Honored Contributor

The Iron Bowl Alabama/Auburn

Quite the clever ending for Auburn. Alabama stopped them with about a minute to go. They think Auburn will punt and put their punt return team on the field, then notices Auburn left their offense on the field. They scramble to get their defense back out there and in the confusion end up with twelve guys on the field which was a five yard penalty and gave Auburn the first down, and ultimately the win. Very clever, strategic move on the part of Auburn.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: The Iron Bowl Alabama/Auburn

There really was not a dull moment the entire game.  Good game!

Valued Contributor

Wow!! Bama fans have to be going beserk!!

Honored Contributor

So Alabama is not going to the playoffs and Malzahn is not going to Arkansas, I guess.

Honored Contributor

Kudos to the Auburn staff. It was a pretty clever move. They sent the punter on the field, Alabama saw it and sent out the punt return team. Then Auburn lined the punter up at wide receiver instead of as a punter and kept the rest of their offense out there. Alabama went into panic mode and was pulling the punt team and putting their defense back on the field, but in the confusion, they left one extra guy on the field and Auburn snapped the ball and started celebrating. It was a very clever little trick play, and not necessarily the best way to win a game, but they won.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I'm thrilled that Alabama is not going to be in the top 4.  Now if the Patriots can be eliminated early and not have to see them in the Super Bowl again, that would really be great!!!  I look forward to having some diferent teams in the playoffs.