Honored Contributor

Re: Week 15 of the 2020 NFL Irregular Season!!!

So much for my hope that the Eagles would start the same o-line two weeks in a row. Rookie right tackle Jack Driscoll has an MCL injury and will miss several weeks. Matt Pryor will be replacing him.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@teganslaw 

I'm happy to report I've mellowed out as a fan. I take losses more in stride these days. In my younger days, a loss would haunt me for days. No one could talk to me. I didn't want to hear anything. I just wanted to win so badly. Now by the end of the game, I'm pretty much over it and moving on. I still get a bit frustrated by bad coaching, bad calls by the officials, and stupid penalties, but they don't have the same power over me they had in the past. Peanut M&Ms pretty much are all I need to recover these days.

@gardenman @teganslaw 

Yep, I'm not a bandwagoner. so many bad times and depressing years...27 yrs since my Redskins won a Super Bowl, soon to be 28 yrs...As a WFT Im just happy for SMALL "victories" like hearing NOTHING about Dan Snyder making personnel decisions or taking his favorite player out to dinner...Dan apparently HAS REALLY left the building and is really letting the football folks run things......then there's firing Bruce Allen-YAY!!!....AND of course SWEEPING THE COWBOYS! (that's our Super Bowl these days) ... 

smileys-cheerleading-755332.gif

....But yes @gardenman  I still get upset over STUPID penalties, bad calls and missed FGS.....My consolation is chips and a really HOT salsa.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw 

Yep, defenses are targeting Terry especially with all the injuries to our RBs and TE...Terry only had 2 receptions against the Steelers, and only 2 against the 49ers......

Chase Young is the real deal...and he is continuing to learn and will get even better.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's a strange signing---backup RB Peyton Baber has an ankle injury and has been limited in practice....As an insurance policy with Gibson's turf  toe and Barber's injury, the WFT has signed RB Lamar Miller....But Miller will not be available this week against the Seahawks, as he will still be in the COVID-19 protocols. Through his first 7 years in the league, with the Texans and Dolphins, Miller rushed for over 800 yards in 5 straight seasons. He’s averaged 4.3 yards per carry over his career. Miller was out of the league in 2019 due to a torn ACL and signed to the Bears’ practice squad in October 2020.

One of my favorite WFT players, the incomparable, Punter Tress Way was once agained named SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK! WTG TRESS! The only WFT/Redskin player to capture the special team award 4 plus times! Woman Very Happy

Starting QB still a question mark for my WFT.....Haskin getting first team reps, but Smith may start...

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know about you all, but right now I would give a

lock of my hair for a bag of peanut M&M's.

Thanks a lot gardenman.Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@yellowrose wrote:

They're my Kryptonite and those evil people at Amazon know it. I'll be ordering something sensible and they'll drop in a reminder that I've bought Peanut M&Ms before and they have a 38 ounce bag for just $8.50. All I have to do is add it to my cart and it'll be there in a day or two. I try to resist, but it's futile. Ah well, such is life.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The Raiders/Chargers game last night turned into a pretty good football game. We got to see Marcus Mariota come in after Carr injured his groin and he played well overall.  The game went deep into overtime before Herbert and the Chargers pulled out the win. The Raiders playoff chances dimmed quite a bit with the loss, but they may now have a QB controversy brewing out there. Mariota looked pretty impressive and he's likely to get a start or two until Carr recovers.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman 

Wow! That was a very different Mariota that we saw from his tenure in Tennessee....  Joe Buck mentioned that Gruden liked Mariota and thats why he brought him to the Raiders....I wouldn't be surprised if next season Gruden jettisoned Carr and went with Mariota as the starter ....and hey I'd take Carr for my team....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

@yellowrose wrote:

They're my Kryptonite and those evil people at Amazon know it. I'll be ordering something sensible and they'll drop in a reminder that I've bought Peanut M&Ms before and they have a 38 ounce bag for just $8.50. All I have to do is add it to my cart and it'll be there in a day or two. I try to resist, but it's futile. Ah well, such is life.

@gardenman 

Isn't that a bit scary and discerning how well Amazon knows you.....😉

-rSHPWnT.png

Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

There's going to be some interesting QB shuffling going on this offseason. Mariota signed a two-year deal with the Raiders for $17+ million. He'll be anchored there for a bit, but Carr could be cast off. Jameis Winston is on a one-year deal with the Saints. Cam Newton's on a one-year deal with the Patriots. Will the Eagles keep both Hurts and Wentz or will one of them be set free? Both Rivers and Brissett will be free agents in Indy. Trubisky will be available. Dak could potentially reach free agency, though I suspect the Cowboys will tag him again. A couple of more young guys are Sudfeld (27) from the Eagles and CJ Beatheard (26) from the Niners. If your team needs a QB, there will be options. I'm not sure how good the options will be, but there will be options. Ryan Fitzpatrick will be available if you can live with his highs and lows.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!