Regular Contributor

Re: The 2019 Super Bowl News and Notes!!!

Won't watch.  Both teams reek of sneaky creeps.  The RAms should be fined for the Saints foul that was ignored, and those refs should never ref again.  Tom Brady is a liar and a slimy sneak. 

Esteemed Contributor

Bruce Allen did something positive for the team. Mark your calendars. I think this is a yacht competition between NFC east owners. Jerry's ship sounds nicer, so he's winning the competition so far. Woman LOL

The team doesn't think that Smith will be back this year. I would be surprised if he were, considering how serious his injury was. 

I'm watching the Pro Bowl. Andrew Luck already threw an interception, but Ebron scored a touchdown. Everyone looks like they're having fun, though. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

No, One can’t assume the Saints would have made the kick or touchdown, nor can you assume they would have missed.  The distance was short, and a bad call shouldn’t keep them out.

As for Brady I agree he gets lots of protection from teammates as well as the refs.

Not a hater or a whiner.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

even though it is raining, the pro bowl has been fun to watch. didnt expect it to be a runaway for the AFC though during the first three quarters. 13 minutes left to play.

nice little chunk of change for the players, win or lose,  PLUS a donation of $10k for each player to donate to a charity or organization of their choice.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Stray Thank you for your passionate and kind words about Tom and the Patriots. I know that you do know him. I respect him so much and I consider myself lucky to have seen his entire career here. Have never in my life seen such a hard working dedicated competitive athlete as Tom Brady and I don't think I ever will again.

I love hearing him talk about his family and seeing pictures on Instagram.

When his Mom had cancer I know it must have been so tough for him. My Mom had cancer but she didn't make it. Every time I see him now I think of his Mom, and my Mom. She loved the Patriots. Going to be so hard to watch them in the Super Bowl without her here. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Frequent Contributor

@Stray wrote:

@Emma Bunting wrote:

Despite what people think, Brady has class.  Patrick Mahomes will be one of the greats if he doesn't get injured. Unbelievable performance for a 23 year old. Brady was paying his respects....because he respects him as a quarterback. 

Since you're a Chief's fan, @jeanlake.... I envy you. You have your glory years ahead of you as long as you can keep Mahomes healthy. Maybe he should look into the TB12 meathod. It's certainly kept Tom pliable for all these years. 

@Emma Bunting- I've met TB numerous times and he is a class act.  I'm in Giant/Jet territory. I love the game and that's what I love about Brady, his passion for the game.  Mahomes has a bright future & an incredible athlete & Brady recognizes & appreciates that & most likely, Brady's visit meant a lot to Mahomes, I'm sure.  But, as good as Mahomes is, I don't see the passion for the game.  He interviews nicely & seems humble but his affect is flat when he plays.  The win is important to most fans but I enjoy Brady's fire, throwing his helmet, yelling, cussing & his excitement when he wins, like every game is the Super Bowl....he's just fun to watch & when he is on, nothing more beautiful to see.  Even when he loses, he gives us a good game, usually.  He's had ugly games this year but they are playing their best football now.  When the game is on the line, I love when they focus on his eyes, the sheer determination and you almost feel his will to win.  I hope it's a great game & TB and the Pats win! 

I agree with everything you say, @Stray!  I know what you're saying about Mahomes not seeming passionate enough...but that's what kind of scares me about him (when he's our opponent) He is as cool as a cucumber....and doesn't seem to let the pressure get to him. You need that focus and confidence in those last 2 minute drives for the win. His offense is explosive........and reminds me a bit of a young Brady in that regard. 

Frequent Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I'm a longtime Patriots fan and I don't apologize for that. Just like I'm a longtime Red Sox and Celtics fan. I don't think likability is a standard, lots of unlikable players and coaches in the NFL. All over the league. Like a guy who stomped on another player's head and is still in the league. Like wife and girlfriend abusers.

Tom Brady has many likable qualities. His love for and treatment of his Mom, sisters, wife, and children being a major one for me. His love for and treatment of his teammates. Yes there are some things about him that I don't like, he's only a human being. Belichick has likable qualities too., believe it or not. Watch the specials about him or local TV interviews on You Tube.

I like many players on other teams. Dislike some too. The Patriots are the #1 target because they win so much. For anyone to deny that is just laughable, sorry.

And don't forget......Brady has agreed......several times......to less salary so it can go to other players to make the Pats a stronger team. He is passionate about football....and about winning. He's having fun out there. Great to see the love of the game being emphasized like that......instead of money money money like so many players. 

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

Bruce Allen did something positive for the team. Mark your calendars. I think this is a yacht competition between NFC east owners. Jerry's ship sounds nicer, so he's winning the competition so far. Woman LOL

The team doesn't think that Smith will be back this year. I would be surprised if he were, considering how serious his injury was. 

I'm watching the Pro Bowl. Andrew Luck already threw an interception, but Ebron scored a touchdown. Everyone looks like they're having fun, though. 

That external fixation on Alex Smith's leg complicates matters. It makes it much harder to start rehab until the hardware comes off and that typically takes four to twelve months. Then he's pretty much got to rebuild the leg which should take three to six months. He broke it in December, so best case scenario would be seven months which could have him back by July, that would be very, very lucky though. Having had far too much personal experience with a broken leg, I know timelines are very fluid.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@Emma Bunting @Greeneyedlady21. Brady doesn't live far from here.  Class all the way.  Has admitted on an interview that the end is coming sooner than later and he's looking forward to enjoying life with his family and friends.  I hope he does so in good health along with his family. 

I also love watching the McCourty's - Great players as is Edelman and Gronkowski.  Love or hate the Pats (I love) they are a great team and I hope they win on Sunday-

Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins--Really enjoy watching all of them. Sox team this past year was a superb group of athletes who had their act together.  What they did for the community outside the games was as important as winning the pennant.  

It is so refreshing to see athletes who care, show concern and are more then dumb jocks these days.   Great role models - 

Honored Contributor

The Cowboys' new and revamped offensive braintrust is getting pummelled on social media for only scoring seven points with an extremely talented team in the Pro Bowl. It's not hard to know where they went wrong. While other teams try to bring in fresh blood and fresh ideas, on the Cowboys their QB coach, offensive coordinator, and head coach are all former Cowboy quarterbacks who played the same system. To say there's nothing new going on there would be an understatement. 

While teams around the league are implementing all kinds of crazy new concepts, the Cowboys are stuck in the past on offense. The "Let's run Zeke on first and second down, then try a pass on third down and if the first receiver isn't open, dump the ball off to Zeke" offense isn't really fooling anyone. It'll be interesting to see if they actually learn from this and make major changes to the offense, or if they just keep plodding ahead on the same plan.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!