Super Contributor

Touching Tribute to Justin Wilson, Indycar Driver, Today

Justin Wilson, Indycar driver, who passed away last Monday after sustaining a head injury from another driver's accident debris, was remembered today at the last race in Sonoma, CA.  He was only 37 years old and married with two daughters.  What was so touching was the fact he was remembered for being a great human being even more than his ability to race.  Rest in peace and prayers to his family.  LadyAlice

Respected Contributor

Re: Touching Tribute to Justin Wilson, Indycar Driver, Today

He was also an organ donor & several others are grateful to him for the rest of their lives even if they never know it was he who gave.

Honored Contributor

Re: Touching Tribute to Justin Wilson, Indycar Driver, Today

It just figures that such a gentleman and gentle man Mr Wilson to be an organ donor.  Thanks to this, six people will live on in his remembrance.  I LOVE this. 

I know many people who work in the auto racing field who knew Mr WIlson and every one of them said that same thing - he loved what he did, AND a true honorable man as well.  He ALWAYS made it a point to thank everyone who worked on his car after every single race.  What a loss to the racing community, to his friends, and of course espeically to his family.

What saddened me yesterday at the last Indy race of the season was that the announcers did not play up his being an organ donor enough.  EVERY person should be an organ donor.  This in my opinion is one of the most powerful legacies we can go out with.  Can you just imagine the person who is blessed with Mr Wilson's heart? 

As I said to a very close friend of mine who had the opportunity to wrench for Justin - he had a smile as wide as a mile.