Respected Contributor

Oh no, say it is not so.....Novak and now Roger.

They both seemed to have physical problems during their matches.

Getting older and the long tennis season, especially the hard courts, is taking a toll.

Hopefully, they will both be back.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

Oh no, say it is not so.....Novak and now Roger.

They both seemed to have physical problems during their matches.

Getting older and the long tennis season, especially the hard courts, is taking a toll.

Hopefully, they will both be back.

A bit of a shocker last night.  So many 5-set matches for Fed this tournament.  Sure do hope his doctors can help him regain his strength and fitness for next season.  Go Rafa!

Respected Contributor

it was a big shocker, to me. and, my favs the bryan bros, are out too. go rafa!

Respected Contributor

Re: U.S. Open Tennis 2019

[ Edited ]

how about that men's final??!! what a nailbiter. i'm very happy rafa won. both played great, just the way a final should be.

Respected Contributor

That was an amazing final!

I thought for sure Rafa had it all wrapped up after 2 sets and Medvedev fought back with everything he had.  The points were absolutely amazing and it was a delight to watch. 

I was not a Medvedev fan during the Open due to his antics on court but after watching him and listening to him at the trophy presentation, he won me over.  I hope he will be around for a long time.

It was wonderful to see Rod Laver presenting the trophy to Rafa...two wonderful gentlemen and ambassadors for the sport.

This match will be one for the ages.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF