Honored Contributor

Re: Week NINE of the 2018 NFL Regular Season

@gardenman wrote:

This should be a fun day of football watching. I start out with a choice between the Steelers/Ravens or Redskins/Falcons. At four-ish I get the Saints/Rams, then tonight the Packers/Patriots. All four of those games have lots of potential.

The Steelers/Ravens will be more of a street fight than a football game. Those teams just don't like each other.

The Falcons are absolutely desperate for a win and have a very highly talented passing offense. If the Falcons lose, they'll be 3-5 and well behind both Carolina and the Saints. The Falcons are in "must win" territory here and the Redskins are beatable, but can the Falcons get the win? A Falcons win combined with losses by the Saints and Panthers (both possible) would have the Falcons back in the hunt in the NFC South.

The Saints and Rams are the two best teams in the NFC and likely a preview of the NFC championship game right now. Which team will stake a claim to being the best? 

And tonight the Packers and Patriots meet up with arguably the two best quarterbacks of this generation going head to head. Green Bay desperately needs the win at 3-3-1, but does Rodgers have the talent around him to get it?

On a side note, I've finally got my cable turned back on after five plus months without it due to financial issues from the broken femur, only to find that Comcast has moved the NFL Network into a "Sports Tier" where it would cost me $10 more a month for the NFL Network. Seriously? As much as I like GMFB and Kay Adams, I'm not paying another $10 a month to watch it and her. Oh well, I can still see the video clips of the show on NFL.com.

@gardenman

I have the ULTRA Sports Tier $4.99 a month--

It has the NFL Network, Red Zone,  NBA TV, Fox College Sports (3 networks, Atlantic, Central, Pacific), World Fishing Network, Sportsman Channel, Fantasy Football Channel, MLB Strike Zone,  CBS Sports Network, Trackside Live, Fight Network, Yes Network, GoTV

These are only channels I watch on it:

NFL Network, Red Zone, NBA TV, CBS SportsNetwork.......

So how's your femur doing?

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

This should be a fun day of football watching. I start out with a choice between the Steelers/Ravens or Redskins/Falcons. At four-ish I get the Saints/Rams, then tonight the Packers/Patriots. All four of those games have lots of potential.

The Steelers/Ravens will be more of a street fight than a football game. Those teams just don't like each other.

The Falcons are absolutely desperate for a win and have a very highly talented passing offense. If the Falcons lose, they'll be 3-5 and well behind both Carolina and the Saints. The Falcons are in "must win" territory here and the Redskins are beatable, but can the Falcons get the win? A Falcons win combined with losses by the Saints and Panthers (both possible) would have the Falcons back in the hunt in the NFC South.

The Saints and Rams are the two best teams in the NFC and likely a preview of the NFC championship game right now. Which team will stake a claim to being the best? 

And tonight the Packers and Patriots meet up with arguably the two best quarterbacks of this generation going head to head. Green Bay desperately needs the win at 3-3-1, but does Rodgers have the talent around him to get it?

On a side note, I've finally got my cable turned back on after five plus months without it due to financial issues from the broken femur, only to find that Comcast has moved the NFL Network into a "Sports Tier" where it would cost me $10 more a month for the NFL Network. Seriously? As much as I like GMFB and Kay Adams, I'm not paying another $10 a month to watch it and her. Oh well, I can still see the video clips of the show on NFL.com.

@gardenman

It has the NFL Network, Red Zone,  NBA TV, Fox College Sports (3 networks, Atlantic, Central, Pacific), World Fishing Network, Sportsman Channel, Fantasy Football Channel, MLB Strike Zone,  CBS Sports Network, Trackside Live, Fight Network, Yes Network, GoTV

The leg still feels the same. I see the ortho doc a week from Wednesday for the latest update, but I still feel stuff moving where stuff shouldn't be moving, so I'm not optimistic. I may be able to Forteo to the treatment regimen, but that's still undecided. I'm very, very tired of having a broken femur. It'll be ten months on the eleventh, and that's a lot longer than I expected this to last.  The big concern is that the plate and screws are providing the structure right now, but they don't last forever. If the plate breaks (and they do) then it becomes an emergency situation. If the plate breaks while I'm on stairs, it could be a big problem. Depending on how things go I may be getting more opinions on how best to proceed. We have two hemophilia treatment centers in Philly (Penn and Jeff) that have good ortho teams associated with them (Penn Ortho, and the Rothman Institue) so I may reach out to one, or both, of them for feedback. I'm just tired of the whole thing.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@gardenman

The leg still feels the same. I see the ortho doc a week from Wednesday for the latest update, but I still feel stuff moving where stuff shouldn't be moving, so I'm not optimistic. I may be able to Forteo to the treatment regimen, but that's still undecided. I'm very, very tired of having a broken femur. It'll be ten months on the eleventh, and that's a lot longer than I expected this to last.  The big concern is that the plate and screws are providing the structure right now, but they don't last forever. If the plate breaks (and they do) then it becomes an emergency situation. If the plate breaks while I'm on stairs, it could be a big problem. Depending on how things go I may be getting more opinions on how best to proceed. We have two hemophilia treatment centers in Philly (Penn and Jeff) that have good ortho teams associated with them (Penn Ortho, and the Rothman Institue) so I may reach out to one, or both, of them for feedback. I'm just tired of the whole thing.

@gardenman

Im so sorry to hear about the issue with your femur.  Wishing you the best for a resolution and a complete recovery! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Re: Week 9 of the 2018 NFL Regular Season-Part II

@gardenman

So sorry to read about your femur issues ... sending best wishes.

Honored Contributor

@yellowBeetle wrote:

@gardenman

So sorry to read about your femur issues ... sending best wishes.

I appreciate the good wishes. When I broke the leg back on January eleventh I initially thought it would be four to six weeks. The docs then said ten to twelve weeks. I'm now closing in on ten months and more than a little tired of it. Sadly, it feels the same as it has since I woke up after the surgery.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Gardenman, sorry to hear about your health problems. Sending good vibes to help you heal. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain