Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week Eight of the NFL Regular Season!!!

So close, but not quite there yet. The Colts' offense needs to work in the first part of the game, not wait until the last few minutes! A team can't continue to be successful if they have to keep coming from behind. OC Hamilton is getting alot of criticism for his play calling. Some wonder why Frank Gore isn't given more chances to run the ball. Then Luck just hangs on the ball too long and has some interceptions which shouldn't have happened. I think that the problem is with the team as a whole, including management and front office. This just isn't the Colts' year. Some of the problems are mental and fights within the managers aren't helping.

I guess it could be worse: I could be a San Francisco fan! What is going on in that organization? Kaepernick is now benched for Gabbert. I have no idea why they traded Vernon Davis to Denver for basically a song. Davis was one of their top playmakers.

Did anyone read about Bruce Arians response to fantasy owners? John Brown was questionable, but listed as a probable player Sunday. Those playing fantasy football sent out rants on Twitter because some had Brown on their team and he didn't take a snap. Arians response to those rants was 'Tough  ### (rhymes with hit.)" I play fantasy football and thought that reponse was hilarious. WTG Arians! Some people take this fantasy stuff too far.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

Wow, I hear the game went into OT last night.  I'm kicking myself for turning it off in the 3rd.  Wish the Colts could had pulled it off.

Honored Contributor

And another coach bites the dust! Ken Whisenhut of the Tennessee Titans is now gone. That's not great for a young quarterback like Marcus Mariota. He needs to be in a stable situation and that most definitely isn't the case in Tennessee.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

there are rumors floating around......and articles.......that steve smith sr is ready to have surgery on his torn achilles AND that he is interested in coming back for the 2016 season. he had originally announced that 2015 would be his last. i wonder how much he has left in him? would love to see him finish out as a powerful healthy raven.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Breaking news: The Colts fired Offensive Coordinator Pep Hamilton; DC Rob Chudzinski will take over his position. I don't know who will take the DC spot yet. Maybe he will do both.

This was a long time coming. Hamilton's play calling just hasn't worked lately. It came sooner than expected, though. I thought the team would wait until the bye week to make any changes. I guess that the Colts didn't trust Hamilton's play calling for next week against Denver. I think that this was a good move. The Colts have been struggling, and it couldn't get much worse. Might take a couple weeks, but things have got to improve. It will be interesting to see how Chudzinski handles things. At least Pagano is safe for now. I wouldn't have wanted him gone, anyway.

Sunshine45: It surprises me that Steve Smith wants to play another season; I would think that his injuries would be concerning. But, if he feels that he can be productive, then it's a good thing and will definitely help the Ravens.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

WOW--half way through the season....Woman Sad  Goes by way too fast....The real GOOD news is that my Redskins are on a bye week so they can't lose...Woman Very Happy  And more good news is the NBA season has started....lots of new faces but once they learn the Spur's system---WATCH OUT NBA!!!!  Woman Very HappyWoman Very Happy

I picked the Chiefs earlier.....let's see rest of the picks.....

Bucs/Falcons---The Bucs had a close game with the Redskins, and the Falcons escaped with a win---but Falcons have overall better talent---FALCONS!

Chargers/Ravens---Philip Rivers has been on a roll, but the rest of his team hasn't....and the Ravens have struggled with injuries and other things.....For some reason I'm going CHARGERS!!

Vikings/Bears---The Vikings might be the NFL's best kept secret---they have been playing well....And then there is Da Bears...as long as they have Jay Cutler....going with THE VIKES!

Cards/Browns---Cards are well balanced and in Cleveland their only hope is LeBron James who unfortantely plays in the NBA and not in the NFL ---so gotta go CARDS!

Titans/Texans---Why should my dear city have to endure watching this lousy Texans team.....keep it in H Town where it belongs---SHEESH NFL!!!!  Going with the lesser of the two evils and taking THE TITANS---I feel sorry for JJ Watt his Texans have been playing pitiful!!!  Hey Texans ya should've drafted Derek Carr even though his brother didn't pan out.....

Giants/Saints---The Giants signed JPP missing finger and all....Eli returns to his home town.....the Saints are at home in front of their rowdy home crowd.....Can the Saints O Line protect Brees so he can work his magic.....Do the Saints have enough talent on defense to put the pressure on Eli and stop his go to weapon Odell????  (and what's up with Cruz who is STILL out?)---Going and hoping for the SAINTS VICTORY!!! (It will keep the NFC Least close in the standings) Woman Very Happy

Bengals/Steerlers---Figgy has her Bengal collar on and is ready for GAME DAY!! Cat Very Happy  First I want to urge the NFL to retain the integrity of the NFL by banning these HORRIBLE HIDEOUS Bumble Bee retro uniforms---it is such a distraction to the opponents that it creates a totally UNFAIR advantage---Cat FrustratedCat Mad  Big Ben returns and the Steelers sorely need him....The Bengals are on a roll and Figgy promises a BENGAL WIN!

49ers/Rams---YIKES! The 49ers locker room seems to be divided on their QB and they are a mess...Gotta go RAMS for an easy win....

Jets/Raiders---Every time I pick against the Raiders, they come up with a win--LOL!!!  The Jets gave away that Patriot game and had New England on the ropes but couldn't quite pull it off.....This game is a real toss up----I'll go JETS!

Seahawks/Cowboys--Dez is back with an special shoe insert (so will he be his explosive self on the field or just on the sidelines? .....Will there be another squabble with Hardy???---put it on PPV folks)....Randle has been suspended and Jerry seems to support his trouble makers.....Their QB play continues to be a big question mark until Romo comes back.....The Seahawks haven't been playing very well either...but at least they have their QB and a pretty good defense--SEAHAWKS! (PLEASE)!!!

Packers/Broncos--Forget Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers is THE BEST QB in the NFL---JMHO---he has total command of the game and his team even with injuries to his offensive weapons.........And of course the Pack has the singing LB Clay Matthews (check out the movie Perfect Pitch 2) who will be putting the pressure on Kubiak's strange offense that doesn't quite seem to fit Peyton Manning, but the Broncos have a good defense, and they are playing in that altitude at Mile High....It's a toss up going with the BRONCOS playing at home (not confident of this pick--the Packers could easily win it )....

Colts/Panthers----A meddlesome owner quibbling with the GM and has put the coach on a very hot seat and NO I am NOT talking about the Redskins---sadly it's the Colts.....Andrew is pressing which is causing turnovers, his o line needs help, and the GM brought in too old veterans which provide little help for Andrew---Gotta go PANTHERS who are playing real well even though they don't have much talent on offense either, but Cam is helping to get it done with his athletic ability and body frame!

Enjoy the games everyone---GOOD LUCK!!!!

I hate to disagree about Aaron Rodgers, but the proof was in the game stats against Denver.  77 yards passing.  The best QB in the league has to do better than that.