancy or unique just an overall nice fan experience.....

SOFI STADIUM

download (1).jpeg

download.jpeg

NRG STADIUM 

1477844980_43377567.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman @teganslaw 

WASHINGTON FANS HAVE GOTTEN ONE REQUEST FULFILLED----OC SCOTT TURNER HAS BEEN FIRED!!!😃

Hopefully we will get someone better, with only Turner gone it looks like Rivera is being retained at least for now until a new owner decides otherwise 

Honored Contributor

happy news for ravens fans......

one of our BEST gets this season, ROQUON SMITH signed a 5 year deal for $100 million. $45 million fully guaranteed plus $60 million in total guarantees. he is the first linebaker to get $20 million a year AND he represented himself.

only 2 players in NFL history have 100+ tackles, 2+ sacks, and 1+ interceptions in each of their first five years. roquan smith and ray lewis.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein