Honored Contributor

Week Eighteen (maybe) of the NFL 2022/23 regular season!!!

Things are a tad up in the air as I type this regarding whether there will be games this week or not. Many are calling for a one-week break due to the Damar Hamlin situation. (And I kind of expect the news on that front to get worse. Nine minutes of CPR is a long time for the brain to have inadequate blood flow.) The week eighteen schedule should get played at some point though, so here are the picks.

The Chiefs take on the Raiders. I'll take the Chiefs.

The Titans take on the Jags. Doug has the Jags playing well. I'll take the Jags.

The Bucs are at the Falcons. I'll take Brady and the Bucs.

The Patriots are at the Bills. Where will the Bills be in terms of headspace for this game? Win it for Damar? Will the Pats more or less roll over and play dead? I guess I'll take the Bills.

The Vikings should spank the Bears. I'll take the Vikings.

And the Texans play the Colts in an absolutely meaningless game for both teams. I guess I'll take the Colts.

The Jets take on the Dolphins. I'll take the Dolphins. Going to be an interesting offseason and QB situation for the Jets going forward.

The Steelers are next in line to laugh at the Browns and their big-money QB. I'll take the Steelers.

The Giants mosey down the turnpike to take on the Eagles. The Eagles players were very upset with their performance last week. I would expect a rebound. I'll take the Eagles.

The Cowboys go to wherever the Commanders are playing now to spank the Commanders. I'll take the Cowboys. Expect a general housecleaning in Washington this off-season.

The Chargers are next in line to beat the Broncos. Russell Wilson has said he's determined to come back better than ever next season. He'd better. I'll take the Chargers.

The Rams head to Seattle to mercifully end a horrible season. I'll take Seattle.

The Cards head to San Fran to lose to the Niners. Expect lots of changes in Arizona this off-season. I'll take the Niners.

The Lions and Packers face off in a pretty good game. I'll give an edge to the Packers.

And the Ravens and Bengals face off in what should also be a pretty good game. I'll take the Bengals.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week Eighteen (maybe) of the NFL 2022/23 regular season!!!

The Texans-Colts game isn't meaningless in terms of draft order. The Texans hold #1 with the Bears a half game behind. It's more likely that the Bears will lose and Texans win, so that would put Chicago in first. 

As far as I know, week 18 games are going as scheduled. That could change, though. There hasn't been a decision on when or if the Bills-Bengals will ever be resumed. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman @teganslaw 

Some things are still in flux.....but let's give it ago .....Washington could be anywhere from 14th to 17th in the Draft....

Chiefs vs Raiders----playoff order still to be determined so CHIEFS will bring it and fine tune their playbook and WIN....I feel sorry for Derek Carr and hope he goes to a new team with a new coach and a team with pieces in place to bring out the best of his ability, and make McDaniels look like the fool he is......

Titans vs Jaguars---Jaguars are a team moving towards contention .... it looks like the Titans are waving the white flag and will play Dobbs as QB and making a choice for their future either Willis who disappointed them or Dobbs...JAGS WITH A WIN!

Bucs vs Falcons---I can't go against Brady taking THE  BUCS 

Patriots vs Bills --- where will the Bills be emotionally--- I remember after Sean Taylor's murder Joe Gibbs rallied the team and made the rest of the season be a tribute to their fallen teammate...(the Redskins won their final 4 games and claimed the final NFC playoff berth --- so a teams tribute can help sooth the players emotions at least a little bit after a tragedy)  I have a feeling McDermott will try to do the same and get some wins to honor Damar......One nice jester was that Pat's owner Robert Kraft and former Pat, Tom Brady were top donors to Hamlin's charity ....BILLS 

Vikings vs Bears--- the Vikings are embarrassed after their loss and will be looking to right the Viking ship heading into the playoffs---VIKINGS  SKOAL 

Texans vs Colts---the only way the Texans can make up for alousy season is to get the #1 Draft Pick by losing to the COLTS....I wonder what Irsay will do with interim coach Jeff Saturday....

Jets vs Dolphins  ---- interesting future ahead and both team's plans at the QB spot---- Tua's continuous concussions are a problem and the Jets have their own QB drama....I'll guess I'll go with the DOLPHINS at home

Steelers vs Browns  ---- never count out Mike Tomlin...the team from Steeltown and young QB Pickett has them still in the playoff hunt....Meanwhile the Browns did beat Washington but it was afterall a mediocre Washington team..Going with the STEELERS.

Giants vs Eagles----Even though its an NFC EAST rival game the Giants cannot improve their playoff seeding and with the Cowboys trying to take away the NFC EAST DIVISION TITLE and top NFC seed at stake. , In addition, the 49ers are also in play----the EAGLES  MUST WIN....and they'll get it--- FLY EAGLES FLY 

Cowboys vs Washington---- Another disappointing season for Washington---instead of ending up in the playoffs as a wild card, they have been kicked to the curb...The only interesting thing about this game is whether the Cowboys  will win the NFC EAST CROWN with an Eagles loss to the Giants...Dallas holds the tie breaker , but if the Eagles beat the Giants the NFC EAST CROWN belongs to the Eagles....Then the Cowboy's decision will be whether they decide to pull and rest their starters and get people healthy entering the playoffs .....unfortunately it looks like the games have the same late start time....as of right now....In any event it seems Washington is contemplating playing Howell at QB with an eye towards the future....I don't think the current team staffs need to worry about the future.....It will or should be be a whole new REDO with NEW OWNER, COACHING STAFF AND FRONT OFFICE and HOPEFULLY NEW TEAM NAME AND MASCOT!!!! Who cares if they somehow win!!! ....More important "fish to fry" for Washington fans

Chargers vs Broncos  ---- Two QBS headed in opposite directions...I'll take Justin Herbert and THE CHARGERS..

Rams vs Seahawks-----well talk about a short lived "dynasty"... that's the Rams...now the future may hold a nearly empty stadium or one filled with opponents and perhaps their HC heads to the broadcast booth....Meanwhile the Seahawks without Russell Wilson and Geno Smith at QB this season still have a slim shot at the playoffs ....

Cardinals vs 49ers---no contest 49ERS 

Lions vs Packers---- Game with lots of playoff implications....Packers win and in, the Lions need to win and also need a little help...the tundra will not be frozen to aid the Packers with almost a "spring like" temperature of 34....The Packers defense is coming around, and Rodgers is in a happier mood...the Lions can put points on the board but will they be able to stop the Pack..Even Goffs girlfriend wont be a distraction dressed in winter attire..I'll go with the PACKERS...

Ravens vs Bengals--- A game with playoff implications..

After the game with the Bills and Hamlin's injury what will the Bengals player's mindset going to be..Lamar Jackson's status is uncertain, well at least Poe's, the Ravens mascot, wing injury has healed.....I'm going with Joe Cool and the  BENGALS for the WIN

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

The Lions are eliminated if Seattle wins. Even if they beat the Packers, Seattle has an edge because they beat Detroit earlier in the season.

I wonder if the players will know the Rams-Seahawks final score ahead of time. 

If they're out, Detroit might want the Packers out of contention, also.

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

The league seems to have decided they will play this week, so that's good. Two games on Saturday and the rest on Sunday.

No official word on if Jalen Hurts will play or not. There are three likely options being discussed. One, start him, hope to build a big early lead, then get him out. Two, start Minshew, hope he does well, but have Hurts in reserve should things look iffy. And the third option is to just bench Hurts no matter what and pray Minshew can get the win. I lean towards option two. Start Minshew, hope he does well, but have Hurts as his backup if needed. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is so sad, but glad to see Skip Bayless recognized for what he is---- a cold hearted IDIOT..His focus wasn't on Hamlin's health and whether he even survives his injury but was more concerned about resuming the game----NFL players, retired athletes and even NBA players are calling for Skip to be fired.....I never understood why Fox Sports 1 hired him i guess because hes a die hard Cowboy fan  LOL..That show, "Undisputed" is awful too

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I've never watched Skip Bayless, but I've seen clips of his show and that's probably why I've never watched his show. Controversy sells on TV. He tries too hard to be controversial. I just find him annoying and I've got enough annoying things in my life right now. I don't need more.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Former Colts' players DE Dwight Freeney and WR Reggie Wayne are finalists for the 2023 HOF. I hope that they make it, as both deserve to be there. 

Sam Ehlinger is starting week 18. I don't know if Indy will play starters or backups, maybe both. Expect a rebuild for next year.

I've heard some people call him Skip "Brainless" , and that seems to fit. Never watched "Undisputed" . 

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

I've never watched Skip Bayless, but I've seen clips of his show and that's probably why I've never watched his show. Controversy sells on TV. He tries too hard to be controversial. I just find him annoying and I've got enough annoying things in my life right now. I don't need more.

@gardenman @teganslaw 

That's a good adjective to describe Skip, "ANNOYING"....

He even threw insults toward Tom Landry saying Tom's faith was more important to him than people, and that his football philosophy was outdated which justified Jerry Jones firing Tom while Tom was playing golf, even Redskin fans called Jerry out for the way he fired Landry--- saying Tom deserved more respect than that for all Tom did for the Cowboys Organization for all those years..Jerry should have scheduled a meeting with him at the Cowboys facility,  rather than hunting him down on a golf courses.

If you dare, you can read about that in Skip's book, "God's Coach. ......I found a copy of the book at a used book store for $2 😆 after I read I passed it on to a Cowboy's fan I worked with.....And the people's book reviews point out what you said, he tries too hard to be controversial just to get attention, and he makes stupid statements,  he called Landry a hypocrit since he was a Christian but wasn't 

perfect...SAY WHAT!!! SMH🙄🫣.

A better book is "Classic Clint, The Laughs and Times Of" by D. Hitt ---the life and times of the Cowboys first owner Clint Murchison, and a humorous history of the Dallas Cowboys,  he had a good sense of humor and was a bit of a jokester too ....The first couple of chapters are a touching description of Murchison's time in the Vietnam War, then the fun begins with the Cowboys....Sadly Murchison's life ended tragically battling a rare neurological disease..

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

Former Colts' players DE Dwight Freeney and WR Reggie Wayne are finalists for the 2023 HOF. I hope that they make it, as both deserve to be there. 

Sam Ehlinger is starting week 18. I don't know if Indy will play starters or backups, maybe both. Expect a rebuild for next year.

I've heard some people call him Skip "Brainless" , and that seems to fit. Never watched "Undisputed" . 

@teganslaw 

Yep, many people call Skip "Brainless"..

There's a lot of good candidates for the HOF, ---CONGRATS to Feeney and Reggie Wayne. But once again, Joe Jacoby, the keystone for the Redskins famous "HOGS" didnt make it for the Senior Candidate Group ---SMH...A TRAVESTY 😡🤬

At least this time Coryell got nominated for coach/ contributor finalist--long overdue,  the architect of today's modern offenses .....