Honored Contributor

The NFL Wildcard Playoff Weekend!!!

We start out with the Raiders at the Texans in a game that promises to be entertaining, in a Football Follies kind of way anyway, as the two teams with the oddest quarterback situation face off against one another. The Raiders are down to their third string rookie fourth round pick in Connor Cook. This is his first NFL start ever. He's only thrown a handful of passes even in practice, so he's about as raw as it's possible for a quarterback to be. On the Texans side, Brock "I'm really overpaid" Osweiler gets the start after Tom Savage, got concussed. This game could very easily set a record for the most interceptions ever thrown by two teams in a playoff game. Maybe both quarterbacks will surprise everyone and it will be a good game, but right now, it has more of a Keystone Kops feel about it. If I had to pick a team to win , I'd probably pick the Texans simply because Osweiler does have some experience.

The second game on Saturday features the Lions at the Seahawks. Going into Seattle to play a game is tough. The Seahawks have also signed Devin Hester to be their kick and punt returner strengthening that potential weakness. If the Lions are to win this game, they've got to get ahead early and stay ahead. I'll pick the Seahawks playing at home though.

Our early game on Sunday features the Dolphins at the Steelers. The Dolphins will be relying on their ground game and Jay Ajayi to win this game, but the Steelers know that and will be clamping down on the run. I suspect Ben Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown will make enough plays to get the win. 

And the final game is the Giants at the Packers. The Giants aren't exactly surging into the playoffs having lost to Philly two weeks ago and ekeing out a win over the Redskins when Kirk Cousins threw a late interception. Aaron Rdogers woke up from whatever funk he was in early in the year and is playing Aaron Rodgers' football again. I just don't see the Giants winning this game. The Packers are vulnerable to deep passes down the left side of their defense and you can bet Odell Beckham and Eli Manning will try a few, but I just don't see the Giants winning.

It should be a fun weekend of football!

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: The NFL Wildcard Playoff Weekend!!!

Looking forward to all the games.  The Raiders Texans will be very entertaining!  Look out next season.  Another Watt will join the ranks of the NFL.  Good Luck to TJ. 

Valued Contributor

best game of the week giants packers.giants  love playing there and will destroy

the packers.looking at score GIANTS 35  PACKERS 10.only team GIANTS dont

match up well is atlanta otherwise its on to the super bowl again GIANTS and

NEW ENGLAND. part 3.

Super Contributor

@heart of savino

DREAM ON!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Let the PLAYOFFS BEGIN!!

Raiders/Texans----oh what could've been for the Raiders...SIGH!!!  Now we have inexperienced QB Cook going against ineffective Osweiler (@gardenman overpaid is right!)----the Texans have a pretty good defense....and the Raiders will need for their defense and running game to step up......I think Ill have to go TEXANS (but not very enthusiastically)....

Lions/Seahawks---The Lions have struggled in recent weeks and backed into the playoffs.....the Seahawks have had problems protecting QB Russell Wilson and injuries have hurt the Seahawks defense.....but the Seahawks are playing at home so will have to go with the 12th man and the SEAHAWKS!

Dolphins/Steelers---this would have been a good game if Tannehill was playing at QB......RB Ajayi will have to help out with the ground game.....Ben, Brown, and Bell will be difficult to stop and the Steeler defense has been playing better.....will go with the "B" gang and choose THE STEELERS (I just hope they dont wear those awful bumble bee jerseys---LOL).....weather might also be a factor in this one...

Image result for steelers bumblebee uniforms

Giants/Packers---best game of the weekend.....Eli is the only QB in playoff history to defeat the Pacers at Lambeau.....the Giant's defense is playing well but Rodgers has been red hot........but the Packers secondary has been put together with band aids....As I mentioned before the Giants have a problem with their o line particularly LT.....and not a very good running game....this game is going to be a toss up.....will the tundra be frozen? Will the Giant's partying in Miami with Justin Bieber impact them....?????  Will Eli carry a grudge because he wasn't invited to the party.... I'm going with THE PACKERS!

Image result for Green Bay Packers Lambeau Leap  

Image result for dog wearing packers cheesehead

Good Luck Everyone! HAPPY FOOTBALL WATCHING!

Image result for Funny Cat Pictures Watching Football

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

okay here is my "wish list" for the weekend.........for those teams i WANT to win.

Raiders/Texans......RAIDERS, mainly because they have had so many bad seasons that i want it to be their turn (really a shame about their quarterbacks at the end of the season)

Lions/Seahawks.....LIONS, i love a good underdog!

Dolphins/Steelers.......okay as a die hard ravens fan is this even a choice? of course i want the DOLPHINS to win!

Giants/Packers......this is a tough game to choose. i will go with the GIANTS, mainly because of manning. it would be nice to see a DIFFERENT manning win for a change.

good luck to all of your teams and may we see some GREAT games. i hope nothing is a blowout.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

My husband and son have been Raider fans through thick and thin for many years. How unfortunate the quarterback is out for the season or they might have gone to the Super Bowl. I am a diehard Steeler girl so I will be waving my terrible towel on Saturday!!
Esteemed Contributor

If the Steelers wear the throwback uniforms, game over!  They never lose while wearing them. I hope the Dolphins don't even try to disrespect the terrible towel.

I would go with the Packers, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Giants won. Somehow the Giants become very formidable during the playoffs. They shouldn't be taken lightly.

I would love it if Detroit beat Seattle. I never liked Pete Carroll, so his reaction would be fun to watch. Wouldn't bet on it, though.

Oakland and Houston is up in the air. Should be a fun game to watch.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

This is what I would LIKE to see this weekend (I am a lifelong, die hard LIONS fan)

Dolphins over Steelers- even though Brown went to Central Mich, Bell went to Mich State, Toussant went to Mich, Steelers have won enough and I do not like Ben

Giants over Pack- again, lifelong LIONS fan

Lions over Seahawks- ITA, @teganslaw, never liked Carroll

Raiders over Texans- only because Connor Cook is starting due to all the QB injuries (Spartan guy)

BTW, I won the FF here in my office!!!   Three years in a row now, girls have won!!

Good Luck to all teams!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

Interesting. The Redskins fired their defensive coordinator and two assistant coaches. We're starting to hear rumors of some coaching changes in Philly, but not at quarterback coach. Joe Defillippo is the QB coach and the Jets wanted to interview him to be their offensive coordinator, but the Eagles denied permission. There's speculation that Frank Reich the current OC in Philly could be going to Buffalo as head coach, so the Eagles locked down Defillippo to take his place if Reich leaves.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!