Trusted Contributor

Re: Week 15 of the 2019 NFL Regular Season!!!

@Txblond   BLONDIE....I haven't seen you in forever.

So nice to see you.

Yep, it was good to see THE Dallas Cowboys show up.

I don't know who lit a fire under them, but I sure hope they

have a big supply of matches on hand.

I actually got a little teary eyed (so stupid) seeing them play

with heart and determination, which has so been missing.

On the other hand, it makes me a little angry knowing they CAN

play a good game, yet we're 7-7.  This team drives me batty.

Super Contributor

@yellowrose wrote:

So nice to see you.

Rosie -  Agree with what you said.  Keep fingers crossed.  The G-man forgets about all the boo boo that Wentz makes - lo!!

Right G-Man??

Esteemed Contributor

The Rams-Cowboys game was like last year's Superbowl. The Rams couldn't get anything going. Dallas has the talent; they just need to use that talent in the next couple games. 

The Bills-Steelers game was entertaining. Neither QB played well, and there were too many turnovers and fumbles. I thought that Pittsburgh was going to send the game into overtime, then Hodges threw the interception. Congrats to Buffalo!  Their defense won the game. 

I don't have ESPN so won't be able to watch the Colts on TV. I'll be following the game on the NFL website. After some of the upsets yesterday, maybe Indy can pull out a win. Nothing is guaranteed this far in the season. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@gardenman @yellowrose  @Txblond  @teganslaw 

Okay y'all if the Cowboys end up winning the NFL Least, and the Cowboys are in the playoffs do you think Jerrah will change his mind and decide to keep Jason Garrett as coach?????????????

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Txblond wrote:

@yellowrose wrote:

So nice to see you.

Rosie -  Agree with what you said.  Keep fingers crossed.  The G-man forgets about all the boo boo that Wentz makes - lo!!

Right G-Man??

Wentz's big issue is fumbles.  He's a little too prone to holding onto the ball too long waiting for a guy to get open. He rarely throws interceptions, but in some ways interceptions are better than fumbles as they happen down the field instead of in the backfield. I'm hoping he gets better at that. Dak is less prone to fumbling, but more prone throwing the interception. On that first drive of the game against the Rams, Dak threw two balls that could have/should have been picks, but the Rams didn't make the plays. You can't miss those picks if you're going to beat the Cowboys.

It's going to be a fun (scary) game next Sunday.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman @yellowrose  @Txblond  @teganslaw 

Okay y'all if the Cowboys end up winning the NFL Least, and the Cowboys are in the playoffs do you think Jerrah will change his mind and decide to keep Jason Garrett as coach?????????????

I have no idea what JJ will do.  Could he keep Garrett? Yeah. Should he? Probably not. Will he? God only knows. I suspect a lot will depend on who's still available. Coaches will start getting signed pretty quickly, and Urban Meyer looks like he might be going to DC to reunite with Haskins, McLaurin. That would take one coaching prospect out of the pool. I think JJ would want an impact/name coach this time around. Lincoln Riley could be a targeted coach, but he'll be very popular. Does JJ want to overpay a guy? Probably not. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out. The NFC East could see three new head coaches next year.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Dak's finger boo boo may have been causing him to be off on some throws

and I don't think Cooper has fully recovered from his injury a few weeks back.

No No NO - No matter what, Jerry will not keep Garrett.  I know he doesn't want to fire Jason and he doesn't have to, Garretts contract just runs out and everyone goes on

their merry way. 

I've read some things that makes me think Urban Meyer wouldn't be

interested in coaching Wash, but who knows.  Only UM himself.

And money can change one's mind.

Honored Contributor

Terrell Suggs had threatened to retire if anyone but Baltimore claimed him, so the Chiefs claimed him. It's kind of a win/win for KC. If he'll play for them they get a good pass rusher. If he retires, they keep him away from Baltimore who they're likely to face in the playoffs and weaken Baltimore.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Terrell Suggs had threatened to retire if anyone but Baltimore claimed him, so the Chiefs claimed him. It's kind of a win/win for KC. If he'll play for them they get a good pass rusher. If he retires, they keep him away from Baltimore who they're likely to face in the playoffs and weaken Baltimore.

most of our sports analysts here in town said that baltimore probably DOESNT want him at this time. the ravens have a groove going and a good offense AND defense. they all said  why would they want to bring him in at this point other than for reasons of "nostalgia?" it could easily upset the apple cart.

of course, he has TONS of fans here and always fun to watch.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

Around our town Lamar is known as Houdini or Lamarvelous!!

Maybe the Ravens will take Suggs back, then he can retire as a Raven, if he wants to.

@Shelbelle......you also forgot LAMARKABLE. Smiley Wink

i also like calling him LJACK.

my future son in law wanted something from his apparel line. his website is completely sold out.

#nobodycaresworkharder

#bigtruss

#thenorthisnotenough

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein