Honored Contributor

Week 15 of the 2020 NFL Irregular Season!!!

We start out this week with the Chargers at the Raiders on Thursday night. The Raiders pretty much have to win out to have a shot at the playoffs, and even that may not be enough. I'll take the Raiders in this one, but the Chargers could give them a good fight.

We have Saturday games! Whoo-hoo! Our first Saturday game features the Bills at the Broncos. The Bills are almost certainly playoff-bound and a win would make them certainly playoff-bound. The Broncos, well, they're looking forward to next year. I'll take the Bills in this one. 

Our Saturday night game features the Panthers at Green Bay. Green Bay has already clinched the NFC North with a four-game lead with three left to play. They're tied with the Saints for that lone first-round playoff bye so they can't really take their foot off the gas just yet. I'll take the Packers in this one.

The Niners head to Dallas to take on one of the NFC Beast teams in the Cowboys. The NFC East got off to a slow start this year, but are 9-6 over the last four weeks for the best divisional record in the whole league over that span. I suspect the NFC Beast will be 9-7 after this game as the Niners running game should be too much for that Dallas defense to handle. I'll take the Niners.

Seattle goes to Washington to take on the nameless WFT. This is a game where the WFT could make a name for themselves. Seattle's not a great road team. They're traveling east for an early game. The WFT are on a four-game winning streak and playing well. But, will Alex Smith be healthy enough to play? They think he will, but calf injuries are one of those things that have an annoying tendency to linger and recur. This is kind of a toss-up game to me, but I'll take Seattle since I need the WFT to lose to give the Eagles a better shot at the division title.

Chicago takes on Minnesota in what looked like a possible playoff preview game earlier in the season, but neither team is now playoff-bound. I don't think either team will be devastated to lose as a loss will move them ahead of the other team in the draft order. I trust Kirk Cousins more than the Trubisky/Foles duo so I'll take the Vikings in this one.

New England goes to Miami in a game to maintain some of the Patriots' pride. Sadly, I don't think the Patriots have got what it takes to pull out the win. I just can't trust Cam Newton. When he's hot he can beat anyone. When he's not, well, he's really not. I'll take the Dolphins. 

Jacksonville goes to Baltimore to maintain their hold on that second overall draft pick. The Ravens should win in a romp. I'll take the Ravens.

Tampa Bay goes to Atlanta. The Bucs are on the cusp of making the playoffs. The Falcons, not so much. Tom Brady is doing enough to get the wins as he adapts to the new system in Tampa and he could be a force come the playoffs. I'll take Tampa in this one.

Detroit goes to Tennessee to get run over by Derrick Henry. I think every AFC playoff team is looking at the Titans and groaning a bit. A tough, physical defense, combined with a pounding ground attack is a tough challenge in the playoffs. I'll take the Titans in this one. They could go far this year in the playoffs. 

Houston goes to Indy. DeShaun Watson is about all that Houston has left on offense and that Indy defense is mighty good. I'll take the Colts in this one.

The Eagles meander out to Arizona to see how well the last two Oklahoma QBs do going against one another. Kyler Murray has a year plus experience over Jalen Hurts and a better receiving corp in DeAndre Hopkins, Larry Fitzgerald, and Christian Kirk. Jalen Hurts has, well, there has to be something that gives him an edge? Hmmm...maybe not. The Eagles' defense will be missing at least two starters in the defensive backfield as Rodney McLeod tore his ACL last week and Avonte Maddox injured his knee also and is out for the game. There's no reason to bet the Eagles will win this game and if I was betting money, I'd avoid this game. But as a fan, I'm picking the Eagles to get the win! (I have no idea how, but hey, that's why I'm a fan.) 

The Jets head west to lose to the Rams. The Jets have the advantage of Jacksonville playing earlier so they should know if they have to lose the game to hold onto that first overall draft pick. If Jacksonville wins their game (highly unlikely, but who knows?) the Jets could actually play to win for once. I'm not sure they could beat the Rams even if they were trying, so I'll take the Rams.

KC goes to New Orleans in a kind of interesting game. The Saints defense is pretty darn good and that KC offense is pretty darn good. I'm betting the Saints defenders are not happy about giving up two one hundred yard rushers to the Eagles of all teams last week. They'll be looking for blood this week. If the Saints dust of Drew Brees and his many, many broken ribs this week (they probably shouldn't) then they'd have a shot. Taysom Hill has not impressed all that much as his replacement. I'll take the Chiefs in this one. It should be a pretty good game though.

The Browns travel to Tear Up Your Knee Field to take on the Giants for the Sunday night game. I'd like to see the Browns continue to play well and beat the Giants, but whenever I count on the Browns to win a game they tend to come up flat. Still, it is a nationally televised game with lots of Baker Mayfield commercials, so maybe, just maybe this time they'll play well. I'll take the Browns in this one.

And finally, we have the Steelers going to Cincy to take on the Bengals for the Monday night game. This one could be over early.  The Steelers are coming off back to back losses and will want to get back to their earlier winning ways. The Bengals, well, without Joe Burrow they're pretty much defanged, declawed, housecats who just want someplace quiet to catch a nap. I'll take the Steelers big in this one.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Week 15 of the 2020 NFL Irregular Season!!!

[ Edited ]

@gardenman @teganslaw 

I was awful on my picks last week 😄 Let's see if I can do better.....

Chargers vs Raiders---- Looks like Jon Gruden fired his DC, his scape goat, for his teams recent nosedive.....The Chargers could be playing to keep their HC's job....This game means more to the RAIDERS so I'm picking them for the WIN! 

Okay which of my friends had the bright idea to schedule a Christmas Party when the NFL has Saturday games! 🤦‍♀️.....

Bills vs Broncos----The Bills are hitting their stride right before the playoffs!  The Bronocs have been putting up a good fight in SOME games but still losing.... I'm picking THE BILLS to continue their winning ways! 

Panthers vs Packers---- The Panthers seemed to have lost their way, their last win was against the Lions....Aaron and the Pack want to get that first round bye in the playoffs--PACKERS all the way! 

49ers vs Cowboys---- Well Jerry Jones and some Cowboy fans think they are back and on their way to the playoffs after their win over the hapless Bengals who were without their promising young QB....The Cowboys have a tough road ahead and must win all of their remaining games and wait for other NFC East teams to lose ....I have a greater chance of winning the Lottery than the Cowboys do in succeeding....Despite injuries, the 49ers are a scappy bunch, they just need to watch the turnovers....of course the Boyz D is no where near as talented as my WFT's defense to take advantage of scoring from 49er mishaps .... So I predict that the 49ers will get the WIN and put an end to the Cowboy's pipe dreams---sorry Jerry! .

Seattle vs THE WFT-----  My WFT is on a roll, our defense has been playing FANTASTIC...creating turnovers and turning them into scores!!!  The young guys have really stepped up and are getting better every week---Here lies our problem---the offense is LOUSY---Alex Smith is our steady captain but his status is uncertain with that calf issue on his repaired leg, and Haskins is a DISASTER.....we also dont know the status of our main RB, Gibson, I hope he can play!!!  OC Scott Turner needs to put Stephen Sims on the bench! He drops too many passes (and that's Stephen I'm talking about, not to be confused with Cam Sims) ....Scary Terry has been seeing double coverage so someone needs to step up----Of course we have our FANTASTIC punter, Tress Way..... The Seahawks are a west coast team traveling east and their defense has been iffy, but has improved a bit....the WFT main goal will be to contain Russell Wilson....  I'm going with my WFT for another WIN and keeping my fingers crossed that both Smith and Gibson will be playing! (both listed as questionable as of this writing)

smileys-cheerleading-755332.gif

Bears vs Vikings---  The Bears woke up from hibernation beating the Texans, but once again Capt Kirk couldnt pull out a win for his Vikings against Tom Brady and the Bucs.....But I don't trust the Bears QBs to be able to pull off a win two weeks in a row....going with the VIKINGS at home!

Patriots vs Dolphins---  The Patriots sure aint what they used to be.....The Dolphins are a much better team---taking the DOLPHINS for the victory! 

Jaguars vs Ravens---  Teams going in opposite direction---one is trying to get in the playoffs, the other is looking forward to the 2021 Draft---RAVENS!

Bucs vs Falcons---  The Bucs need a win to try to make the playoffs, the Falcons are trying to figure out who their HC will be next year....Is this the last year for Matty "Ice" in Atlanta????  Predicting a WIN for Tommy and the gang!-BUCS!

Lions vs Titans---  The Lions lost to the Packers in a hard fought close game....But this week they face a bulldozer in Derrick Henry.....TITANS WIN!

Texans vs Colts--- Gee looks like even DeShaun Watson threw in the towel last week for the Texans.....Meanwhile the Colts are on a roll.....COLTS all the way! 

Eagles vs Cardinals--- Battle of the birds in the desert!!!  The Eagles came to life with Hurts at QB.....and could still win the NFC Least Division...ya never know.... But I think the Cardinals have too many weapons ---a mobile QB in Murray and a WR corp of Hopkins, Fitzgerald, Kirk.....I don't think the Eagles match them in scoring, and the Eagles defense is still pretty good but has been hit with some injuries so I think the Cardinals can wear them down....Going with the CARDINALS for the win (sorry GARDENMAN!)  

Jets vs Rams---RAMS! Why do the Jets even both to travel just phone in a forfeit of the game! 

Chiefs vs Saints--- The Chiefs seem to be getting into Super Bowl form....Meanwhile the Saints need Brees back in the lineup or the Packers could steel that #1 seed and playoff bye.... BUT that's the big question---who will be in at QB, and even if he returns, Brees will be rusty...Taking the CHIEFS for another WIN!  Can any NFL team stop them!!!.....

Browns vs Giants--- The Browns lost a hard fought game against an amazing last minute play by Lamar Jackson, but the Browns are so inconsistent ya never which team will show up from week to week.....Everyone kept saying that the Giant's Daniel Dimes looked hurt, so what the heck was he doing in the lineup then?!?!?!?!? Now the Giants lost their first place Division slot in the NFC Least and need a win to get back into contention.   I'm cheering on THE BROWNS and hoping they will win and push those Giants back from contention for the #1 spot....And with a win I'll even be happy to help Baker back in Cleveland with all his home stadium issues...😉

Steelers vs Bengals----  The Steelers keep falling and looking less and less like a playoff team, but their earlier easy schedule and losses by the Browns have kept the Steelers playoff bound....SMH!!!  Surely they can beat a Bengals team with a bad backup QB and not much else to contend with ....STEELERS!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Come on COWBOYS!!   Lets make it two in a row.

Go down fighting

Honored Contributor

@yellowrose wrote:

Come on COWBOYS!!   Lets make it two in a row.

Go down fighting

@yellowrose 

I admire your spirit and steadfast fandom for your Cowboys

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 

Lamar Jackson was named AFC Offensive Player Of The Week!---and John Harbaugh was calling the Monday Night Game---one of the "greatest in NFL history"....

Ravens coach John Harbaugh and Browns coach Kevin Stefanski spoke briefly after the game, and Harbaugh declared it one of the great games of all time. “Hey, that’s one of the greatest games in history right there. You guys are awesome. Thank you. Maybe we’ll see you in the playoffs, if we can win some games,” Harbaugh said to Stefanski.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched MNF on Game Pass. That was one of the best games I've ever seen! Lamar Jackson deserved AFC offensive Player of the Week.

So Terry McLauren has been double covered? That's the reason he hasn't done so well in fantasy the past couple weeks. If Haskins is the qb week 15, I won't be putting any WFT players in my fantasy lineup. The exception would be defense. BTW, Chase Young is making his mark as DROY. 

Kenny Moore won AFC Defensive Player of the Week honors. He made some great plays. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

@yellowrose 

I admire your spirit and steadfast fandom for your Cowboys

@Spurt  You could direct that comment to any of us here.

We all love our teams.  Thru the good, the mediocre and

the disasatrous.  

Our spirit sure does get tested sometimes.

Honored Contributor

We're all real fans who have lived through the highs and lows of our teams. Sadly, mostly lows. We're not the bandwagon fans who jump on when things are going good and then hop off when they're not. 

Realistically there's very little chance the Eagles win on Sunday, but I'll be glued to my seat, dressed in whatever Eagles gear I haven't designated as unlucky so far this year, and cheering like it's the Super Bowl. I've got some peanut M&Ms standing by to console me after the anticipated loss or celebrate an unexpected win. Then it'll be on to Dallas for next week's game.

It's looking like Giants quarterback Daniel Jones may not play this week. He's added a sprained ankle to his bad hamstring. Multiple ongoing leg injuries can be a wee bit of an issue for a mobile QB.

Doug Pederson is apparently planning to give Alshon Jeffery even more reps this week and give Travis Fulgham even fewer reps. Travis Fulgham's status with the team is weird. He came in and in his first four weeks led the entire NFL in receiving. He made tough catches, got open, did everything you want a receiver to do. Since then he's disappeared. Call me crazy, but I'd kind of focus on the guy given what he did earlier. Leading the NFL in receiving for four weeks straight isn't the easiest thing in the world. That kind of showed the guy has talent. Alshon's gone at the end of the season no matter what, so why waste snaps on him? It's weird.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Rigoberto Sanchez is back at practice already. It's unclear if he'll play Sunday of if he'll need further treatment down the line. It's only been 15 days since his surgery, this is postive sign that things are going well. 

@gardenman , I would think that you need something stronger than M&Ms to get you through this season. Woman LOL At least I would. But whatever is best for you.......

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

I'm happy to report I've mellowed out as a fan. I take losses more in stride these days. In my younger days, a loss would haunt me for days. No one could talk to me. I didn't want to hear anything. I just wanted to win so badly. Now by the end of the game, I'm pretty much over it and moving on. I still get a bit frustrated by bad coaching, bad calls by the officials, and stupid penalties, but they don't have the same power over me they had in the past. Peanut M&Ms pretty much are all I need to recover these days.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!