Super Contributor

Just read about Tiger Woods arrested for DUI in Jupiter, Florida.

I hope he can turn his life around.

Valued Contributor

It made me sad to read about him Smiley Sad I hope he has some good people that can point him in the right direction to get the help he needs....  He didn't look good in the photo.

Honored Contributor

He couldn't afford an uber to get him home ?

he should know better 

Respected Contributor

I saw this on the news and I am sad for him and his family. His father supported him in his golf ambitions and I am sure he wanted the best for him. I did read where he and his ex wife co-parent and actually get along which is good for the children. Too bad he can't seem to get his act together. Money does not make a person happy. 

Esteemed Contributor

This is very sad, pathetic, even tragic. Like many other athletes whose best professional days are behind them, Tiger seems to have succumbed to the temptations of self medication, the wrong way to deal with his problems. I hope this is a one-off, a rare, single event. However, I wouldn't be surprised if that were not the case. Tiger has so much going for him. He needs help gathering his personal, emotional resources so that the rest of his life can provide him with personal satisfaction.

Honored Contributor

He needs to admit he has problems and get counseling/rehab.  He seems to be on a slow burn.  

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

He couldn't afford an uber to get him home ?

he should know better 

When you are drunk or have been drinking heavily, your brain ceases to have reasoning skills. In other words, you turn into a brainless twit.

Valued Contributor

Actually, Tiger's blood alcohol level was 0.00. In other words, no alcohol at all as he stated after the arrest. Sadly, he was found asleep, pulled over at the side of the road with the car still running and seriously impaired by a cocktail of prescription meds. This seems to be an altogether too common story among professional athletes who have had multiple injuries and operations and no ability to transition to life as a private citizen after the glory days are over. I wish him and all of them better days..

Valued Contributor

Re: Tiger Woods

[ Edited ]

Tiger started going off the rails after his father passed away.  He hasn't won a major since 2008!  His accident was Thanksgiving 2009.

Tiger hosts a tournament here in DC in late June and there is rampant speculation about whether he will even show up.

He's had so many surgeries (hence the Vicodin), who knows if he will ever play golf at a high level again.

Respected Contributor

Tiger's dad also showed him it was O.K. to cheat on your spouse.  Just to clarify:  He WASN't drunk.  He was using prescription medications.  He mixed too many pain killers and muscle relaxers.  He has issues, but I feel bad for his children.  They are getting old enough to understand daddy is in trouble.