Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week Eight of the 2021 NFL Regular Season!!!

I read a report that the Titans are talking with the Eagles in  a potential trade for Fletcher Cox.  Rumor or is this legitimate? I hadn't heard anything about the Eagles wanting to trade Fletcher Cox. 

DeSean Jackson is probably past his prime. He can't stay with one team for long. A team wouldn't have to give up much to sign him. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Fletcher Cox is very, very highly paid, so the Eagles wouldn't mind moving him. They'd want a lot for him though. Probably a first-round pick plus a bit. If a team is willing to pay his salary and give enough back, he could be gone.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman @teganslaw 

Well interesting about Dak, McCarthy said Dak's calf is still sore, and this comment seems to point to Dak resting his calf. BUT "coach" Jerry Jones said "things are looking good abut Dak"....Hopefully McCarthy will make the right decision regarding Dak's health and not be pressured by what "coach" Jerry says....Oh that Jerry Jones!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gardenman @teganslaw 

WOW that was some game last night---Packers/Cards....We've gotten to see a lot of exciting games this season....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman @teganslaw 

WOW that was some game last night---Packers/Cards....We've gotten to see a lot of exciting games this season....

It was a great game if you're not a Cardinal fan. For the Packers and the general viewing public, it was great. For the Cardinal fans, it was devastating.  They drive the length of the field to take control and just need to execute a simple play. They get a perfect matchup with a lesser CB, who they know, against a very good receiver in man-to-man coverage. The QB sees it, recognizes it, makes a perfect throw. And the receiver took a nap and never even looked for the ball and it gets intercepted. Oops! I'm pretty confident AJ Green won't be getting many more chances to lose a game for the Cards. It was such an obvious mismatch that even if the QB hadn't seen it Green should have and assumed he'd be getting the ball. Heck, Green should have been pointing it out to Murray and waving his arms to get his attention to be sure Murray saw it.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

It's game day!!! In a shocking turn of events, the Eagles are favored to win a game! The first time all year. Whoo-hoo! The fans who are ready to fire the coach, GM, and all of the players largely forget that we've won two more games than the experts in Vegas thought we would. A win today would get us to 3-5 as we near the halfway mark and the easier part of the schedule lies ahead of us. This is an opportunity to start building some positive momentum, gain some confidence, and move forward.

What will we see from the Eagles today? If history is any indicator, then lots of screen passes. I suspect even the coaches are getting tired of the nonstop screen game though, so they should start mixing things up a bit more. I'd like to see Quez Watkins on the field a bit more. The kid has blazing speed and always catches the ball when it's thrown his way. 

On defense a bit more attacking would be nice. I expect Darius Slay to try and make some plays. An interception or two from him wouldn't purpose me. He's looking forward to going back to Detroit and putting on a show. I'm cautiously optimistic that this is a "get right" game for the Eagles. The Lions aren't a terribly scary team to play. Goff has his moments, but he's not great. We should be able to unleash the defense a bit, open up the offense, and win the game.

Game two will likely be Tampa and New Orleans. The night game will be the Cowboys/Vikings. We need Kirk Cousins to have one of his rare "on" nights tonight for the Vikings to have much of a chance. Not the best games, but hey, it's football. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

The Colts are going into the game today the healthiest they've been all year.  The only player out is CB is BoPete Keyes. He's not well known, but has been active in previous games. 

TY Hilton, Braden Smith, Rock-Ya-Sin and Xavier Rhodes all participated in full practice. Rhodes was slightly injured last week in SF, but came back in the game to make a major play. 

Julio Jones is out for the Titans. I wonder if the team regrets signing him, as he hasn't done much this year. Remember all the hype earlier about Jones elevating the Titans? Didn't happen, and I never was that worried about Jones, anyway. Derrick Henry is the one to watch. A.J. Brown is suddenly becoming involved, and he can pose a problem.

Besides the Titans-Colts, the early game is 49ers-Bears on FOX.  The 4:25 game is Bucs-Saints on FOX. That should be a good one. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman @teganslaw 

Games in my area:

EARLY GAMES---

STEELERS vs BROWNS 

RAMS vs  TEXANS (our city really needs the feed of a different NFL team than the inept Texans...😴

LATE GAME---

Tom Brady & the rest of the BUCS vs SAINTS

SNF---

COWBOYS vs Vikes (GO VIKES) 😉

MNF----

GIANTS vs CHIEFS (should be entertaining on the Manning Brothers Show)

And appropriate for a Halloween it looks like SCARY Terry has been removed from the injury report and WILL play in the WFT vs Broncos game! 

31Capture.PNG

Honored Contributor

Injury report---

Washington vs. Broncos injury report Washington Football Team

PlayerPositionInjuryGame Status
William Jackson IIICBKneeQuestionable
Brandon ScherffGKneeQuestionable
Cam SimsWRHamstringQuestionable
Cornelius LucasTIllnessQuestionable
Dyami BrownWRKneeOut
Sam CosmiOLAnkleOut
Curtis SamuelWRGroinOut

Denver Broncos

PlayerPositionInjuryGame Status
Von MillerOLBAnkleQuestionable
Jamar JohnsonSQuadQuestionable
Mike PurcellDLThumbOut
Honored Contributor

Spoiler

The Eagles are up 17-0 after the first half, and it's not even that close. The Lions look horrible.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!