Honored Contributor

Wow what a finish for the women! It makes me so sad to see Osaka apologizing for winning! She is an amazing player and she did a great job. I am sorry it ended with so much drama and controversy.

Honored Contributor

She can barely even smile.  She played an awesome game and I fully believe she would have won anyway.  Go. Naiomi!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor
I feel so sorry for Naomi! What a bittersweet victory for her. She looks so sad when she should be thrilled.
Honored Contributor

I didn't see it, just read about it here. Turned to the award ceremony and she was very gracious there.

They're recapping it now. It started when she was given a  violation for her coach allegedly coaching from the box. She got very upset by that and said she doesn't cheat to win. That she would rather lose. And it all went downhill from there.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor
Yes I sat here watching it and couldn't believe it. He was coaching...that was apparent. I am told they all do. It's hard to imagine Serena would need any coaching at all in the finals. She really lost her cool with smashing the raquet and calling the ref a thief. And when I think of all the stuff McEnroe did years ago with nary a warning!
Honored Contributor

Serena's inner nasty diva was showing. I used to like her but after today, no way. I am guessing she figuered she'd win. I guess she thinks she is above being reprimanded.

CONGRATS, NAOMI!! WISHING YOU MANY MORE VICTORIES IN THE FUTURE!!

Super Contributor

CONGRATS, NAOMI!! WISHING YOU MANY MORE VICTORIES IN THE FUTURE!!

I tried to Heart all the comments..but the Q had a problem with the system....

Super Contributor

Serena's inner nasty diva was showing. I used to like her but after today, no way. I am guessing she figuered she'd win. I guess she thinks she is above being reprimanded.     This comment is so well stated I just copied it....

Frequent Contributor

The one good thing about it, she lost. YEA!!!!!

Valued Contributor

So happy for Naomi Osaka. She's a great champion. I hope to watch her win many more.