Honored Contributor

Re: Week 10 of the 2020 NFL Regular Season!!!

@Spurt 

A lot of times the teams don't have a say as they're tenants instead of owners. The Eagles field is generally good, but they have a sod farm in South Jersey that grows sod specifically for them. The stadium was built with heated coils under the soil to keep the grass active and growing. They even have a greenhouse like plastic film they can cover the field with and inflate it with warm air to keep the grass growing. Artificial turf fields aren't necessarily cheaper. Losing a guy like Saquon cancels out any savings pretty quickly.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@Spurt 

A lot of times the teams don't have a say as they're tenants instead of owners. The Eagles field is generally good, but they have a sod farm in South Jersey that grows sod specifically for them. The stadium was built with heated coils under the soil to keep the grass active and growing. They even have a greenhouse like plastic film they can cover the field with and inflate it with warm air to keep the grass growing. Artificial turf fields aren't necessarily cheaper. Losing a guy like Saquon cancels out any savings pretty quickly.

@gardenman 

Part of Fed Ex's problem is that they will book a big event right before games like concerts, soccer games, monster jam car shows--which they even advertise "watch trucks and drivers tear up the dirt at FedEx (LOL).....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

It's game day! The Eagles go to the Giants for my early game today. The Eagles are about the healthiest they've been all year. We're only down two starters on the offensive line, one tight end, and one wide receiver on offense. We're still a linebacker or two short on defense and missing a corner and safety, but all in all, this is the healthiest we've been in forever. (We've been missing as many as nine starters on offense with only Wentz and Kelce still around in several games, so only missing three or four starters is a big improvement.)

The Eagles are coming off a bye which would have been great in the Andy Reid era, but somehow in the Doug Pederson era byes aren't as helpful. We tend to start out sluggish after a bye now. I'm hoping that doesn't happen today. Alshon Jeffery finally finds the field again today after being out since last December with a broken foot. I'm not sure how much he'll see the field today since the kids are playing pretty well. 

The Giants' DBs are a bit beat up which could help the Eagles offense. Travis Fulgham, our young wide receiver has been something of a revelation. Since he got elevated and started he's been among the league leaders in terms of performance. He was cut by both Green Bay and Detroit, but he's become a star here. Darius Slay practiced against him in Detroit which may be how he ended up here. The Eagles front office asks incoming players who's good on the teams they left and I suspect Slay suggested getting the kid if he became available. He started out on the practice squad working with the scout team and the scout team QBs (Hurts and Sudfeld) soon realized he was the best receiver on the team and encouraged the team to elevate him. They did and he's excelled. Carson Wentz trusts him and gets him the ball. 

Jalen Reagor is also back along with Dallas Goedert, so Wentz has some real weapons for a change. Miles Sanders is back as the lead running back, though Boston Scott is somehow the Giants killer. In recent Giants games, it's been Scott who killed them. That gives him something of a mental edge against the Giants. A lot of football gets played between the earholes and Scott is in a good place between the earholes when he plays the Giants.

The weather for the game should be okay. It will be a bit windy and possibly rainy, but the heavy rain and really bad wind is supposed to arrive after four, so most of the game should be manageable. Fifty and sixty mile per hour gusts are forecast for later today, but after the game. Winds at game time should be in the ten to twenty mile per hour range. Pretty windy, but not horrible. It would be wise to get way ahead early and then not have to worry about the wind and rain coming later.

Game two here will be the Seahawks and Rams. The Rams really need the win. Then we wrap up tonight with the Ravens and Patriots. The Patriots will need Cam Newton to be having a good night, and Cam is highly unpredictable. If the good Cam shows up, it could be a good game. If not, look for a Ravens rout.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman  @teganslaw 

GAME DAY!!!---Aren't y'all glad the NFL took a chance and decided to have a season despite the pandemic.....

YAY NFL....their plan seems to be working and we get to watch NFL football! smileys-cheerleading-755332.gif

Our games....

EARLY GAMES---

Bills vs Cardinals ----Should be a great game.....

Texans vs Browns----  Will the Browns ever live up to the level of their talent???  Texans are in a "stand by mode" just waiting for a real GM to take the wheel next year and put talent back on the roster that Bill O'Brien depleted...and there's the head coach decision....?????..

LATE GAME---

49ers vs Saints---well it looked like a barn burner when the schedule came out but with all the 49er injuries this could be a snooze fest....The only thing to look forward to on a game that could be out of control early is Mark Schlereth will be one of the announcers....(I miss Mark ---I used to enjoy him when he used to appear on the old ESPN Mike & Mike Show...😥)

SNF---

Ravens vs Patriots---Patriots aint what they used to be....Ouch!!

MNF---

Vikings vs Bears--- wonder where Foles and Kirk will be next season.....hmmmmmm

The Vikings are in a pickle......Things get tricky next year. If they were to cut Cousins they will have to cut him a check for $21 million, basically meaning they paid an extra $31 million for whatever performance you are getting on the field this year. In my mind that kind of mistake puts you as a GM on the chopping block with ownership no matter what your track record is. However if they do not cut him by the 3rd day of the league year then his 2022 salary will become fully guaranteed. That salary is worth $35 million......

The cost to cut Cousins on the salary cap in 2021 is $41 million, $10 million higher than Cousins $31 million salary cap figure. The Vikings already project to be about $14 million over the cap after futures signings so that would push them to $24 million over. No salary figures would be left for Cousins in 2022 if cut this way.

And what will the Bears do about their QB position.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

The Vikings would love to trade Cousins. That would solve a lot of their problems. Who would take him? Back to DC? The Colts? The Jets and Jags will take a kid. Cousins was pretty good against the Eagles when Frank Reich was OC here. It could be a fit. He might be the best, cheap in terms of pick, option for the Colts. The Colts could probably get him for a sixth. Then what do the Vikings do for a QB? DC would come down to Rivera believing they could manage Cousin's personality. Cousins isn't so much a team first kind of guy.

Alshon Jeffrey is suddenly a very lean receiver. It'll be interesting to see how that impacts him. Will he be faster? He's been a bigger receiver in Philly, but he's lean now. Is he trying to keep up with the fast kids on the Eagles? Speed hasn't been his game in Philly. He's been more of a big, possession guy. If he's got some speed back, he could surprise the Giants DBs. Alshon running wild could be fun.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

WOW--- I cant believe it---they switched our game to the Bucs/Pathers because of a severe storm ---wind, rain, lightning etc game was delayed......I was looking forward to the Texans/Browns---they went retro with the announcers---Matt Millen and ****** Stockton......

And CBS went with the Masters Golf Tournament....

But they are putting on the Bills/Cardinals as the late game opposite the Saints/49ers game on Fox.....Im glad about that Ill watch the Bills/Cards...

Guess I'll watch Red Zone for awhile...already looks bad for my WFT...Lions just ran through them like butter... Smiley Sad 

Honored Contributor

The Eagles are off to their classic slow post-bye start. The offensive line is porous today with both guards playing poorly. Nate Herbig didn't get the start at guard because of a bad finger. (I've never heard of a lineman not playing because of a finger, but whatever.) Jason Kelce is oddly bouncing his snaps off his inner thigh which is giving Wentz fits as the ball is off target coming back to him. The defense started out slowly but seems to be adjusting. We need the offense to wake up from the bye and start playing.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Ugh! The Eagles are 3-5-1 and somehow still in first place. The slow start just killed them today.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal 

CONGRATS TO YOUR LIONS ON THE WIN!

Valued Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

We start out this week with a pretty good Thursday night game as Indy goes to Tennessee. This game will come down to the Colts defense containing the Titans offense. If they can do that this could be a win for the Colts. I think the Colts find a way to win even though the Titans are favored. I'm taking the Colts in this one.

The Eagles go to the Giants. The Eagles are coming off a bye and are getting healthier. At this point, the Eagles pretty much live in the Giants' heads. The Eagles always find a way to win these games no matter how far behind they fall. Under Andy Reid, the Eagles were great coming off a bye. That's not so much the case in later years. We tend to come out of the bye a bit sluggish these days. I'm taking the Eagles for the win. They'll fall behind early, look bad, then rally for the win.

Jacksonville goes to Green Bay. Jacksonville is playing desperately to hang onto that second overall pick in the draft. Second isn't a bad place in a draft where there are two elite QB prospects (Lawrence and Fields.) Whoever has the first pick has to choose one of them and could get it wrong. Picking second you just take whichever one is left. They should lose big to Green Bay to help keep them in line for that second pick. Green Bay for the win.

The WFT go to be fed to the Lions. Well, the good news for the WFT is their best, most experienced QB will be playing by default. JD McKissic, the former Lion should be fired up for the game. Turnovers are the issue for the WFT. The three interceptions by Alex Smith last week cost them that game. I guess I'll take the WFT and hope Alex Smith plays better. I think McLaurin and McKissic will have big Mcgames.

Houston goes to Cleveland. I'm not a big fan of either team. I guess I'll take Cleveland. In terms of a roster, Cleveland has more talent than just about anyone. They just don't seem to be able to optimize it.

Tampa Bay goes to Carolina. Is this going to be a Brady bounce-back game? The Bucs looked awful against the Saints. Can Carolina spank them like Drew Brees did? Tampa's favored and Brady tends not to have back to back bad games, but I'm going with Carolina in this one. My gut says they win.

The Chargers go to Miami in one of those games where it looks like the records got reversed somehow. Miami's 5-3 and the Chargers are 2-6. This will be a battle of the rookie QBs and it should be a fun preview of what's likely to be a long series of matchups between Tua and Herbert. I'm going with the Dolphins.

The Broncos go to the Raiders. The Raiders are on a little bit of a roll and oddly enough, Nelson Agholor is catching the football when it's thrown to him. Who knew he could do that? I'll take the Raiders.

The Bills go to the Cards in what should be a pretty good game. The Bills have a better record, but the Cards are favored. The Bills defense has slipped to the middle of the pack this year while the Cards defense is among the league leaders. Containing the Cards is a challenge. I'll take the Cards in this one.

What's left of the Niners goes to New Orleans to be massacred. The good news for the Niners is the NFC West is still pretty close. The bad news is they don't have many players left. Unless the Saints have a let down (possible after the Bucs game) this should be a rout. Sometimes after a big division win, like the Saints win over the Bucs last week, a team will assume they'll win and ease off a bit. I'll take the Saints though.

The Seahawks take on the Rams. The Seahawks defense has given up the third-most points in the NFC at 243. That's a lot. Only the Cowboys and Falcons have given up more. The good news is their offense is scoring the most in the NFC with 274. The Rams defense is very solid leading the NFC in only giving up 152 points. So, a top-tier defense facing a top-tier offense in a must-win game for the Rams. I'm going with the Rams.

The last place Bengals take on the first place Steelers. Despite the disparity in records (8-0 for the Steelers and 2-5-1 for the Bengals), this isn't as big of a mismatch as it might look. The Bengals are a better team than their record indicates. They've cleverly found a way to lose games late that they should win. I'm taking the Steelers in this one, but it should be a pretty good game.

The Ravens go to New England in what looked like a really good game preseason. The Patriots needed a last-second field goal to beat the Jets who were trying to lose. The Ravens won't be trying to lose. I'll take the Ravens in this one. (One note of caution though. Cam Newton is one of those mercurial QBs who can throw up an unbeatable game from time to time.) I'll take the Ravens though.

And finally, we get the Vikings at the Bears. The Vikings seem to be waking up and playing decent football while the Bears are learning why Nick Foles is typically a one and done QB. The Vikings have two wins in a row and the Bears have three losses in a row. The Vikings are favored but I'm bucking the odds and going with the Bears. Nick's had three bad games in a row and that's typically his limit. He's due for a good streak now and primetime games are typically his forte. I'll take the Bears.

Glad that Tom Brady and the Bengals won!!!!! Tom  Brady has always been my son's favorite! He used to travel to watch their home games! He still looks the same..! Woman Happy