Honored Contributor

It seems Carlos Beltran will be the next Mets manager. I was hoping they would hire Joe Girardi, but the Mets being the Mets were too cheap to hire him. Now we will have to see him like 18 times a season as he is the Phillies manager. I don't get why the Mets would go with a newbie who has never managed before and not go with someone with experience. They already went the no experience route with Mickey Calloway, how did that work out?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Next Mets Manager Is

I have no idea why Mets management makes the decisions that they make.This is definitely not a winning strategy!!

I hope I'm wrong but I think we're in for another disappointing season!!

Frequent Contributor

I had a feeling it would be Beltran when they didn't get Girardi.

Doesn't matter who the manager is if they don't improve their 

bull pen and Diaz doesn't right himself.

Wish the Wilpons would sell to someone willing to open their wallet to players not on the downside of their careers.

Esteemed Contributor

@Hellcat64 wrote:

Wish the Wilpons would sell to someone willing to open their wallet to players not on the downside of their careers.

@Hellcat64    DITTO!!

Honored Contributor

@Hellcat64 wrote:

I wish Major League Baseball would make the Wilpons  sell the team. New York is a big market, you can't run the team like your in Miami where no one comes out to the games. As New Yorkers we are passionate about our sports teams, we deserve better.

Honored Contributor

Congrats to Pete Alonso for winning the National League Rookie Of The Year! Next up, hoping Jacob DeGromm wins the National Cy Young Award (I think it will be announced tomorrow). How can a team with these two talents not be doing better?

Frequent Contributor

Yay Pete! Hate when Brodie uses that word "creative". We all know what that means 😬

Frequent Contributor

Way to go Jacob deGrom. National league Back to back Cy 

Young award winner!

Honored Contributor

We now have found out that Carlos Beltran was involved in stealing signs when he played for the Astros in 2017. This not the way to start your managerial career, knowing you cheated, disappointed in him.