Super Contributor

Re: Week Eight of the 2021 NFL Regular Season!!!

Soonersis - RIGHT. ON!!

Esteemed Contributor

The Titans fear that Derrick Henry may have a broken bone in his foot which would sideline him indefinitely. There will be details on that later. With the AFC so mixed up, this is just what the Titans don't need. 

What about the Jets? I wonder if anyone had Mike White on their fantasy team. The Colts and Jets play this Thursday night, and I have no idea what to expect. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

@Spurt seems to be avoiding talking about the WFT game yesterday. The good news for WFT fans is they've now moved well up in the draft order. They're now picking somewhere between fifth and seventh depending on how the tie-breakers with the Jets/Giants work out.

Ron Rivera may have blown it by signing Blewitt to be the new kicker. His two blocked field goals were not a help. I wouldn't have signed him based on his name alone. Blewitt is not a good name for a kicker. If his name was "Itsgood" or "Perfect" you sign him, Blew it? No. Bad juju there. 

The Eagles vaulted themselves into second place in the NFC East by crushing the Lions. The schedule gets a bit easier from here on out also. We've got the Chargers in Philly next week, then the Broncos, Saints, Giants, Jets, Bye, WFT, Giants, WFT, and Cowboys. It's not too hard to find six wins in that group of games. Six wins would have the Eagles at 9-8. That might get a playoff nod.

Whoever doesn't win the west between the Rams/Cards will likely get a wild card slot. The Saints are in line for one now, but losing Winston will hurt them going forward. The Panthers are at 4-4 but they've still got to play some tough games. A whole lot of teams are in that three-win category and whichever one gets hot and plays well, is likely to sneak into a wild card slot.

@gardenman 

CONGRATS on the win, but remember it's STILL THE LIONS! (and sadly, my team seems to be headed in the same direction)......

Detroit Lions Sad Momments

Sorry all I could manage was the few morning posts yesterday....I got my booster shot (doctor recommended due to our family's health history)....at first I thought the side effect was just the sore arm (like my second shot the first go around)---but later on it was like I came down with the Flu---I was just feeling MISERABLE and the side effects were taking their toll---and will spare you all the TMI details---- I barely could manage to watch some of the Red Zone hi-lights...errr.. LOW-Lights of my WFT's miserable performance------ Blewitt, BLEW not one but two FGS which made a difference at the end of the game....but he would have had to made a FG at the end....and WHAT WAS THE CHANCE OF THAT HAPPENING ANYWAY 🙄....... (yep, your right---as the song goes by Ann Wilson---"there's certainly something about a name.....")...Why didnt Rivera get the hint! 😡 And the results DID make me feel even SICKER 🤢

I fell asleep during the Cowboy/Vikes game.....and woke up with Cousins being the BAD goat....and saw the highlights on the local news and Cooper Rush being hailed as the next Cowboy Hall Of Famer 😫😫😫 Well Ill give credit to Cooper he had a heck of a game....and the Cowboys did manage to take control of the Division even without Dak......talk about feeling even sicker...🤮

I felt better this morning.....and watched PFT Talk with "the Mike's" (Florio and Golic Sr.).....as for the Eagles the Mikes said that it was too early for the Eagles to be selling off a good part of the team right now (I was shocked about loyal Eagle --Fletcher Cox?!?!?!) ..there's 9 games left and things can happen (still within reach of a wild card spot) One injury can change the tide and close the door on one team, and open the door for another team to enter....

benchart160400011.jpg

Why that's like tearing up the flower bed while everythings in bloom....and before the growing season has even reached it's peak..........😉

unnamed (1).jpg

I knew something was too good to be true when my fav college team won...and the Spurs beat the current NBA Champs, the Bucks...and our UTSA Road Runners have won 8 in a row and are even in both college polls now! ..(ranked 16th in one, 18th in the other and no Texas Longhorns in sight, but the Aggies are there....hmmmm---)...

111Capture.PNG

I guess you cant win em all....or in the case of my WFT you cant win ANY!!!😭 Its over, guess I start rooting for a good draft spot and player that will fit....

GO ROADRUNNERS!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

The Titans fear that Derrick Henry may have a broken bone in his foot which would sideline him indefinitely. There will be details on that later. With the AFC so mixed up, this is just what the Titans don't need. 

What about the Jets? I wonder if anyone had Mike White on their fantasy team. The Colts and Jets play this Thursday night, and I have no idea what to expect. 

@teganslaw 

Sad situation regarding Derrick Henry....just when it looked like the Division was in their bag with the team playing well looking to possibly move up in the playoff standings by adding more wins......Bad "break" for them, but could be a good "break" for the Colts and give them a chance in the AFC South ya never know (pardon the pun)....

Ya know the Jets just CANNOT make the right decision right now with that win they just got to be wondering...are ....."and why did we (the Jets) even sign Flacco?"......didnt they know what they had in White all this time?!?!?!?..Well its their money....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@soonersis wrote:

How 'bout them Cowboys?  Nobody gave Dallas a chance to go into Minnesota and win with a backup qb.  Kudos to Cooper Rush, Zeke and Amari for the last td, and our defense for playing well too

@soonersis @Txblond 

Have to give credit where credit is deserved---good job Cooper Rush....congrats on your win Cowboy fans...

.and same ole, same ole, Kirk Cousins...he cant seem to win important games....glad we ditched him.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

BREAKING NEWS!

Once again, the Rams are going all in.

According to multiple reports, Los Angeles is acquiring Von Miller from the Broncos in exchange for second- and third-round picks in the 2022 NFL Draft.

Per ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the Broncos are paying $9 million of Miler’s remaining $9.7 million salary.

Honored Contributor

The Rams really are putting all of their eggs in one basket. So, no first, second, or third-round pick in the 2022 draft. Sure, players, we don't need no stinking players! It's a bold new strategy.

The NFC playoff picture is a bit crowded at the top. The Rams, Cards, Bucs, Cowboys, and Packers are all more or less evenly matched. An injury here or there could sort things out a bit, but those figure to be some pretty interesting playoff games. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt 

I had to respond to your post as I sympathize for your pain in both the booster shot and your WFT losing.  I got my booster Friday and fortunately the reaction was the same as the first two shots, just a sore arm.  And the Cowboy's win, which was hardly guaranteed going into that game without Dak, helped me feel even better.  But we were in your position last year so there's always hope for a better year. I don't think anyone around Dallas thinks Cooper Rush is going to the Hall of Fame or Ring of Honor here, but we're so happy he had a good game for his first NFL start.  When they kept showing his family in the stands I was hoping for their sake, not just the Cowboys, that he would play well.  

I know what it's like to see our division rivals of WFT, the Eagles and Giants do so much better than us so it's pretty incredible so far this year that the Cowboys are alone at the top of the NFC East.  So forgive all of us Cowboy's fans for our excitement at a team that is now playing so well on both sides of the ball.  

Honored Contributor

@soonersis wrote:

@Spurt 

I had to respond to your post as I sympathize for your pain in both the booster shot and your WFT losing.  I got my booster Friday and fortunately the reaction was the same as the first two shots, just a sore arm.  And the Cowboy's win, which was hardly guaranteed going into that game without Dak, helped me feel even better.  But we were in your position last year so there's always hope for a better year. I don't think anyone around Dallas thinks Cooper Rush is going to the Hall of Fame or Ring of Honor here, but we're so happy he had a good game for his first NFL start.  When they kept showing his family in the stands I was hoping for their sake, not just the Cowboys, that he would play well.  

I know what it's like to see our division rivals of WFT, the Eagles and Giants do so much better than us so it's pretty incredible so far this year that the Cowboys are alone at the top of the NFC East.  So forgive all of us Cowboy's fans for our excitement at a team that is now playing so well on both sides of the ball.  

@soonersis 

Thank you for your kind words...

Im in SA and there are some local sportscasters here on TV and radio that go overboard when it comes to the Cowboys...hence the remark about Cooper and the Hall Of Fame...😄 (nice story about Cooper's family)

Enjoy the NFL season it goes by so fast....

Honored Contributor

The Titans are replacing Derrick Henry with Adrian Peterson. Uh, okay. I might have gone with someone a bit younger, but whatever. Way, way, way back in the pre-draft period, I thought the Titans should draft Najee Harris. He's a younger, faster (ish), fresher version of Derrick Henry. I thought he'd be a good guy to learn behind Henry and take some of the workloads from him. The Steelers took Harris instead.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!