Honored Contributor

Re: Week Eight of the 2020 NFL Regular Season!!!

Both Pederson and Wentz had bad games last night, but we got the win. Doug's playcalling was a mess, and Wentz regressed to his week one and two form. We're averaging something like six plus yards per carry, there's forty-plus mph wind, so we keep trying to throw deep? Uh, no. Just bad play by those two. 

When you look for the positives, the o-line was generally okay. Jordan Mailata whiffed on an early assignment but played better after that. The kid receivers in Fulgham and Reagor showed up. Greg Ward dropped what I think is his first pass drop of the year, but he chose a bad time to do it. Boston Scott ran well. Corey Clement ran okay. The defense did pretty well. We were really having to patch together DB's after Darius Slay went down. The Cowboys threw every trick play they'd ever seen at us, but we kept them at bay most of the game. Not a pretty game, but a win's a win and I'll take it.

We've got the bye now and then in thirteen days the Giants. I'm hoping Doug and his staff get refocused and Carson takes the time off to get his brain working again. We should get a few more guys back for the Giants game, and God willing, start to play better.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman @teganslaw 

I think Wentz needs to change his name to WINCE---cause that's what I did watching him play, he does tend to hang on to the ball too long....as badly as Haskins does.....I couldn't believe how the Eagles played against that poor Dallas D....I know your team has injuries, but you also got some guys back.....maybe the team was just over confidant and thought that they could "phone it in"....or just played down to the level of their competition.....

Here's something that will make you chuckle----

On the late night local Sunday Sports Show the three local guys were evaluating the game and showing the coach and player press conferences. 

After that, one said at least the Cowboy D put forth more effort this week, but even when Dalton comes back their season is done even in the lousy NFC East.....Another concurred and added Cowboy fans should be watching a lot of college football to see which players the Cowboys could get at the top of the 2021 Draft..😄..and maybe they could catch the Jets and be involved in the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes...but another guy said too many teams in that race...The two said the Cowboys need a complete overhaul and they cant afford to pay Dak, Zeke, and Gallup and others due to all the holes they need to fill...they need to perhaps make some trades and get some real players.....

They made fun of the Cowboy's Poe, he was over weight and his performance was poor, yet they chose to play him instead of a younger less experienced player from the practice squad which probably would have been an improvement....they also said the guys that were cut were the "stool pigeons".....but added, they just probably expressed how the whole team is feeling but you dont go whining to the press....Bad decisions by Jerry Jones put them in this position....

But here's the funny part---one guy actually said.... @Patriot3  hang on to your Steeler's jersey...he said he thinks that the Cowboys will actually beat the Steelers next week----the other guys actually asked him on air if he had been drinking....🤣🤣🤣🤣 ( But don't worry @Patriot3 I don't think you have anything to worry about!!! )

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

The reality is that someone has to win the NFC East. so let's look at the schedules to see who has the best shot. 

The Giants play Tampa Bay tonight in what looks like a loss. That will drop them to 1-7. Then they play the WFT. WFT wins? Giants go to 1-8. Then they play the Eagles. Drop to 1-9? Then they play the Bengals, Seahawks, Cardinals, Browns, and Ravens. Eh, I don't see a win there. 1-14? They finish the season against the Cowboys. (Who knows? 1-15 or 2-14? Is each team fighting for a higher draft spot?) So, barring a sudden surge, the Giants aren't winning the NFC East.

On to the Cowboys. Their next two games are against the Steelers and Vikings. The Viking's record isn't great but Dalvin Cook should be able to run for a mile or two against that Cowboy defense. Figure two losses there for a 2-8 record. Then they play the WFT in Dallas. Dalton should be back, not that it's a big improvement. Win? Loss? Tie? We'll give this one to the WFT. 2-9 for the Boys. Then they have the Ravens, Bengals, and Niners. I don't see a win there. So, we're at 2-12. Then the Eagles again. Assuming Wentz has gotten his head squared away or is benched by then, I'll give this to the Eagles dropping Dallas to 2-13. Then they play the Giants in the finale to see who gets the higher draft pick as the two 2-13 teams see which one moves to 2-14 or 3-13. Not a division winner there.

On to the WFT. They're at 2-5 right now. Next up is the Giants and the WFT should win so they'll move to 3-5. Then they've got the Lions and Bengals. Hmmm...hard to say. Could be two losses (especially the Bengals) could be two wins, could be a split. Let's say a split at 1-1 putting the Redskins record at 4-6. Next up are the Cowboys which I gave to the WFT who are now at 5-6.  Then comes the Steelers, Niners, Seahawks. Three losses there so the WFT are now 5-9. Then the Panthers. Rivera will really want to beat the Panthers, but Bridgewater is good and the Panthers are playing decent football. I'll give the edge to the Panthers, so the WFT are now 5-10 heading into their finale against the Eagles. Winner takes the NFC East?

And that brings us to the Eagles schedule. Next up are the Giants for the Eagles after their bye. Should be an Eagles win bumping them up to 4-4-1. Then the Browns. It's a winnable game assuming Carson wakes up at some point. The Eagles? Sure, why not. Now they're 5-4-1. Then come the Seahawks, Packers, Saints, and Cards. Yeah, not likely a win there. 5-9-1. Then the finale against the WFT for the NFC East. 

So, the winner of the NFC East looks like whichever team gets to six wins. Not great. Could a team get to seven or eight wins? If, and this is a huge if given how this year has gone so far, Carson Wentz and Doug Pederson get their heads out of their derrieres, they have the most potential. If they started playing at their best, they could sweep the schedule and finish 11-4-1. Will that happen? I'd be very, very surprised. Happy, but surprised. Both seem to have regressed this year rather than progress. Doug's calling a bad game. Carson's playing a bad game. 

Pros for the Eagles are that they're getting a bit healthier. Isaac Seumalo should be back at left guard fairly soon. Lane Johnson should be back at right tackle soon. There's a good chance the Eagles shift Jason Peters to right guard and slide Jordan Mailata back to left tackle. Brandon Brooks could come back from his torn Achilles in a few more weeks also and be back at right guard. The o-line should get solidified. (Now watch everyone get injured during the bye somehow.) Miles Sanders should be back at starting running back soon. (Hopefully after the bye.) The receivers have really blossomed with Reagor and Fulgham looking like the real deal. Wentz needs to get his head straight and Doug needs to call a better game, but the potential is there for this team to rally and start playing better.

Our greatest weakness right now on offense is Wentz. I don't know where his head is, but it's not where it needs to be. If we can get him playing at a higher level there's not an unwinnable game on the schedule. He just isn't playing well this year though. If Wentz can come out of the bye with whatever his issues are squared away, the Eagles should win the NFC East. If everything goes right they could even win it respectably and not with just six wins. Wentz right now is the problem. Stop turning the ball over and making the game harder than it needs to be.

At this point, Wentz arguably has the best weapons around him he's ever had. He's his own biggest enemy right now. He can be, should be better than this. If he gets his head straight, the NFC East doesn't have to be a laughingstock. I'm just not wildly confident that he will. We'll start to find out in 13 days.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

ravens news.......marlon humphrey tests positive for covid.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

ravens news.......marlon humphrey tests positive for covid.

Wish him well. Hopefully, Humphrey will have no signs of being sick. 

Will this affect the upcoming game between the Ravens and Colts? 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Contributor

An UGLY game but a win is a win! Here We Go Steelers!!!!!

Honored Contributor

In a shocking twist, the Eagles emerged  from yesterday's game with no new major injuries.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt  You said it right: "so who knows"  This is 2020 and ANYTHING is possible (except the Cowboys winning the NFC East)  Ha!

Trusted Contributor

Lets make this Steeler/Cowboy game even more embarrassing for my Boys.

Lets have Big Ben plant his recliner right on his own 30 yr. line and throw

screen pass after screen pass with his feet up,  a cold one in the cup holder

and pizza box in his lap.  That's how easy this game is going to be for him.  

Heck, I may even tune in for that. LOL   Oh, I guess the recliner would have to

be on wheels and someone needs to volunteer to push.

I haven't been watching games, but I tuned in for a while just to see our own

Ben.  I didn't last long once I caught a glimpse of the back of Zeke's helmet.

Seeing the low lights on my local news have been enough to turn my stomach..

This is BAD.....Real BAD.  I think Dallas should keep Ben in there the rest of

the season and see how he developes.....if he doesn't beg for mercy of the bench.

With this OL, he may be thinking of the possibility of 3 QB's up, 3 down.

Scary.

Hope everyone is doing OK.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@yellowrose wrote:

Lets make this Steeler/Cowboy game even more embarrassing for my Boys.

Lets have Big Ben plant his recliner right on his own 30 yr. line and throw

screen pass after screen pass with his feet up,  a cold one in the cup holder

and pizza box in his lap.  That's how easy this game is going to be for him.  

Heck, I may even tune in for that. LOL   Oh, I guess the recliner would have to

be on wheels and someone needs to volunteer to push.

I haven't been watching games, but I tuned in for a while just to see our own

Ben.  I didn't last long once I caught a glimpse of the back of Zeke's helmet.

Seeing the low lights on my local news have been enough to turn my stomach..

This is BAD.....Real BAD.  I think Dallas should keep Ben in there the rest of

the season and see how he developes.....if he doesn't beg for mercy of the bench.

With this OL, he may be thinking of the possibility of 3 QB's up, 3 down.

Scary.

Hope everyone is doing OK.

@yellowrose 

I like your ideas! Woman Very Happy

I'm doing fine after that last WFT game! Smiley Wink I hope you are doing well---we miss you! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”