Esteemed Contributor

Not surprised to see the news re Urban Meyer.  Just something about that guy that I never trusted. 

After reading up on his bio, I could see why I never trusted him.  He used the "health and family" excuse too many times in his leaving different teams.  Never believed him when he left OSU and then he pops up in J.ville.

My instincts are usually right.  Did I mention that I don't/didn't trust him??

Trusted Contributor

Re: Urban Meyer

[ Edited ]

I have not followed his career very closely, but to learn he didn't even fly back on the plane with his team so he could stay behind and "spend time with his grandkids" and then see the bar video, I have lost any respect for him. I am sure his credibility with the team is zero, if they ever had any. I have read the team was not all that excited when they learned he would be the head coach. The only decent thing he can do is resign, but probably would lose too many millions of dollars, so he may wait to be fired. Sad to see someone who has been coaching for so long end his career this way. Self-inflicted injury.  I can only imagine how his wife and family must feel right now.

Honored Contributor

Successful college coaches seem to get away with everything, he has never had consequences.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

If he was 4-0 instead of 0-4 the video would have never surfaced.

I don't pay attention anymore to these gotcha photos & videos.

Most of them are hit jobs, done deliberately to embarrass or "cancel" the target

Trusted Contributor

This guy is an absolute snake (actually much worse but I was trying to find a forum friendly word).  A stat I heard when he was at Florida - his players had more arrests then he had wins!!!!! 

Its obvious that with all of his programs that there was a lot of bad stuff that has gone on which he just looked over.

Honored Contributor

Time for him to go back to the minor leagues, aka college football.  He obviously doesn't have the character or people skills for the NFL.

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Time for him to go back to the minor leagues, aka college football.  He obviously doesn't have the character or people skills for the NFL.

@ValuSkrI agree with you, but I don't think he does for any football spots.  Hope he doesn't start appearing on one of the football panels like he did for a while. 

He needs to just go away and look after his health and family like he always used for excuses to leave teams.  Quite the jerk.

Esteemed Contributor

@mimomof4 wrote:

This guy is an absolute snake (actually much worse but I was trying to find a forum friendly word).  A stat I heard when he was at Florida - his players had more arrests then he had wins!!!!! 

Its obvious that with all of his programs that there was a lot of bad stuff that has gone on which he just looked over.

@mimomof4  Snake is fine........I'll go along w/that........maybe a black adder? Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@ValuSkr He didn't have character when he was in college.  With his questionable moral character he is perfect for the NFL as they have shown to have no morals at all (ie abusers, rapists and murderers can continue to play)

Honored Contributor

@mimomof4 wrote:
He didn't have character when he was in college.  With his questionable moral character he is perfect for the NFL as they have shown to have no morals at all (ie abusers, rapists and murderers can continue to play)

LOL ... Well, that's a good point!  He shouldn't be leading college-age men either.