Honored Contributor

Re: Week Eight of the 2021 NFL Regular Season!!!

It's trading deadline day! By the end of the day, we should know if anyone is taking a chance on Deshaun Watson or if he's stuck in Purgatory/Houston for the foreseeable future.

I don't expect the Eagles to make any big moves, but if someone knocks their socks off with an offer they may take it. We've got a lot of offensive linemen lying around and they're a pretty valuable commodity. We'll have to see what happens. 

The NFL trading deadline typically passes without too many big moves being made. We'll see if that holds true again or if someone makes a bold move.

The Chiefs are in a funk right now. No one in the AFC looks like a "sure thing" Super Bowl team right now. That's going to be a jumbled mess as the season goes on. Every team but the Jets, Dolphins, Jaguars, and Texans may still be alive for a playoff spot in the final week.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I thought that the game wouldn't be as close as it was. KC won, but things aren't looking as good for them this year. Maybe it would help if Andy Reid gave up playcalling, and assigned that duty to someone else. He's trying to be clever at times with trick plays, and they often backfire.

The Chiefs could still take first place in the AFC West if the other teams falter, but it doesn't look like they would go far in the playoffs if they don't try some change in the playcalling. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

A lot of what we're seeing in KC looks familiar to Eagles fans. In 2011 things started to falter with an 8-8 record then in 2012 it slipped to 4-12 and Andy was gone. I'm not sure what happens, but there comes a time when his teams just stop listening. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My WFT sits 5th in the 2022 NFL Draft.....!!!

They put Landon Collins on the trading block, he was awful as a Safety, but did okay at LB Dont know if there will be any takers---probably not (may be we shouldve kept KERRIGAN! !!!) 

Rivera is sticking with Heinicke at QB (yes he had some INTS and bad throws but some of those weren't his fault)...I like his moxie and glad we are sticking with him....

Some of Heinicke's problems can be traced to lack of protection. Our OL has been a disaster due to all the injuries....Sadly the center piece of the O line, Chase Roullier, was added to IR, Ereck Floweres status to return is uncertain and other oline backups just havent been doing the job....They added OG Zack Bailey and with Gibson dealing with stress fracture in his shin, they added RB Wendell Smallwood....and released Jon Williams from the practice squad....

Offensive help could be coming after the Bye Week Logan Thomas, Brandon Scherff, William Jackson, Sam Cosmi, and Darryl Roberts....These guys would help TREMENDOUSLY!!!

Rivera said the team will look at things like its third down and red zone performance to determine how to fix issues in those areas.....The team can GET to the RED ZONE but they CANT GET IN~

5th round rookie safety, Derrick Forrest returned....

Blewitt is still the kicker...🙄Ron on Chris Blewitt: First one, he hit it too close to the middle of the ball (which caused it to fly low). Second one, same thing mixed in with some penetration. The one he made, "he stroked it." "Nice and fluid." He's going to remain the kicker "for now"

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

DeShaun won't be traded before the 4:00 deadline. They couldn't come to terms with the Dolphins, so I don't what comes next. Maybe a trade in the off season? 

Raiders Henry Ruggs was involved in a serious car accident in Vegas, and charged with a DUI causing a death. Ruggs was taken to the hospital, and released with non-threatening injuries. Police had said that he was impaired at the scene. The Raiders are aware of the news, but have given no statement. They're most likely waiting for further investigation. The NFL sent regrets to the victim's family.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

And from the mind your own business department---NBA "king" LeBron James hs initiated a "twitter campaign" to "free OBJ from Cleveland"......thats a way to "help" your hometown LeBron 🙄

Per ProFootball Focus:

2.PNG

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@soonersis wrote:

@Spurt 

I had to respond to your post as I sympathize for your pain in both the booster shot and your WFT losing.  I got my booster Friday and fortunately the reaction was the same as the first two shots, just a sore arm.  And the Cowboy's win, which was hardly guaranteed going into that game without Dak, helped me feel even better.  But we were in your position last year so there's always hope for a better year. I don't think anyone around Dallas thinks Cooper Rush is going to the Hall of Fame or Ring of Honor here, but we're so happy he had a good game for his first NFL start.  When they kept showing his family in the stands I was hoping for their sake, not just the Cowboys, that he would play well.  

I know what it's like to see our division rivals of WFT, the Eagles and Giants do so much better than us so it's pretty incredible so far this year that the Cowboys are alone at the top of the NFC East.  So forgive all of us Cowboy's fans for our excitement at a team that is now playing so well on both sides of the ball.  

@soonersis 

Thank you for your kind words...

Im in SA and there are some local sportscasters here on TV and radio that go overboard when it comes to the Cowboys...hence the remark about Cooper and the Hall Of Fame...😄 (nice story about Cooper's family)

Enjoy the NFL season it goes by so fast....

I think I knew but forgot you live in SA. We went on our honeymoon to SA and it was

so nice! 

It must be tough to be a WFT fan in Texas!  I'm sure there are tons of Cowboy fans there but probably a lot of Texan fans too. I have a bunch of family who live in Houston and they don't have much to cheer for as far as football goes this year.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@soonersis wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@soonersis wrote:

@Spurt 

I had to respond to your post as I sympathize for your pain in both the booster shot and your WFT losing.  I got my booster Friday and fortunately the reaction was the same as the first two shots, just a sore arm.  And the Cowboy's win, which was hardly guaranteed going into that game without Dak, helped me feel even better.  But we were in your position last year so there's always hope for a better year. I don't think anyone around Dallas thinks Cooper Rush is going to the Hall of Fame or Ring of Honor here, but we're so happy he had a good game for his first NFL start.  When they kept showing his family in the stands I was hoping for their sake, not just the Cowboys, that he would play well.  

I know what it's like to see our division rivals of WFT, the Eagles and Giants do so much better than us so it's pretty incredible so far this year that the Cowboys are alone at the top of the NFC East.  So forgive all of us Cowboy's fans for our excitement at a team that is now playing so well on both sides of the ball.  

@soonersis 

Thank you for your kind words...

Im in SA and there are some local sportscasters here on TV and radio that go overboard when it comes to the Cowboys...hence the remark about Cooper and the Hall Of Fame...😄 (nice story about Cooper's family)

Enjoy the NFL season it goes by so fast....

I think I knew but forgot you live in SA. We went on our honeymoon to SA and it was

so nice! 

It must be tough to be a WFT fan in Texas!  I'm sure there are tons of Cowboy fans there but probably a lot of Texan fans too. I have a bunch of family who live in Houston and they don't have much to cheer for as far as football goes this year.  

@soonersis 

SA is a nice town, friendly people....these days despite our rebuilding NBA young Spurs they are still OUR TEAM....and UTSA is slowly gaining support....

Now it can be challenging at times being a WFT fan in SA, but the tide is changing a bit....since the last Cowboys Super Bowl win was way back in 1996 some younger NFL fans jumped to other teams, and others dont like JerryJones, and with all these people migrating and moving from other States to SA Im seeing more and more NFL gear from a variety of teams that are being worn when Im out and about, but make no mistake about it,  there's still LOTS of Cowboy fans. 

However, the Texans are another issue---they dont really have a following here---even Texan players that were sent to promote their team admitted that SA has a limited following for there team and they realize its more Cowboy Country, but begged for fans to give them a try....BUT, the last time people here were excited about Houston football was when the team was The Oilers and Earl Campbell was the star.....long time ago....then as you know, Bud Adams moved the team to Nashville and changed the name......Houston got the Texans, when  they were new, people were excited and everyone loved and still loves JJ Watt so sad he moved to AZ..... A lot of NFL fans in SA will still travel to Houston to see an NFL game (Houston is much closer ---2 1/2 hours versus driving 6 1/2 hours to the Dallas area)...But loyalist will take the long trek to little D (as we like to call it here)...