Highlighted
Honored Contributor

What snack are you making for the " big game" ? I'm taking cheese spread and crackers to a party.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Staying in, but I have all the ingredients to make home made pizza.  

Honored Contributor

I'm cooking and I'm serving nachos and chili over cheesy french fries or baked potato for those who eat healthier.LOL

Honored Contributor

We are staying home and eating left over vegetable beef stew from yesterday. We are going to Best Buy in a few to get a new printer so I can print trip stuff. As for the Super Bowl, when my team gets in again, I'll be all in the spirit-- dress and food. It will be good anyway. 

Trusted Contributor

I thought this would be an easy throw together.  That was my first mistake.  Got up early (mistake number two) and settled on making individual oreo cheesecakes.  Hm...no sour cream..whereas I'm in new england, going to the supermarket today is NOT an option.  I'm not going to stare down those oreos so...oreo cupkates with Ina's cream cheese frosting.  Get eveything out, start mixing and yep..needs sour cream.  Then it dawns on me I have a huge container of plain yogurt.  So I've totally improvised and not sure about these cupcakes at this point.  Added pudding mix, more oil and an extra egg--EIther going to be the best cupcake that I will never be able to replicate because i have no idea what i've done to this point or they will be inedible.  Popped them in the oven.  Meantime, I'll start the frosting.  (mistake 3). Creamcheese, butter, confecioners, vanilla.  All set to go.  Lock up the kitchen aid, whoops....hit the wrong side of the mixer and it starts up full blast.  Confectioners sugar everywhere. All over counters, stove, me and the dog (I figure we'll be at the vet at some point today) Fabulous!  Cleaned that mess,fixed the frosting, cupcakes still baking. 

Maybe some black bean hummus--Came out great.  Then saw Ina's homemade onion dip.  I have all the ingredients (used the yogurt instead of sour cream) and came out great. 

Cupcakes are awesome.  I've had two and now have a screaming sugar headache.  

Overall, now not sure I feel well enough to go to the party!  I may just drop off the food and come home and get a good nights sleep.  i'm exhausted.

Esteemed Contributor

Agree with OKPrincess. When my team gets in (Chiefs), I'll get excited. I do hope Eagles win -- like their Q-back. Hearty veggie soup with cornbread will be served. Roads are covered with snow, so not sure how many will drop in. This works. Will start some brownies when the game begins. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

wrote:

Agree with OKPrincess. When my team gets in (Chiefs), I'll get excited. I do hope Eagles win -- like their Q-back. Hearty veggie soup with cornbread will be served. Roads are covered with snow, so not sure how many will drop in. This works. Will start some brownies when the game begins. 

When my team was in the super bowl, I was too nervous to eat, but what a thrill !!!

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan