Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
I live near Kansas City and we are elated the Chiefs are going to play in the Superbowl. However there is the matter of the parade if or when they win. Kansas City already said they would not have a parade as was done last year. I agree with that. But all the deniers of Covid and people who just don't care are all up in arms about a parade. I am so angry about it. KC is last in getting residents vaccinated. A lot of us have worn masks, stayed away from our families and the selfishness of all of this is frustrating. I know many people are fine with all this. Miami will be filled with fans. I don't get it. 😡
Esteemed Contributor

Not worth getting mad.

Just be thankful that some are working on herd immunity and keep away.  If they are also sans fear, masks or vaccines, just hope it goes fast.

We can wait another year 🤣

Trusted Contributor

There will be a parade at some point to celebrate the Chiefs win - just delayed gratification. As a Chiefs fan and former KC resident, I'd love to see a bash like last year but it just can't be that way right now. Believe me, Travis Kelce will be a BEAST when the parade finally happens!!!

Esteemed Contributor

KC suburban lady here. Go Chiefs -- and I know Tampa fans are so excited as well. We live in a state where we rarely hear from our governor. He's  invisible. But we have a terrific mayor and I trust him to follow through like wise and fair leader. He will get criticised by people who enjoy clinching their fists and growling. I'd rather have a parade before KC Royals baseball season begins. Better weather and hopefully healthier times.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor
They can have it up in KC. But they are talking about bringing it down to the small town I live in. We don't have a mask mandate here. I don't want all those people here. We've got enough problems.
Trusted Contributor
@jeanlake yes Mayor Lucas is catching hell.
Esteemed Contributor

@KCDiva Agree -- I wouldn't want all of that in my town, either

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau