Honored Contributor

Re: The 2019 Super Bowl News and Notes!!!

@Spurt wrote:

@sunshine45

Thanks for that list by appearance in the commercial, I caught most of them but missed some players

you are welcome @Spurt.

i was curious about everyone in it and of course had to find out.

that is a lot of people in a 2 minute commercial!

it was one of my favorites though.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@stevieb

personally, if i dont really care which team wins or loses, i want to see a good, well played,  and exciting game. perhaps for the two teams involved and their fans it was exciting?

that game last night was a defensive match, but far from being a defensive masterpiece for sure. of course, that is just my not so erudite observation. i just like to see a lot of action from the offense also and it really only had a few moments of that.....most of it coming from edelman......and hekker who broke a record for the longest punt in super bowl history.

the excitement of it was missing......for me at least. even many of the announcers and football experts felt it was lacking in excitement.

yes, it was a piece of history that happened, hence the media madhouse that occurred after the game.

congrats to the patriots and their fans!

now looking forward to the draft and pre season!

@sunshine45 I don't think I ever said it was exciting.I'd be nuts to think so because it wasn't. What I said was that it wasn't a bad game, merely a defensive one. As for whether or not it was a 'masterpiece' I thought it was, but will leave any final assessment to pundits more knowledgeable than am I. I did hear at least one former Superbowl winning coach and one former NFL and Superbowl MVP QB indicate the same... Holding the normally high scoring Rams offense to one field goal does, though, indicate the Pats defense was doing something right... Enjoy the coming season.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@stevieb

personally, if i dont really care which team wins or loses, i want to see a good, well played,  and exciting game. perhaps for the two teams involved and their fans it was exciting?

that game last night was a defensive match, but far from being a defensive masterpiece for sure. of course, that is just my not so erudite observation. i just like to see a lot of action from the offense also and it really only had a few moments of that.....most of it coming from edelman......and hekker who broke a record for the longest punt in super bowl history.

the excitement of it was missing......for me at least. even many of the announcers and football experts felt it was lacking in excitement.

yes, it was a piece of history that happened, hence the media madhouse that occurred after the game.

congrats to the patriots and their fans!

now looking forward to the draft and pre season!

@sunshine45 I don't think I ever said it was exciting.I'd be nuts to think so because it wasn't. What I said was that it wasn't a bad game, merely a defensive one. As for whether or not it was a 'masterpiece' I thought it was, but will leave any final assessment to pundits more knowledgeable than am I. I did hear at least one former Superbowl winning coach and one former NFL and Superbowl MVP QB indicate the same... Holding the normally high scoring Rams offense to one field goal does, though, indicate the Pats defense was doing something right... Enjoy the coming season.

@stevieb

oh yes.....there are some that definitely agree with you......both football "experts" and viewers/fans.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein