Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week 15 of the 2019 NFL Regular Season!!!

About MNF, Reich said :We Got it Handed to Us." No Kidding. Brees surpassed Peyton Manning's record of touchdown passes last night. I guess congrats to him. I like Brees; he seems like a good guy, but I'd rather it hadn't happened against Indy.

The offseason will be interesting. I think that Reich's job is safe, but they will have to evaluate the roster. Maybe there will be changes at offensive coordinator.  Will they draft a quarterback? Brissett might not be the long term solution the team needs. The Colts won't make the playoffs, but it would be good to win the next two games and go out 8-8 instead of a losing record.

Josh Gordon is suspended once again for peds abuse. I don't understand why teams keep signing him. Gordon has talent, but just can't stay out of trouble. Maybe his time in Seattle is limited after this. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Brissett was inaccurate last night. He had receivers open, but missed them. One of the weird things about NFL starting quarterbacks during the regular season is that they typically don't get a chance to fix any mechanical or footwork flaws. Those fixes have to come in the offseason. QB's have so much to do in a typical week that they don't really have the time available to focus on technical flaws. Whether they keep Brissett or move on will likely come down to his willingness to invest the time, money, and effort into fixing his flaws.

Many if not most NFL starting QB's hire QB guru's to help them fix any mechanical or footwork issues in the early offseason. Guys like Tom House and Jordan Palmer will be kept very busy over the next few months rebuilding guys to improve their accuracy, arm strength, footwork, and other issues. Even Tom Brady gets help in the offseason. If Brissett is willing to work with a guy to improve his game, he could hang around. He's big, strong, has a good arm, generally makes good reads, is smart, but just needs to fix the accuracy part of his game.

Once OTA's start it's almost too late to work on those issues with the starter. If a coach sees something obvious, he'll raise it and they'll try to work on it, but things move too quickly in the OTA's, minicamps, and training camp to rebuild a QB. That's something that has to happen in January, February, March and early April, with thousands of throws done correctly so it becomes muscle memory, then reinforced in the OTA's and minicamps/training camp. If Brissett is willing to invest the time, money, and energy into making himself better, he's likely to hang around for at least one more year.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

All I can say is watrch out....the Redskin's QB Haskins will soon be breaking records, yes even Bucs QB Jameis Winston's records for the MOST TURNOVERS by a QB.....that last play of tossing the football which resulted in an Eagle player recovering it and going in for a TD...instead of just taking the sack .....WHAT A BONEHEAD PLAY!!!  .... Woman Frustrated  After just six starts that's 6 Fumbles and 7 interceptions for the games he has started.... Woman Tongue

Winston has now thrown 78 interceptions and lost 22 fumbles in his five-year career, and his total of 100 turnovers is easily the most of any NFL player since Winston entered the league in 2015.  And Haskin looks to be on pace to break these stats looking towards the future....

It will be interesting to see what the Bucs end up doing with Winston....his passing yds can be impressive but this interceptions and fumbles just contribute to games lost.....Watch he will end up being Haskins backup since it looks like McCoy will be gone ....And Keenum will be a unrestricted free agent in 2020....Winston sounds like a Bruce Allen move especially with Bruce Allen's Tampa Bay ties....Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On that final play, Haskins had a big problem. A hail mary was called that takes time to execute, but the Eagles threw an all-out blitz at him. The Redskins did a pretty good job of blocking it up, but little Avonte Maddox came through unblocked and glued himself to Haskins preventing him from throwing the ball. His only real choice was to either take the sack and accept the loss, or pitch the ball and hope for a miracle. He opted for the one in a thousand chance that something good could happen and pitched the ball, only to lose that gamble.

Haskins was standing about seven yards deep and an unblocked rusher moving at the snap eats up those seven yards in a blink. Haskins truly had no real choice. He couldn't shake off Maddox to throw the ball and he was left with little to no other option but to keep the ball in play however he could. I don't mind a guy taking a longshot chance to avoid a loss. It didn't work, but it was his only chance to still win. He did whatever he could to try and avoid the loss.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman  @yellowrose 

Here's ProFootball Talk (NBC Sports NFL Power Rankings) and what they say about the Cowboys/Eagles match coming up....LOL

13. Cowboys (7-7; No. 18): The Cowboys are the kid who finally gets straight A’s after several report cards full of D’s, with the vague promise of more D’s to come.

14. Eagles (7-7; No. 16): If the Eagles lose at home to Dallas, they’ll be throwing more than snowballs at Santa.

So GARDENMAN If the Eagle fans lost, what will the Eagles fans throw?Smiley Wink 

And YELLOWROSE--- Will the Cowboy fans "throw" Garrett out of Dallas???? Smiley Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

The Cowboys will be entering hostile, very hostile territory on Sunday. The 4:30 start time gives the fanbase a bit more time to get fired up. (Well, fueled up might be more appropriate.) It'll be fun to see how excited the fans are. If you're a Cowboy player, I'd recommend keeping your helmet on, even when on the bench.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I won't be able to watch the game....that could be a good thing.

Unless the Eagle fans turn on their team. I would hate to miss that.

There will be no early tossing out of Garrett.  The time for that

should had been after the Jets game.

This is my last time to check in here until after Christmas,

so want to wish everyone a Happy Holiday.

MERRY CHRISTMAS  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@yellowrose wrote:

I won't be able to watch the game....that could be a good thing.

Unless the Eagle fans turn on their team. I would hate to miss that.

There will be no early tossing out of Garrett.  The time for that

should had been after the Jets game.

This is my last time to check in here until after Christmas,

so want to wish everyone a Happy Holiday.

MERRY CHRISTMAS  Woman Happy

@yellowrose 

WISHING YOU AND YOURS A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!! 

s-l300.jpg

Honored Contributor

Interesting. I'd been assuming the Dak Prescott injury report was just fluff designed to throw off the Eagles preparation for the game, but pro sports doc says he's looked at the film of the Dallas game and there was a play where Dak landed on his elbow in such a way as to bruise his rotator cuff, but not tear it. He says it's iffy that the Cowboys can get the swelling down enough to have Dak ready to play effectively. With Cooper Rush as the backup they really need Dak. Cooper has only thrown three passes in his NFL career, and only completed one of them, so if Dak can't go, things look a lot better for the Eagles. It'll be interesting to see what the injury reports are up to game time.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Tom Coughlin went against NFLPA regulations by fining players for not attending rehab. There were numerous grievances filed against the Jaguars organization apparently caused by Coughlin. Locker room issues also. The owner had enough and decided to fire him.

So watch Cooper Rush lead the Cowboys through the playoffs. I don't know if the game is televised in my area. It should be interesting.

Jacoby Brissett was chosen as an alternate for the ProBowl. I am a bit surprised as he hasn't played well the last couple games. It's amusing, though, that Brissett could end up in the ProBowl and Brady was completely overlooked. Woman LOL

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain