Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week 15 of the 2019 NFL Regular Season!!!

KC Chiefs fan here, excited about big lead in 4th inning. However, kudos to Drew Lock - Denver quarterback. He's from my hometown and his family owns a couple of restaurants. Great people. Drew's a good 'kid.' Loving Patrick Mahomes, KC QB -- but also wishing a good and healthy year for Drew. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Whew! What a game! The Eagles pulled it out though. A ballsy call by the Eagles coming with an all-out blitz for the hail mary, but it worked.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Whew! What a game! The Eagles pulled it out though. A ballsy call by the Eagles coming with an all-out blitz for the hail mary, but it worked.

@gardenman 

CONGRATS on the WIN Gardenman!!! At least my Redskins gave y'all a game.... BUT mistakes were the difference in this game---several by Haskins, several dropped passes from WR Sims, defense failed to tackle on some plays....and Josh Norman was asleep (he was just a sub and he's going to be long gone soon!).......And the good thing about the Eagles win is you are still battlin the Cowboys for the NFC East crown---GO GET 'EM! Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Yes, I'm a Giant fan and I'm crying. Eli Manning is one of the good guys, and I'm so glad he got a proper send off . ❤️❤️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Yes, I'm a Giant fan and I'm crying. Eli Manning is one of the good guys, and I'm so glad he got a proper send off . ❤️❤️

@QVCkitty1 

My sister is a Giant's fan and an Eli fan too...she was sooooo happy for Eli..... CONGRATS!

Now my team, the Redskins, and her team, the Giants are tied for LAST PLACE in the NFC LEAST---LOL! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Texans win.  Wish they would had played for a 1st down in the last two minutes rather

than getting conservative....3 up 3 down.  But it's a win.

I don't know much about Urban Meyer other than what I read.  Good college coach

with questionable character.   He's been on my Do Not Hire list.

Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

We start out this week with the Jets at the Ravens. This should be a pretty easy win for the Ravens, but you never know. I'll take the Ravens in this one.

The Eagles (what's left of them anyway) go to Washington to take on the Redskins. Alshon Jeffery is done for the year and Nelson Agholor may also be out, so our wide receivers for this game could be a few guys we found playing catch in the parking lot before the game. The Eagles could use a blowout win to build some momentum heading into next week's game with Dallas, but blowout wins seem a thing of the past. I'm picking the Eagles for the win, but it won't be easy and likely won't be pretty.

The Texans take on the Titans. A few weeks back the Texans seemed to be cruising to the AFC South title, now they find themselves in a dogfight for it. The Titans are on a bit of a roll right now behind Tannehill and I suspect they'll eke out the win this week also. It should be a very good game though.

The Dolphins take on the Giants in a move to knock the Giants out of that second overall draft spot. I don't see it happening. I'll take the Dolphins in this one.

The Bears take on the Packers in a do-or-die game for the Bears. A loss pretty much knocks them out of the playoffs. Both teams are on a bit of a roll and playing well. It should be another good game, but I'm taking the Packers in this one.

The Patriots are at the Bengals. As you've probably heard by now, the Patriots were caught shooting video of the Bengals coaches giving signals and then the plays that resulted. Of course, the Patriots insist it was all just a big old misunderstanding and no harm was intended. Yeah, right. The league is likely to have a different view of the matter. The Patriots aren't playing especially well this year, but even without cheating, they should beat the Bengals. Expect to see the league punish the Patriots rather harshly for this latest video mishap.

The Seahawks take on the Panthers. The Seahawks should win fairly easily. It is an early, east coast game for them which isn't their strong suit, but the Panthers are more or less rolling over and playing dead now. I'll take the Seahawks.

The Buccaneers are at the Lions. The Bucs are playing reasonably well lately. Jameis Winston is throwing lots of touchdown passes. Of course, he's also throwing lots of interceptions. The Lions could have an interesting offseason. I'll take the Bucs.

The Broncos are at the Chiefs. The Broncos may have just found their QB at long last. Drew Lock, now that they've finally dusted him off and put him on the field, looks pretty good. It probably won't be enough to beat the Chiefs, but finding the QB is important. I'll take the Chiefs.

The Jaguars are at the Raiders. These are two franchises going in opposite directions right now. The Jags are in a bit of a freefall and likely to see wholesale changes this offseason while the Raiders are moving in the right direction. I'll take the Raiders. Expect to see Nick Foles dangled for whatever the Jags can get for him. Nick's a great guy, but a highly variable QB. He can be great, but he can also be awful. Catch him on a good cycle and he can stand toe-to-toe with any QB in the league. On a bad cycle, he can't beat a good pee wee team.

The Browns are at the Cardinals. The Browns aren't nearly as good as I thought they'd be this year and the Cardinals aren't as bad as I feared they'd be this year. Still, the Browns are better than the Cards right now. I'll take the Browns. The Browns have to figure out what to do with OBJ this offseason. He wants out of Cleveland and would seemingly prefer to land in Dallas or New Orleans. Dallas could let Amari Cooper leave and bring in OBJ to replace him, but we'll have to see. OBJ and Michael Thomas getting balls thrown to them by Drew Brees is pretty scary to the rest of the league. I'll take Cleveland in this game.

The Vikings take on the Chargers. The Chargers are not fully charged this year. I'll take the Vikings. Kirk Cousins is another high variable QB and he flipped the switch to the good Kirk Cousins for the Eagles game a while back and hasn't flipped it back to the bad Kirk Cousins since. 

The Falcons are at the Niners. The Falcons are having two back to back bad seasons and that's generally bad news for a team. Expect some pretty big changes in Atlanta this offseason. The Niners should win this one in a romp.

The Rams are at Dallas. The Rams are playing good football now. They've unleashed Todd Gurley and are letting him run wild. They know they need to win out to make the playoffs, so no sense in holding anyone back and preserving them for the playoffs if you don't make the playoffs. The Cowboys, well, they seem to have issues. They've stayed relatively healthy all year, but haven't performed at a high level most of the year. They know they can lose to the Rams and still win the East by winning next week in Philly, but do they want to go into Philly on a four-game losing streak and needing to win? I've got the Rams winning this one. I've got a feeling it could be a very one-sided game also. That Ram defense is apt to take a few of Dak's bone-headed throws (he makes three or four a game) and turn them into defensive touchdowns. I'm taking the Rams.

The Bills are at the Steelers. The Steelers are starting quarterback number seven hundred or so now I believe, but still winning football games and staying in the playoff hunt somehow. I don't know how they're doing it, but kudos to them. They're pretty firmly in the wild card hunt as are the Bills. This should be a fun game to watch. I'm going to give the slightest possible edge to the Bills in this one even though the Steelers are favored.

And finally, we have the Colts at the Saints. The Colts are in a bit of a freefall right now and the Saints are just on cruise control and waiting for the playoffs to start. I'm going with the big upset here and picking the Colts. The Colts are by far the more desperate team. They're two games behind the leaders with three to play while the Saints are four games up with three to play. Desperation is a powerful motivator. The Colts are the more desperate team. The Colts can't fall three behind with two to play. That math just doesn't work for them. I'm taking the Colts in a big upset.

My beloved Chiefs won!!!!...what a game..it snowed the entired time...they were sliding all over the place..they definitely earned their money today! Mahomes is precious!!!! 

@gardenman wrote:

We start out this week with the Jets at the Ravens. This should be a pretty easy win for the Ravens, but you never know. I'll take the Ravens in this one.

The Eagles (what's left of them anyway) go to Washington to take on the Redskins. Alshon Jeffery is done for the year and Nelson Agholor may also be out, so our wide receivers for this game could be a few guys we found playing catch in the parking lot before the game. The Eagles could use a blowout win to build some momentum heading into next week's game with Dallas, but blowout wins seem a thing of the past. I'm picking the Eagles for the win, but it won't be easy and likely won't be pretty.

The Texans take on the Titans. A few weeks back the Texans seemed to be cruising to the AFC South title, now they find themselves in a dogfight for it. The Titans are on a bit of a roll right now behind Tannehill and I suspect they'll eke out the win this week also. It should be a very good game though.

The Dolphins take on the Giants in a move to knock the Giants out of that second overall draft spot. I don't see it happening. I'll take the Dolphins in this one.

The Bears take on the Packers in a do-or-die game for the Bears. A loss pretty much knocks them out of the playoffs. Both teams are on a bit of a roll and playing well. It should be another good game, but I'm taking the Packers in this one.

The Patriots are at the Bengals. As you've probably heard by now, the Patriots were caught shooting video of the Bengals coaches giving signals and then the plays that resulted. Of course, the Patriots insist it was all just a big old misunderstanding and no harm was intended. Yeah, right. The league is likely to have a different view of the matter. The Patriots aren't playing especially well this year, but even without cheating, they should beat the Bengals. Expect to see the league punish the Patriots rather harshly for this latest video mishap.

The Seahawks take on the Panthers. The Seahawks should win fairly easily. It is an early, east coast game for them which isn't their strong suit, but the Panthers are more or less rolling over and playing dead now. I'll take the Seahawks.

The Buccaneers are at the Lions. The Bucs are playing reasonably well lately. Jameis Winston is throwing lots of touchdown passes. Of course, he's also throwing lots of interceptions. The Lions could have an interesting offseason. I'll take the Bucs.

The Broncos are at the Chiefs. The Broncos may have just found their QB at long last. Drew Lock, now that they've finally dusted him off and put him on the field, looks pretty good. It probably won't be enough to beat the Chiefs, but finding the QB is important. I'll take the Chiefs.

The Jaguars are at the Raiders. These are two franchises going in opposite directions right now. The Jags are in a bit of a freefall and likely to see wholesale changes this offseason while the Raiders are moving in the right direction. I'll take the Raiders. Expect to see Nick Foles dangled for whatever the Jags can get for him. Nick's a great guy, but a highly variable QB. He can be great, but he can also be awful. Catch him on a good cycle and he can stand toe-to-toe with any QB in the league. On a bad cycle, he can't beat a good pee wee team.

The Browns are at the Cardinals. The Browns aren't nearly as good as I thought they'd be this year and the Cardinals aren't as bad as I feared they'd be this year. Still, the Browns are better than the Cards right now. I'll take the Browns. The Browns have to figure out what to do with OBJ this offseason. He wants out of Cleveland and would seemingly prefer to land in Dallas or New Orleans. Dallas could let Amari Cooper leave and bring in OBJ to replace him, but we'll have to see. OBJ and Michael Thomas getting balls thrown to them by Drew Brees is pretty scary to the rest of the league. I'll take Cleveland in this game.

The Vikings take on the Chargers. The Chargers are not fully charged this year. I'll take the Vikings. Kirk Cousins is another high variable QB and he flipped the switch to the good Kirk Cousins for the Eagles game a while back and hasn't flipped it back to the bad Kirk Cousins since. 

The Falcons are at the Niners. The Falcons are having two back to back bad seasons and that's generally bad news for a team. Expect some pretty big changes in Atlanta this offseason. The Niners should win this one in a romp.

The Rams are at Dallas. The Rams are playing good football now. They've unleashed Todd Gurley and are letting him run wild. They know they need to win out to make the playoffs, so no sense in holding anyone back and preserving them for the playoffs if you don't make the playoffs. The Cowboys, well, they seem to have issues. They've stayed relatively healthy all year, but haven't performed at a high level most of the year. They know they can lose to the Rams and still win the East by winning next week in Philly, but do they want to go into Philly on a four-game losing streak and needing to win? I've got the Rams winning this one. I've got a feeling it could be a very one-sided game also. That Ram defense is apt to take a few of Dak's bone-headed throws (he makes three or four a game) and turn them into defensive touchdowns. I'm taking the Rams.

The Bills are at the Steelers. The Steelers are starting quarterback number seven hundred or so now I believe, but still winning football games and staying in the playoff hunt somehow. I don't know how they're doing it, but kudos to them. They're pretty firmly in the wild card hunt as are the Bills. This should be a fun game to watch. I'm going to give the slightest possible edge to the Bills in this one even though the Steelers are favored.

And finally, we have the Colts at the Saints. The Colts are in a bit of a freefall right now and the Saints are just on cruise control and waiting for the playoffs to start. I'm going with the big upset here and picking the Colts. The Colts are by far the more desperate team. They're two games behind the leaders with three to play while the Saints are four games up with three to play. Desperation is a powerful motivator. The Colts are the more desperate team. The Colts can't fall three behind with two to play. That math just doesn't work for them. I'm taking the Colts in a big upset.

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jeanlake wrote:

KC Chiefs fan here, excited about big lead in 4th inning. However, kudos to Drew Lock - Denver quarterback. He's from my hometown and his family owns a couple of restaurants. Great people. Drew's a good 'kid.' Loving Patrick Mahomes, KC QB -- but also wishing a good and healthy year for Drew. 

I LOVE Patrick Mahomes too!!!!!!!! 

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Super Contributor

Looks like the Cowboys came to life in a big way at least for one game!

On another note - the day Trump buys the Cowboys will be the day I stop watching.Let the Patriots do the cheating.

Hi there Yellowrose!

Honored Contributor

The playoff picture is getting a bit more focused. On the NFC side, the winner of the NFC West will likely come down to the week 17 meeting between the Niners and the Seahawks. Whichever team wins that game will likely represent the west and be the number one seed. The loser will be the wildcard and the fifth seed. The NFC East will likely be determined this coming Sunday between the Eagles and Cowboys. A Cowboy win wraps up the East and the fourth seed for them. A win by the Eagles gives them the lead, but then they'd have to win in week 17 against the Giants or have the Cowboys lose to the Redskins to clinch it. The Vikings will likely be the other wildcard unless they lose their final two games and the Rams win both. The Packers could fall into the wildcard spot if they lose their final two and the Vikings win their final two.

On the AFC side, the Chiefs and Ravens have locked up their division crowns. The Patriots and Bills have locked up a playoff spot, but who wins the division and who's the wildcard is still up for grabs. The second wildcard slot comes down to the second-place team in the AFC South (Texans or Titans) and the Steelers. The Steelers are currently clinging to that spot and could lock it up by winning out.

This coming Sunday's games will be pretty intense. The Cowboys come to Philly in a really big game for me. If the Eagles could ever string together a complete game on offense and defense, we'd be pretty good, but lately, either the offense or the defense plays well, but not both.  Yesterday the Eagles defense made Dwayne Haskins and the Redskins look like a playoff team. We'll need a complete game this coming week to beat the Cowboys then a very nerve-wracking week 17 game against the Giants to wrap up the division. Had Nelson Agholor caught all three of the three game-winning passes thrown his way earlier in the year, this game wouldn't matter, but his three crucial drops have put the Eagles in a must-win mode.

The kids the Eagles have brought up to replace our many, many injured guys have stepped up and played well. Greg Ward played especially well yesterday. Wide receiver Robert Davis, another kid we elevated this past week, also reportedly played well and got open consistently, but never got a pass thrown his way due to his being a later read. Hopefully, the coaches reevaluate the read order and elevate him above some of the lesser performing guys.

The Cowboys played well yesterday, but the Rams helped them. On that first Cowboy drive, Dak Prescott threw two interceptable balls that the Rams didn't catch. Had the Rams caught one of those balls, it might have stopped the Cowboy's momentum and altered the outcome of that game. Dak Prescott makes a few bone-headed throws each game. The Eagles can't afford to do what the Rams did and not take advantage of those throws.

The Eagles pass rush went dormant yesterday. They got virtually no pressure on Dwayne Haskins the whole game. That was a patched-together offensive line for the Redskins and the Eagles only really hit him on the last play of the game when they sent an all-out blitz and Avonte Maddox got to him and forced the fumble/backward pitch from Haskins that Nigel Bradham recovered. That pass rush has to be there on Sunday and pressure Dak. The Eagles need to find that defense that held the Seahawks and Patriots to seventeen points again. Since then we've given up 31 to the Dolphins, 17 to the Giants and 27 to the Redskins. The intensity has not been there on the defensive side of the ball.

Just two weeks left to go in the regular season and then the playoffs start. I'm not sure there is an absolute lock for the Super Bowl this year. It should be fun to watch who emerges.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!